loserkid1 on DeadFormat

• 4 weeks later...

hahaha I've been talking to this guy over on Discogs about a potential purchase and I knew from the first message he was a total shadeball.  the price has gone from 90 plus shipping to 25 dollars flat in 1 day all he needs is the visa card # before he ships anything but don't worry he won't spend a dime until I get my record!

thanks for the thread - confirmed my suspicions.

Just in case anyone looks at this thread again, here was the first message he sent me haha I was dying:

"EMAIL ME AT [email protected] TO DISCUSS THIS MORE. THAT WAY WE DONT HAVE TO PAY THE FEES THEY CHARGE US BOTH. I AM DOWN TO SEND YOU THE COPY FOR A 60 PLUS SHIPPING SO 65 SOUND GOOD (READ BELOW THAT IS REALLY FOR THE UN SLEEVED MY REAL PRICE FOR SLEEVE IS BELOW BUT I WILL WORK WITH YOU DUDE, I WANT YOU TO HAVE THIS, AS I HAVE TOO MAYN COPIES 6 AS IT IS. THESE ARE JUST THE 2 SUPER CLEAN ETC (AS LONG AS YOU ARE IN THE US) WHAT I USUALLY REQUIRE ON DEALS LIKE THIS IS SIMPLE. SEND ME THE VISA #NOW AND ALL THE STUFF ON IT SO I CAN TEST IT OUT MAKE SURE IT'S LEGIT. I SUE THAT TO PAY FOR POSTAGE, AND TO SEE THAT THE BALANCE IS LEGIT. THEN INSTEAD OF PAYPAL OR ANYTHING, I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE REST OF THE MONEY PUT INTO AN ELECTRONIC GIFTCARD FOR SHOPRADIOCAST. OR YOU COULD I ASSUME SEND ME PAYPAL, I JUST HATE THE FEES. EITHER WAY LEMME KNOW. IF YOU SEND VIA SHOPRADIOCAST GIFTCARD, AND IT SHOWS UP TONIGHT OR TOMORROW BY 10AM I WILL THROW IN 2 BONUS LPS/OR 7S IF YOU MENTION S
OME OF WHAT U WANT, I MIGHT HAVE IT AND THROW IT IN EVEN, I WONT SAY WHAT, BUT I PROMISE 1 IS VERY VERY RARE. I RUN A MUSIC PR FIRM, I GET ALL KINDS THAT WAY, HAVE OVER 100,000 VINYL CURRENTLY SOME SO RARE PEOPLE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF UM CAUSE ONLY 1 FUCK UP OCCURRED OUTTA MILLIONS. ANYWAYS, CALL OR TEXT ME ASAP WELL GET THIS BUSTED OUT, ILL WORK WITH ANY CONCERNS ETC, AND THIS WILL BE IN THE MAIL TOMORROW IF YA WANT LMAO
I REQUIRE BOTH BE SENT TO ME, AND THEN WITHIN 24HRS YOU GET YOUR TRACKIGN # AND PACKAGE IS IN THE MAIL. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. IF YOU GET BOTH SENT TO ME AND THE GIFTCARD CHECKS OUT, I CAN HAVE IT IN THE MAIL TOMORROW MORNING, AND YES I WILL GIVE YOU THE ONE WITH THE SLEEVE. THAT ONE IS ACTUALLY BEING ASKED AT $90 WITH SHIPPING. IS THAT COOL? TEXT ME 812-569-2285 I JUST HAD SURGERY, SO I AM NOT ON LAPTOP THAT MUCH, BUT CELL I CAN USE, I HAVE A SECRETARY THAT SHIPS ALL vinyl, SO NO NEED TO PANIC. IT WILL GET THERE ASAP, AS LONG AS WE CAN COME TO AN AGREEMENT, I AM VERY, VERY PERSONAL INTERESTED ETC...I GIVE OUT ALL MY HOME INFO SO THAT YOU CAN TRUST ME AND KNOW RIGHT WHERE TO REACH ME. SO TEXT ME TONIGHT AND WE'LL FIGURE OUT A DEAL. I WILL MAKE THIS WORK SOMEHOW OR ANOTHER WITH YOU. IF WE GOTTA TALK DEALS ON THE ONE WIT SLEEVE WE WILL ETC ETC.....BUT CONSIDER THIS RECORD YOURS IF YOU WANT IT. CALL OR TEXT ILL BE UP ALL NIGHT SURGERY PAIN SUCKS I REALLY WANNA
GET THIS DEAL SITUATED BY TONIGHT IF POSSIBLE AS MY SECRETARY ( I OWN MY OWN COMPANY) WILL BE BY TOMORROW BUT NO THE FOLLOWING 2 DAYS (IM LETTING HER OFF FOR A SPRING BREAK A LIL EARLY)"

My favorites, in order:

GET THIS DEAL SITUATED BY TONIGHT IF POSSIBLE AS MY SECRETARY ( I OWN MY OWN COMPANY) WILL BE BY TOMORROW BUT NO THE FOLLOWING 2 DAYS (IM LETTING HER OFF FOR A SPRING BREAK A LIL EARLY)"

SEND ME THE VISA #NOW AND ALL THE STUFF ON IT SO I CAN TEST IT OUT MAKE SURE IT'S LEGIT. I SUE THAT TO PAY FOR POSTAGE, AND TO SEE THAT THE BALANCE IS LEGIT. THEN INSTEAD OF PAYPAL OR ANYTHING, I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE REST OF THE MONEY PUT INTO AN ELECTRONIC GIFTCARD FOR SHOPRADIOCAST.

I GET ALL KINDS THAT WAY, HAVE OVER 100,000 VINYL CURRENTLY SOME SO RARE PEOPLE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF UM CAUSE ONLY 1 FUCK UP OCCURRED OUTTA MILLIONS

haha after rejecting his offers multiple times the $$ went from 90 to 25 (that includes shipping) and if I sent him the info before 10am (he emailed me at 3am) I would get two other super rare records that no one had ever heard of before included!

Then he went on to say I was really missing out and he's just gonna sell it to someone else who also wants it so that deal is done and I missed my chance (even thoug hhe said he had 6+ copies) and I'm really gonna regret not having that super rare stuff he had but like If I wanted to order then okay he would still do the trade.

It's been a very interesting convo haha I can send the rest of his side messages if there is interest. But he toned down the caps and the crazy a tiny bit in subsequent messages.

GUYS I KNOW THIS NIGERIAN PRINCE WHO LOVES CHIODOS. HES HAS GOT LIKE 15 COPIES SUPER RARE 1 IN A MILLION BUT YOU NEd 2 Wire HIM THE MONEY FIRST BUT IF YOU DO IN LIKE THE NEXT 14 minuTES MY SECRETARY WILL KICK IN SOME MONEY AND HE WILL SEnD EexTRA RARE RECORDS IF YOU WANT>> JUST SNED THE MONEY TRASNFER AND IT IS ALL YOURS ETC ETC. BY THE WAY I BROKE MY leg THATS Y I TYPE LIKE THIS AND IM IN A HURRY SO LIKE SEND ME YOUR BANK INFO DUDE LMAO OK COOL!

Are people still falling for scams like this.

It seems like all these scams take place over shitty records anyway

I have over 150 transactions on discogs as a seller/buyer. never had an issue once.

People on that site are so nice. Occasionally overseas idiot who thinks you are ripping him off on shipping.

But I might be selling and buying records that arent made to go in picture frames and people actually want them and not to scam to make a few bucks