PO: New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones LP Reissue

jhulud

I bought a Blue copy of this, unexpectedly scalped a ticket and ended up going to see them live, picked up a tour copy, and sold my Blue on ebay the day it came in the mail.

So the kid got it and messages me this:
"I listened to the album and side one plays fine. However, side two seems to be defective. During playback, the needle moves back and forth (left to right). This causes the pitch of the music to shift during playback and also seems to slightly distort the record in certain spots. My guess is that the record was mis-pressed or the grooves are not centered on this side. I was wondering if I could return this item for a refund."

My tour copy plays totally fine. I told him to give the record a good cleaning, and contact the label if he's unhappy with the way the record was pressed (it was brand new when he bought it off me). He's not having that. Any suggestions on what to say to him? -Kyle

Hey,
Thanks for reaching out but unfortunately there's really nothing I can do for you about that. The record was unplayed, only even opened to tell which color. My guess is it may be your needle, but it's hard to tell with out seeing your set up. If you're really concerned about it, I'd try contacting the label and seeing if it was missed pressed. Sorry. Let me know. -Kyle

It's definitely not my needle. All of my other records play with no problem, so it seems highly unlikely that my needle would be causing playback issues for only this record. I also noticed on the listing for this item and your page it says "14 days money back" for refunds. So, does that not apply for this item? Seems quite misleading to have that on your page and then refuse to accept a refund for a defective item.

Any suggestions? I'm about ready to tell him to go freak himself. But I know paypal will just refund him the money and I'll get negative feedback. I fucking hate dweebs.

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out but unfortunately there's really nothing I can do for you about that. The record was unplayed, only even opened to tell which color. My guess is it may be your needle, but it's hard to tell with out seeing your set up. If you're really concerned about it, I'd try contacting the label and seeing if it was missed pressed. Sorry. Let me know. -Kyle

It's definitely not my needle. All of my other records play with no problem, so it seems highly unlikely that my needle would be causing playback issues for only this record. I also noticed on the listing for this item and your page it says "14 days money back" for refunds. So, does that not apply for this item? Seems quite misleading to have that on your page and then refuse to accept a refund for a defective item.

Any suggestions? I'm about ready to tell him to go freak himself. But I know paypal will just refund him the money and I'll get negative feedback. You wouldn't buy a game from a store, play it, and then try returning it because you don't like the way it plays?! Right? Suggestions haha. -Kyle

there was a huge thread debating a similar situation that i think scott was in. scott told him to contact the label, dude was like fuck you & opened a paypal claim. the ebay gods refunded the guy but fronted the bill. scott didn't lose his money from the sale.

but, your customer is right. if your listing said 14 day refund you gotta let him return that shit. postage is at his own cost. keep what he originally paid for postage. get record, sell it again.

could easily be buyer's remorse. if he spent a bunch of money on it and now regrets it he could just be a dick and wants his money back. a good tell would be to see when he first contacted you about it. did he contact you day 13 of your 14 days money back that was in your listing?

from personal experience you're best off just giving in to him. dealing with idiots and/or dicks like him you won't win. at this point just cut your losses. have him return it, have him pay return shipping and once it arrives refund him. and in the future say in your listing everything sold as is, no returns.