I'm debating grabbing a RPi, one of the optical out adds on to make a new media streamer. I'm sick of using iTunes, and being limited to 16/44.1 streaming with the AirPort Express. I don't have a NAS to store my music, so it'd all have to be done off my laptop, but I think it'd be cooler to be able to stream hi res files. Too bad I only bought an optical DAC instead of one with multiple input types.

Edit:Which Caspian album should I start with Matt/other Caspian lovers?

Tertia.

I got roped into being in a Fantasy Football league with some guys from work. I've got no clue about football. We're doing the draft now and I'm just picking random players.

Go sports!

I like to establish early on in any new work environment that I have no interest in sports and do not want to talk about them ever.

I'm also a dick tho

first day of college tomorrow, someone give me advice to lower anxiety

Don't worry, the first day is almost always just going over the syllabus, mayyybe 10 or 15 minutes of lecture if the professor is an asshole. Just figure out where your classes are located on campus, make sure you have everything you think you'll need before you leave, give yourself enough time to get there and get settled before class starts, maybe get a drink or a snack or something, and you're set.

I assume that most colleges have something like a drop-add week for students to get their schedule set for the rest of the term, so it's perfectly normal to show up a bit late, not have all of the required materials yet, drop a class you might not be into, pick up a fun elective, etc.

Also, don't be afraid to introduce yourself to people. I honestly think one of the things I heard at least once a week for four and a half years was "nice to meet you." Hell, I still hear it because I work across the street from my school's entrance. Good friendships and better connections can be made if you just say hi.

Also also, never underestimate the power of tutors (even if you have to pay them) and study groups. They saved my ass on a good number of occasions.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic