IVWT is closing

andi

the time that shop existed was probably the worst time for me financially to be buying records, and for that i was only able to make one purchase. its a total bummer, because i really would have loved to give them far more of my business.

prices were exceptional, they were clearly there for the benefit of the customer/community; just an all-around awesome business model. well, except for the part where theyre closing.

Sounds like he is focusing on being a label:

"All,

It is with great sadness that I will be closing In Vinyl We Trust as of this Sunday night at midnight. I wanted to thank all of the awesome customers we have had over the last year and a half, you made this project a lot of fun for me and I will certainly miss doing it. I hope that if nothing else, I provided a lot of you with the music you love in a timely manner and for a great price. The current 20% off sale will be extended until Sunday at midnight as well. After that, IVWT will only exist as a label so now is your last chance to grab anything you might have been holding off on. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions, pending orders, etc. Thank you all again!

- Brian"

Very sad to hear this.

I would like to thank IVWT for everything from the great prices, to the great sales and to the light speed shipping and fantastic customer service. There's very few distros (and labels) that run such a tight ship and provide such fine service and prices.

I'm still not over VinylJunkie closing up shop so this addition is a real bummer.

All the best to Brian and anyone else that helped out at IVWT.

RIP IVWT.

Randomly placed a couple orders this month getting the last of what I wanted from them. Such a great distro all around, had both orders in like 3 days with the lowest prices around and some records that no one else had left in stock. Someone's got some big shoes to fill, that's for sure.

Running a distro is hard work folks. I hope for the owner's sake he didn't lose a bunch of money and is able to build up his label as quickly as he did his distro, which was quite impressive. I always wondered how IVWT was able to offer records so cheap and still be able to turn a profit. My shop is small potatoes compared to IVWT and Vinyl Junkie but it definitely scares me knowing reputible shops like these are closing out of nowhere. Keep supporting small distro's and local record shops folks or all we'll have left is amazon and ebay.

Didn't want to see this distro go but 2 (speculative) comments come to mind:

1) Maybe his records were priced at a level so low it was unsustainable. Maybe it isn't that the other distros are bad. They charge the "fair" price and IVWT didn't charge enough.

2) Didn't like the store layout. With No Idea it all opens in one page, and I just skim from top to bottom grabbing anything that makes me think "I forgot to grab that. Click.". Don't need a picture of the album. Even when you set IVWT to display 100 per page, took a while to get through everything. And it seemed like there were too many bands I had never heard of. Maybe it was a lot of hardcore stuff?

To summarize, easy to find a specific record. Not conducive to "window shopping", which is usually what I am doing at a distro.

what i found really annoying yesterday when i was browsing: when using the search bar, id type in a letter... if i had any previous searches for a band with that letter previously, it would immediately highlight that band. if i kept typing, it would disregard the first letter. so after previously searching for male bonding, minus the bear ended up searching inus the bear. what the shit is that??

what i found really annoying yesterday when i was browsing: when using the search bar, id type in a letter... if i had any previous searches for a band with that letter previously, it would immediately highlight that band. if i kept typing, it would disregard the first letter. so after previously searching for male bonding, minus the bear ended up searching inus the bear. what the shit is that??

I think that has more to do with your browser and how it does autofill in forms. I'm using Firefox 14, and it does that to me in a drop down box. I never had that problem with IVWT. I did have a little bit of trouble finding stuff with the search because it would also return finds from the description and end up showing hundreds of records instead of the couple that I was looking for