I stated the opinion that I think labels like that are fronts to push Christian beliefs on gullible lost kids looking to hear music my that they think they can relate too. The anger came out after that.

I was firmly entrenched in that whole scene for a while. T&N wasn't as bad as most, but you're not wrong in any way. There's a few of the bands that were on that label that I will always love dearly, but as someone who was a fully invested Cornerstone Christian for a long time, I can confirm that you're 100% right.

The Grid Music Initiative in NYC

Chris Carrabba curates a ONE NIGHT ONLY emo super group featuring Chris (Dashboard Confessional), Chris Conley (Saves The Day), Mike Kinsella (Cap'n Jazz, American Football), Jim Suptic (Get Up Kids), Ben Homola (Brand New, Bad Books), and Rob Pope (Spoon).  The guys will perform each others songs and The Promise Ring will close the show with a full (and rare) set!

Yes, please.

Installed new base boards, and finished the hardwood landing today. Also installed new blinds and shower heads. Inside is almost done. Then a bit of landscaping to do since there is an outdoor patio with lights, and grilling area. Charlie, this dude left a charcoal grill, gas grill, smoker, and has a built in back there with a sink and kitchen. It's awesome. Just wire up some speakers and you're in business.

Installed new base boards, and finished the hardwood landing today. Also installed new blinds and shower heads. Inside is almost done. Then a bit of landscaping to do since there is an outdoor patio with lights, and grilling area. Charlie, this dude left a charcoal grill, gas grill, smoker, and has a built in back there with a sink and kitchen. It's awesome. Just wire up some speakers and you're in business.

I wish our guy had left all that good stuff!

that is a dream. I have a patio now below the deck so I'm going to be smoking like crazy. I bet the neighbors complain but \m/. grilling season is here. next Caspian record: Grilling Season.

Lyrics are better on Humblest Pleasures, but I love the instrumentals on Change Irreversible. I love subtle, yet large evolution in sound too, very The Cure like. I can't wait to hear more. 

My dischord order came today, that was fast. Spinning Fugazi, just got back from town to see a friend and picked up my IIOI/TWIABP ticket since there were no fees today $15 not bad, it's a really small capacity club so it will most likely sell out. They told me they have nothing on file for the SDF show I fear it may be cancelled

Got a pair of Definitive 55-SMs. They clarity on these guys are amazing. They are really diverse so they'll handle the delicate stuff like ambient, and horn based post-rock, all the way to progressive death metal, and everything in between. The Klipsch were more rock based and lacked on blues and the softer spectrum. Since I listed to stuff all over the spectrum I went for these. They go for $300 a piece ($600 for the pair), but I got them for $400 for the pair - killer deal. I'm really happy right now.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_735SM55/Definitive-Technology-StudioMonitor-55.html?tp=186&awkw=75639144985&awat=pla&awnw=g&awcr=47618659225&awdv=c

mZs3fgY.jpg

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic