Grumpy old man review: Dodge and Burn is an ok collection of random songs that were probably outtakes from previous sessions. Some ok music with poor lyrics over it.  Jack White has been quoted as saying Three Dollar Hat almost didn't make the record...which would have been an improvement.  Almost every track would make an ok b-side to a single, but they do not amount to the quality of previous LPs.  If the band was on a major label I would just assume this was them squeezing in the contract mandated record of the year...but as they are not I am not sure what the excuse is for the low quality on this.  I hope this is just me and you guys like it, but for myself I will just keep spinning Sea of Cowards and Horehound.

Grumpy old man review: Dodge and Burn is an ok collection of random songs that were probably outtakes from previous sessions. Some ok music with poor lyrics over it.  Jack White has been quoted as saying Three Dollar Hat almost didn't make the record...which would have been an improvement.  Almost every track would make an ok b-side to a single, but they do not amount to the quality of previous LPs.  If the band was on a major label I would just assume this was them squeezing in the contract mandated record of the year...but as they are not I am not sure what the excuse is for the low quality on this.  I hope this is just me and you guys like it, but for myself I will just keep spinning Sea of Cowards and Horehound.

Be sure to give it a second spin. Some of them might win you over. I'm still excited about it regardless as the wait has been far too long for a new album of theirs.

Grumpy old man review: Dodge and Burn is an ok collection of random songs that were probably outtakes from previous sessions. Some ok music with poor lyrics over it. Jack White has been quoted as saying Three Dollar Hat almost didn't make the record...which would have been an improvement. Almost every track would make an ok b-side to a single, but they do not amount to the quality of previous LPs. If the band was on a major label I would just assume this was them squeezing in the contract mandated record of the year...but as they are not I am not sure what the excuse is for the low quality on this. I hope this is just me and you guys like it, but for myself I will just keep spinning Sea of Cowards and Horehound.

I feel the exact same. Well put.

It's tempting...but that dumb "collector's mentality" in me can't break up my vault collection.  Still have every vault release and though this isn't my favorite DW album, Ill still spin it more than Karen Elson live or the Willy Nelson LP.

is the willie release no good or you just not into willie?

It's tempting...but that dumb "collector's mentality" in me can't break up my vault collection.  Still have every vault release and though this isn't my favorite DW album, Ill still spin it more than Karen Elson live or the Willy Nelson LP.

Makes sense. If you ever feel like breaking up the family, hit me up because I'll gladly take that Karen Elson Live album off your hands.

Makes sense. If you ever feel like breaking up the family, hit me up because I'll gladly take that Karen Elson Live album off your hands.

If you want that Karen Elson live album, I think I still have one I want to get rid of. The outside has a crease in it I think because they were still shipping poorly back then, but if you're serious, PM me we'll work something out.

Got the Vault #25 package in the mail today and gave it a spin. I like the majority of the album, some of the songs are really great, but I could also easily do without Three Dollar Hat and Impossible Winner..

Both the LP and the 7" are more like an opaque orange marble, which is slightly disappointing because I was under the impression they'd be more of a clear yellow with black wisps like the previous released 7"s. There is also a little surprise when you open the gatefold, but it's lame and gimmicky of course (which is typical of TMR releases in some people's minds).

But overall, I'm extremely happy for new Dead Weather material and hoping for a tour at some point!