Finch - What It Is To Burn 2xLP Hot Topic exclusives

travis

Seriously though, chill out already. Like you don't have any records that sit on your shelf, Mr 3,000 Posts on a vinyl collecting forum.

Are you for real?

I have ~2,500 posts in this community because I've been a part of it for over four years.  Who the tits are you to stroll in here like one of the countless new-jacks to falsely predict my vinyl purchases?  Are you dense, or just an idiot?

To be honest with you, a lot of my records "sit on [my] shelf".  The majority do.  In fact, I'd say that if it's not on my turntable or in an Itso cube, it's probably organized nicely into my Expedit.  Do you have even an inkling of why I choose to organize them when I store them?  It's for convenient access.  A wild concept, no doubt, but let's face it: I listen to and enjoy my records.  Being able to quickly grab them (off the shelf) and play them as their intended purpose is my thing.  But I guess having five additional copies of the same exact press and variant - "just because" - is also cool.

You are correct.  It is America, and it is a free country.  Spend what you'd like on which records you'd like.  And do what you want with them.  I don't have a problem with that.  Obviously I'm going to raise my brow if you choose to frame the jacket, use the vinyl as a coaster, and beat off into the sleeve.  But hey; that's your call.  That's your right as a "collector", I guess.  But in a few weeks, an average record collector [who doesn't have a ridiculous, Godly post count of 2,500 on VC] will miss out on this album.  And amidst the slew of copies being flipped on eBay, there will be a handful of copies gathering dust on the shelf of some twat who feels he's entitled to accumulate duplicates just to have.  And that's wrong.  Don't play the well... you snooze, you lose... card here.  Fans of the band (who will be listening to the vinyl) will miss out on this because they have a life, and can't afford to hound VC for the latest repress information.  I'd say they're far more entitled to a single copy of the album, than you are to five.  Hoarding copies doesn't make you a collector with the freedom to buy what you'd like.  It makes you an ignorant asshole.

Guest johneedeformed

And trust me.  Whether you have 100 posts or 10,000 posts; users like yourself are entitled to fuck off all the same.

Such a happy friendly guy! :D

Only with the community's members who aren't ass-clowns.  Which is the majority, thankfully.  I have no patience for ignorant, clueless newbies like yourself.  I'm all for new friends and faces on VC... but you strike me as board cancer.  You are more than welcome to prove me wrong, but at this point my breath won't be bated.

Guest johneedeformed

Are you for real?

I have ~2,500 posts in this community because I've been a part of it for over four years.  Who the tits are you to stroll in here like one of the countless new-jacks to falsely predict my vinyl purchases?  Are you dense, or just an idiot?

To be honest with you, a lot of my records "sit on [my] shelf".  The majority do.  In fact, I'd say that if it's not on my turntable or in an Itso cube, it's probably organized nicely into my Expedit.  Do you have even an inkling of why I choose to organize them when I store them?  It's for convenient access.  A wild concept, no doubt, but let's face it: I listen to and enjoy my records.  Being able to quickly grab them (off the shelf) and play them as their intended purpose is my thing.  But I guess having five additional copies of the same exact press and variant - "just because" - is also cool.

You are correct.  It is America, and it is a free country.  Spend what you'd like on which records you'd like.  And do what you want with them.  I don't have a problem with that.  Obviously I'm going to raise my brow if you choose to frame the jacket, use the vinyl as a coaster, and beat off into the sleeve.  But hey; that's your call.  That's your right as a "collector", I guess.  But in a few weeks, an average record collector [who doesn't have a ridiculous, Godly post count of 2,500 on VC] will miss out on this album.  And amidst the slew of copies being flipped on eBay, there will be a handful of copies gathering dust on the shelf of some twat who feels he's entitled to accumulate duplicates just to have.  And that's wrong.  Don't play the well... you snooze, you lose... card here.  Fans of the band (who will be listening to the vinyl) will miss out on this because they have a life, and can't afford to hound VC for the latest repress information.  I'd say they're far more entitled to a single copy of the album, than you are to five.  Hoarding copies doesn't make you a collector with the freedom to buy what you'd like.  It makes you an ignorant asshole.

First off, not sure what your problem is with me or why you feel more entitled to your record collection for any reason, regardless of your tenure or post count. Also not sure why you automatically assume that just because a person says they don't mind buying ONE COPY of album to collect even if they don't plan on listening to them more than once that this would label a person a "hoarder." Why do you assume that they're automatically hoarding 20+ copies of single items? 

Yes, I DO have an inkling why you would sort them, because I DO THE SAME! Again with assumptions... you know NOTHING about me other than a handful of posts and yet you are somehow already convinced that I am a clueless newb? I'm sure your little expedit would look very cute next to my two...

5 different pressings of a variant CAN be cool and for a small handful of bands who I am a die hard fan of, I might actually bother collecting all those variants. Most often I buy the one I prefer most and save the rest of that money for different records. You know, like any typical collector might do... ERMAGHERD! What a novel concept?!?!?! 

About your comment regarding hounding VC for latest repress info, it's old timey veterans like you that make it possible. Thanks! I actually did just fine for those "four years" without it. Because part of what makes collecting vinyl fun for me is the thrill of the hunt...

As much as I enjoy Vinyl Collective for providing a community to communicate with, I am sometimes disappointed when I snag an early vinyl PO because I AM A FAN OF THE BAND AND FOLLOW THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA, and afterwards I log on here and find that one person has announced this to anyone flipper who chooses to lurk these forums... Sometimes those people are sharing/posting discount codes that were not earned, which causes those discounts to get abused and therefore ended...

Not sure where the elitism comes from, buddy, but you need to settle down and stop making assumptions about others and calling them names...

First off, not sure what your problem is with me or why you feel more entitled to your record collection for any reason, regardless of your tenure or post count. Also not sure why you automatically assume that just because a person says they don't mind buying ONE COPY of album to collect even if they don't plan on listening to them more than once that this would label a person a "hoarder." Why do you assume that they're automatically hoarding 20+ copies of single items? 

Yes, I DO have an inkling why you would sort them, because I DO THE SAME! Again with assumptions... you know NOTHING about me other than a handful of posts and yet you are somehow already convinced that I am a clueless newb? I'm sure your little expedit would look very cute next to my two...

5 different pressings of a variant CAN be cool and for a small handful of bands who I am a die hard fan of, I might actually bother collecting all those variants. Most often I buy the one I prefer most and save the rest of that money for different records. You know, like any typical collector might do... ERMAGHERD! What a novel concept?!?!?! 

About your comment regarding hounding VC for latest repress info, it's old timey veterans like you that make it possible. Thanks! I actually did just fine for those "four years" without it. Because part of what makes collecting vinyl fun for me is the thrill of the hunt...

As much as I enjoy Vinyl Collective for providing a community to communicate with, I am sometimes disappointed when I snag an early vinyl PO because I AM A FAN OF THE BAND AND FOLLOW THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA, and afterwards I log on here and find that one person has announced this to anyone flipper who chooses to lurk these forums... Sometimes those people are sharing/posting discount codes that were not earned, which causes those discounts to get abused and therefore ended...

Not sure where the elitism comes from, buddy, but you need to settle down and stop making assumptions about others and calling them names...

Okay, we get it. Will you shut up now? This is stupid and pointless.

Guest johneedeformed

Only with the community's members who aren't ass-clowns.  Which is the majority, thankfully.  I have no patience for ignorant, clueless newbies like yourself.  I'm all for new friends and faces on VC... but you strike me as board cancer.  You are more than welcome to prove me wrong, but at this point my breath won't be bated.

Again with the elitist bullying.Sorry bud, but I won't get dragged into it. I really have nothing to "prove" to you. If you can pull up a past quote of anything I said that would justify your accusations of "hoarding" multiple copes of the same variant then I would really like to see it.

Guest johneedeformed

Okay, we get it. Will you shut up now? This is stupid and pointless.

Sorry that I don't have 1,000+ posts but it will get there eventually at the rate everyone keeps whining. This board could do without all the assumptions and bullying.

5 different pressings of a variant CAN be cool and for a small handful of bands who I am a die hard fan of, I might actually bother collecting all those variants. Most often I buy the one I prefer most and save the rest of that money for different records. You know, like any typical collector might do... ERMAGHERD! What a novel concept?!?!?!

you're fighting a losing battle here buddy.

@ Johneedeformed: unless I've misread, a few pages back you claimed that you'd be buying multiple copies of this release.  [And then proceeded to defend the idea of your purchase, claiming that it's your right as a collector.]  I don't agree with either notion, personally.  I have a handful of variants for a few artists and albums myself, but what I do not have are duplicates of the same exact variant.  Are you with me so far?  If you owned a copy of each What It Is To Burn variant leading up to this press - and then purchased one [1] copy of this latest Hot Topic press - and future presses from here on out... then, yeah; you're clearly passionate about keeping a WIITB.  And there's nothing wrong with that in the slightest.  I wanted to clarify that I have no issue with that.  I draw the line at grabbing multiple copies of one release / variant, and intentionally keeping them in their shrink-wrap for safekeep.  That doesn't make anyone a "fan of the band" -- it is outright hoarding.

I make assumptions based off your attitude.  Just because I have more posts than you, it doesn't make me an elitist.  I just have zero tolerance for anyone who "clears out" a Hot Topic for the sake of making a quick buck (Lazy Lab) or [possibly worse yet?] holding onto a handful of copies for the sake of it.  If a "VC Legend" admitted to doing so, I'd probably call them out on it as well.  I have no bias towards hoarders or flippers: they all suck equally, in my books.

Guest johneedeformed

@ Johneedeformed: unless I've misread, a few pages back you claimed that you'd be buying multiple copies of this release.  [And then proceeded to defend the idea of your purchase, claiming that it's your right as a collector.]  I don't agree with either notion, personally.  I have a handful of variants for a few artists and albums myself, but what I do not have are duplicates of the same exact variant.  With me so far?  If you owned a copy of each What It Is To Burn variant leading up to this press - and then purchased one [1] copy of this latest Hot Topic press - and future presses from here on out... then, yeah; you're clearly passionate about keeping a WIITB.  And there's nothing wrong with that in the slightest.  I wanted to clarify that I have no issue with that.  I draw the line at grabbing multiple copies of one release / variant, and intentionally keeping them in their shrink-wrap for safekeep.  That doesn't make anyone a "fan of the band" -- it is outright hoarding.

I make assumptions based off your attitude.  Just because I have more posts than you, it doesn't make me an elitist.  I just have zero tolerance for anyone who "clears out" a Hot Topic for the sake of making a quick buck (Lazy Lab) or [possibly worse yet?] holding onto a handful of copies for the sake of it.  If a "VC Legend" admitted to doing so, I'd probably call them out on it as well.  I have no bias towards hoarders or flippers: they all suck equally, in my books.

Again, not sure why you made that assumption but you know what the say when you assume... If you can find where I said I was buying more than one copy of a variant then I would like to see it...  I think you may have lumped my post together with someone else's... or made some other mishap, because I am NOT that big of a Finch fan...