I've spent a few weeks in Austin.  There's some cool stuff on the East side (and rainy street is rad).  Waterloo sucks, End of an Ear is great.  My brother lives south of the river, so we spent some time on Congress and it seemed like a cool area too.  PM me if you want some specifics.

I've spent a few weeks in Austin. There's some cool stuff on the East side (and rainy street is rad). Waterloo sucks, End of an Ear is great. My brother lives south of the river, so we spent some time on Congress and it seemed like a cool area too. PM me if you want some specifics.

I remember you recommending End of an Ear and it was aaaaaamazing.

For those of you that might be near L.A.

http://www.factmag.com/2015/08/05/an-la-record-store-is-giving-away-thousands-of-records-this-weekend/

Record Parlour in Hollywood, this weekend.  Spend $20, take up to 100 records home.  For Free.  

They are giving away 5,000

There is a craft beer and grub place near my house that I frequent often that is looking to increase their staff for (beer)servers, line cooks, and dishwasher. I have zero experience in any of these. Messaged the owner and he replied that nothing tricky to be a dishwasher and should give it a shot anyways. I'm considering it for like a part-time gig on Friday nights and weekends. Extra incomes I guess...minimal...but it'd be something...and I am not above washing dishes and being a lackey. Work is work no matter what.

Thoughts?

For those of you that might be near L.A.

http://www.factmag.com/2015/08/05/an-la-record-store-is-giving-away-thousands-of-records-this-weekend/

Record Parlour in Hollywood, this weekend.  Spend $20, take up to 100 records home.  For Free.  

They are giving away 5,000

Nick Alt has been seen around there.

There is a craft beer and grub place near my house that I frequent often that is looking to increase their staff for (beer)servers, line cooks, and dishwasher. I have zero experience in any of these. Messaged the owner and he replied that nothing tricky to be a dishwasher and should give it a shot anyways. I'm considering it for like a part-time gig on Friday nights and weekends. Extra incomes I guess...minimal...but it'd be something...and I am not above washing dishes and being a lackey. Work is work no matter what.

Thoughts?

Craft beer easy work extra money?

Sounds terrible.

Do it.

Thoughts?

I spent plenty of time working in restaurants and have washed some dishes in my day.  It was never my regular gig, but I'd fill in doing it.  It's easy and pretty mindless, headphones help a lot.  Worst case scenario is that if you don't like it, you say it isn't for you and give your notice.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic