Mine is a rega rp6 with ortofon black cart.. and its definitely not the table causing this issue....it's a huge pinch in the pressing..its hard to explain but its almost as if there is some kind Of kink. I have played thousands of albums and never seen one like this straight from the factory.

ATLP240 here w/ AT150MLX cart and what you're saying it exactly right; it's a ripple of some kind.

I'm going to shoot them a follow up email today and hope I get somewhere. I just want to be able to hear the entire record, that's all. 

I'm no expert when it comes to turntables, but I'm in the market for one in that price range. Can anyone weigh in on this? Is it worth the price or is it a lot of markup due to the fact it's Jack White/TMR branded?

That's how much a regular 1.3 costs. I've not heard it, but from what I've read, it's a good one. music direct claims it's the best sub $500 table out there.

I'm no expert when it comes to turntables, but I'm in the market for one in that price range. Can anyone weigh in on this? Is it worth the price or is it a lot of markup due to the fact it's Jack White/TMR branded?

That's a pretty standard price for that model.  You can read specs & reviews on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009453HRU/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B009453HRU&linkCode=as2&tag=theoffici075f-20&linkId=G5MINATOYL53UZG4

My only hesitation with purchasing this 1.3 is that Pro Ject has announced a newer version with a carbon fiber tonearm, but there's no release date or anything on the carbon fiber one yet.

Pardon my ignorance, but is the carbon fiber arm tube different than what you're refering to?

SPECS:

Fitted Cartridge: Pearl

Amplifier Connection: MM-Input

Nominal Speeds: 33 / 45 rpm

Motor Completely Decoupled

RCA Phono Jacks

S Shaped Pro-Ject 8.6S (8.6") Tonearm with Carbon Fiber Armtube

Overhang: 19mm

Downforce Range: 10 - 30mN

Speed Variance: ±0.8%

Wow & Flutter: ±0.15%

Signal-to-Noise: -70dB

Power Supply: Outboard Power Supply; Output Voltage: 12V / 200mA AC; Power Consumption: 2W

Dimensions (WHD): 15 x 4.5 x 13.8 in., 380 x 115 x 350 mm

Weight: 7.3 lbs., 3.3 kg

Pardon my ignorance, but is the carbon fiber arm tube different than what you're refering to?

SPECS:

Fitted Cartridge: Pearl

Amplifier Connection: MM-Input

Nominal Speeds: 33 / 45 rpm

Motor Completely Decoupled

RCA Phono Jacks

S Shaped Pro-Ject 8.6S (8.6") Tonearm with Carbon Fiber Armtube

Overhang: 19mm

Downforce Range: 10 - 30mN

Speed Variance: ±0.8%

Wow & Flutter: ±0.15%

Signal-to-Noise: -70dB

Power Supply: Outboard Power Supply; Output Voltage: 12V / 200mA AC; Power Consumption: 2W

Dimensions (WHD): 15 x 4.5 x 13.8 in., 380 x 115 x 350 mm

Weight: 7.3 lbs., 3.3 kg

Well sunovabitch, I didn't see it listed on the specs. The pictures for the turntable though show the regular arm though, which is strange. Here's a picture of the new one with a carbon fiber arm:

1614131_797262933672583_6729724826072818

I sent them a damn video! Ugh! What a pain in the ass...I'm tempted to order another copy but will probably just wait to grab one used at Amoeba to be sure.....

I love hearing her solo project but this just left a bad taste in my mouth. Weird that only you and I are having this issue...mybe it's just the batch amazon received....wait....where did u get your copies from?

Just wanted to follow up with you on some more bad news.

I kept on Third Man about it and they offered to send me another copy free of charge even though I didn't buy it through them. I was all excited until it was delivered today and it has the exact same defect!

I'm just going to have to live with skipping tracks 2 & 3 on this one I guess :/

Just wanted to follow up with you on some more bad news.

I kept on Third Man about it and they offered to send me another copy free of charge even though I didn't buy it through them. I was all excited until it was delivered today and it has the exact same defect!

I'm just going to have to live with skipping tracks 2 & 3 on this one I guess :/

Wow!!! I'll keep my eyes out for a lavender version. Ive never had a problem with anything from third man but still kinda sucks. I'm guessing not everyone had this problem but still annoying. Thanks for the info

Yeah, I had already offered double what it costs, I just figured it would be someone trying to help out someone on here rather than someone looking to flip.

I'm just curious if the lavender copy is going to have the same flaw as all those copies I got via Amazon. Probably wait a few months for their stock to change hands and try again. What's funny is I noticed after I returned 3 different copies....they started showing up in the azon marketplace but no mention of the warp....

I'm just curious if the lavender copy is going to have the same flaw as all those copies I got via Amazon. Probably wait a few months for their stock to change hands and try again. What's funny is I noticed after I returned 3 different copies....they started showing up in the azon marketplace but no mention of the warp....

I was wondering the same thing about the lavendar version. I'm going to do the same as you with this; lay back and see if a possible future pressing doesn't have the issue.

I had a similar experience with my local store that was a bit upsetting. After I picked up my third copy from them, I was digging and found my original two in the used bin for $12 each. It bums me out that they're aware of the defect and they're still going to sell them to someone else.