So I tried doing a quick forum search and couldn't find anything. I'm moving a couple states away and I was wondering if anyone recommends a box or what size box to move my LPs.

I remember at some point years ago I had seen it something on here about it.

The small boxes at the Uhaul store are perfect for records.

Anyone have ideas of where to check for some metal records I'm after? Is there some marketplace I'm missing? I've checked FeeBay, Discogs, Amazon, and local shops and have been watching for months. They either aren't for sale, there's only one copy at 2x the average going price, or international shipping costs almost as much as the item. Driving me nuts, anyone have some suggestions?

Don't know where else to write this but I just wanna get this off my chest...

Today I accidentally ran over what I thought was regular roadkill (raccoon, squirrel) on my way home. Didn't think anything of it. Came home to find out my favorite dog got out this morning, parents went looking for her and confirmed that was her dead on the street. I ran over my lovely Lucy and I just don't know how to feel... Don't mean to bum anyone out but I just needed to share...

Today I accidentally ran over what I thought was regular roadkill (raccoon, squirrel) on my way home. Didn't think anything of it. Came home to find out my favorite dog got out this morning, parents went looking for her and confirmed that was her dead on the street. I ran over my lovely Lucy and I just don't know how to feel... Don't mean to bum anyone out but I just needed to share...

Not sure if it's any consolation, but if you mistook it for roadkill, I'd assume you weren't the one to actually kill her, or if you were, you put her out of her suffering.

Fuck dude, you have my sincerist condolonces. That's heartbreaking and horrible. I'd probably never stop crying, but I wouldn't recommend that course of action.

Shit happens. The universe is a fucked and terrible place. It doesn't seem like it was your fault, there's only so much you can do when an animal runs in front of your car.

Whoa. That's some horrible shit, dude. I'm sorry to hear it :(

God damn. RIP Lucy.   :(

I'm so sorry, man. 

Anyone have ideas of where to check for some metal records I'm after? Is there some marketplace I'm missing? I've checked FeeBay, Discogs, Amazon, and local shops and have been watching for months. They either aren't for sale, there's only one copy at 2x the average going price, or international shipping costs almost as much as the item. Driving me nuts, anyone have some suggestions?

What're you looking for specifically?  I'd recommend adding it to your discogs want list, setting up the daily email and being patience.  Someone sensible will probably post one for close to the average price, just a matter of waiting.

I'd go with what Jon said. I've ended up ordering some stuff from Japan because the price was low enough to offset shipping price and leave it reasonable. Keep at it!

What're you looking for specifically?  I'd recommend adding it to your discogs want list, setting up the daily email and being patience.  Someone sensible will probably post one for close to the average price, just a matter of waiting.

Some Death stuff is the biggest want, Gorgoroth, Testament, some nice OG Iron Maiden stuff, etc

Also, let's talk about October being awesome for a minute. I get to go to the dentist AND the doctor which I'm actually excited about. Soooo many records are supposed to come out, I'm getting tattooed, and Halloween! OCTOBER!

I can't think of a tattoo I'd want now that I'd want when I'm 80. Plus I'm a pussy and hate needles. I hate the doctor and dentist too. Last time I got a filling I was like 10 and they didn't deaden me all the way and I was high off my ass on gas and hallucinating shit while screaming in pain as they fuck around with my tooth trying to give me a root canal. Finally gave me more numbing med near the end, but seriously some nightmare fuel

Also, let's talk about October being awesome for a minute. I get to go to the dentist AND the doctor which I'm actually excited about. Soooo many records are supposed to come out, I'm getting tattooed, and Halloween! OCTOBER!

Bladie gets to see a dentist tomorrow. Also, tattoo on the 25th, plus I turn 21 on that day. We are linked.

You'll definitely have fun.

I enjoyed Turnover so much. They didn't really move around a whole lot or were super engaging

but they don't need to be 'cause those jams.

I certainly hope so. Did you see them on this current tour, any idea where they play in the line-up?

I have to make up 3 hours for taking a half day tomorrow, but I can't decide if I want to come in early/stay late an hour every day or come in for 3 hours on Saturday.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic