Signed records

I'm just wondering, how much does getting a record signed increase the value? What are your general opinions on this? Personally, I think that if the artist is dead, or the band is broken up, it makes the signed record considerably more valuable. I'm just wondering cause I have a signed record that I'm considering selling.

totally depending on the buyers market. i know collectors who hate having any writing on their sleeves, then there's folks who love it and willing to pay extra.

personally i don't give too much about signatures. i like it when it's done stylish. once found a record which had a signed inner sleeve. not too frontal but still a proof that the creator held this copy in his hands. (which is the only extra value i see in it).

personally, i enjoy getting stuff signed... but id never pay extra for a signatur. its not really the scribbling itself but the memory of it that matters.

This, everything I have signed has a cool memory attached to it, that A wont mean shit to anyone else, and B it wouldn't matter to me if I bought someone else's signed records because I wouldn't have the memory of getting it.

personally, i enjoy getting stuff signed... but id never pay extra for a signatur. its not really the scribbling itself but the memory of it that matters.

This is how I feel about my Bright Eyes - TPK "Hunt for the Key Promo" /50. It's signed and one of my favorite bands.....but it's not like a I met the 3 of them personally :/

Speaking of sigs decreasing the value, who was it that had the new Alk3 sign the old Sundials 7"? that was pretty funny

I've never been one to ask for an autograph. But something that meant a lot to was a note I got from Futher Seems Forever. I was active in the street team of FSF in 2001/02 and they sent everyone little cards just saying thanks and they all signed it. Had it on my wall for years. Meant the world to me that one of my favorite bands took the time to say thanks.

I work at a venue and definitely get my records/prints/CDs signed if I can. Don't really care about the value, because to me it's priceless. Makes me remember the time I got to meet, hang out, and work with that band/artist for a day.

Would never pay more for a signed record.