did anyone else wait a long time to watch the wire...i cant get enough.

David Simon's work is all around very good.  Treme is a very different show from The Wire, but it has such a similar feel.  He does seem to be cursed with people realizing how good his shows are after they've gone off there air though.  Show Me A Hero is very good as well.  Never thought a mini-series about a housing crisis would be exciting!

The tl;dr is watch every show David Simon has done :)

David Simon's work is all around very good.  Treme is a very different show from The Wire, but it has such a similar feel.  He does seem to be cursed with people realizing how good his shows are after they've gone off there air though.  Show Me A Hero is very good as well.  Never thought a mini-series about a housing crisis would be exciting!

The tl;dr is watch every show David Simon has done :)

ill have to check these out, only heard of a few but don't know anything about them. 

its just great because every season is newvbut the previous seasons are still trickling through, great attention to detail. also there are some pretty heavy scenes in this. i feel like they could have done more than 5 seasons (just about to finish season 4) 

ill have to check these out, only heard of a few but don't know anything about them. 

its just great because every season is newvbut the previous seasons are still trickling through, great attention to detail. also there are some pretty heavy scenes in this. i feel like they could have done more than 5 seasons (just about to finish season 4) 

Yeah, how The Wire shifted focus between parts of Baltimore was so unique and well done.  I still don't think I've seen another show that did that.  Treme works a little more traditionally.  He has a new HBO show coming up that's suppose to focus on 1970s New York City.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Good day, pals.

I'm beeeeeeat.

Took out all the carpet from the living room and bedrooms today. All the walls in those rooms are painted now. Installed the new dual flush toilet...its dreamy.

The wood floors...are so much better than expected. They're beautiful. Tomorrow wifey and her friend are working on the rest of the bathroom and painting the kitchen!

I also had eggs Benedict for the first time today. Damn tasty.

Good day, pals.

I'm beeeeeeat.

Took out all the carpet from the living room and bedrooms today. All the walls in those rooms are painted now. Installed the new dual flush toilet...its dreamy.

The wood floors...are so much better than expected. They're beautiful. Tomorrow wifey and her friend are working on the rest of the bathroom and painting the kitchen!

Eggs Benedict are incredible. I haven't had them in a long time.

Good day, pals.

I'm beeeeeeat.

Those hardwood floors in your IG photos are gorgeous. Why the hell would someone cover them up? You lucked out, since it does not look like they need sanded or restained.

Eggs Benedict are incredible. I haven't had them in a long time.

So gooooood.

Those hardwood floors in your IG photos are gorgeous. Why the hell would someone cover them up? You lucked out, since it does not look like they need sanded or restained.

They're terrific. A couple spots need a little work, but nothing crazy!

Yeah, how The Wire shifted focus between parts of Baltimore was so unique and well done.  I still don't think I've seen another show that did that.  Treme works a little more traditionally.  He has a new HBO show coming up that's suppose to focus on 1970s New York City.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Yeah just read a little blurb on it - The Deuce. Sounds interesting. I'm also very excited to start hbo's new series Vinyl. Waiting to finish the wire haha. 

have you seen the knick? hbo had the knick season 1 streaming in celebrating the release of season 2. I never watched that much tv in one day before. wicked excited to catch season 2 when i can.

I did too and then binged it in three months

haha so good! almost done season 4, probably will be pushing close to 2 months when i finish 

They're terrific. A couple spots need a little work, but nothing crazy!

That's good. Hardwood floors are the best., though I do sorta like carpet in bedrooms.

I am not going to be surprised if I lose power tonight. It is insanely windy out right now. The streets are littered with branches. Some crazy cold from is blowing in, and it's raining quite hard, and it's supposed to turn to snow tomorrow. Fun after a 65F day.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic