Deerhunter was supposed to play here tonight, but the power went out in the neighborhood of the venue for a couple hours. Power was back on by the time the doors were supposed to open but the band left for Denver.

This sucks. I've been looking forward to this show for months.

Deerhunter was supposed to play here tonight, but the power went out in the neighborhood of the venue for a couple hours. Power was back on by the time the doors were supposed to open but the band left for Denver.

This sucks. I've been looking forward to this show for months.

I saw them two nights ago. It was good but fuck was it a pretty unorganized show. It's part of a festival so it was a bitch to get in, even with tickets.

Why the fuck would the band leave town because the power was out? Seems like some mega primadonna shit. People paid to see them play and it was good to go by show time, no reason to bolt.

I'm enraged for you.

Doesn't make sense to me either. Here's the response from the venue to someone who asked why the show couldn't be "uncanceled".

..Unfortunately it's not as easy as "un-canceling". The band had not sound checked or had a chance to properly set up. The cut off time to make the show happen was more like 6:30, and the power only came on around 8. We also wish the show could have happened.

I don't understand why they couldn't either cut the opening band or push the time back a little. It was almost sold out too. Doors were supposed to open at 8 and the power was back on by 8.

Doesn't make sense to me either. Here's the response from the venue to someone who asked why the show couldn't be "uncanceled".

..Unfortunately it's not as easy as "un-canceling". The band had not sound checked or had a chance to properly set up. The cut off time to make the show happen was more like 6:30, and the power only came on around 8. We also wish the show could have happened.

I don't understand why they couldn't either cut the opening band or push the time back a little. It was almost sold out too. Doors were supposed to open at 8 and the power was back on by 8.

It's just the difference from a band who actually cares about its fans, maybe they would have stuck around and played some acoustic songs or at least talked to the crowd, signed merch, etc... and a band that is just going through the touring motions and are just like, "welp, on to the next one!" Definitely some primadonna shit. Glad I don't listen to/support them, aside from just plain not liking their music.

When you talk to webstore customer support, is it polite or annoying to send a "thank you" reply after they resolve your issue?

For example, I just canceled a soundstage direct order by emailing them asking for a cancellation. I got a reply saying that my order was canceled and I was issued a refund. Now, obviously I replied thanking them for the great service, as it was quick and painless. But whenever I send a reply just to say thanks I feel like it's more of a burden for the store, because it's unnecessarily clogging up their inbox. Of course it's completely different when talking to a small store/business, because, well, they aren't digging through thousands of emails daily. But with giant retailer chains, before sending I always stop to think if it would be more polite to let them focus on actual important emails without having to read through "thank you very much" one-liners for no real reason.

It's just the difference from a band who actually cares about its fans, maybe they would have stuck around and played some acoustic songs or at least talked to the crowd, signed merch, etc... and a band that is just going through the touring motions and are just like, "welp, on to the next one!" Definitely some primadonna shit. Glad I don't listen to/support them, aside from just plain not liking their music.

I went to the record store today and felt a little better about it after talking to one of the employees there. He was working last night and Deerhunter came in after their show was cancelled. He said that Bradford was genuinely disappointed that the show couldn't happen. He said he prefers playing smaller shows like this rather than Coachella or FYF. Maybe it wasn't just a primadonna thing. I don't know all the stuff that happened.

Bradford Cox is one weird guy.

I always thought of him as a really, really cool guy! Seeing the Pitchfork Daytripping video with him, the Q&A he made with his fans or reading about his Atlas Sound gig in Lisbon where he told the organisers to lower the prices, so more people could attend his show. He seemed to be a nice, funny and humble guy.

In 2011 I saw Deerhunter and the show was great. The band was awesome and everything was as I had expected. There was only one letdown for me: Bradford's  whole appearance.

I don't know if it was just this evening but he acted like a big douchey Rockstar through out the whole show...annoying and disappointing.

Still have to listen to Monomania...  

Damn, one of my oldest friends died at some point over the weekend. Details are blurry. We aren't close anymore, but it's still super sad and I feel like a zombie thinking about the fact that it happened.

I've had a few friends pass that I used to be really close to but not so much anymore recently. It still is a bummer and sad. I hope your alright and feel better soon!

I am so sorry to hear that. Losing friends is rough.  :unsure:

sorry to hear this.

Boooooo! That's shitty, my condolences.

Thanks, you guys.  I didn't mean to bring down the good vibes that go on in this thread, I just didn't know what else to do.  I feel cheesy posting things like that on facebook, you know?

Feel free to carry on in here, though.  I always feel awkward trying to post about something else after someone posts something like that so please don't feel that way in this case, haha.

I've had a few friends pass that I used to be really close to but not so much anymore recently. It still is a bummer and sad. I hope your alright and feel better soon!

Thanks.  I've always thought about how the classes that graduated before and after me seemed to have this kind of stuff happen where they lose one of their own way too soon, but we (as in my graduating class) always managed to dodge that curse.  We are no longer so lucky, but I guess on the bright side, the other 219 of us are still here.  That's more than most can say about the kids they grew up with.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic