Dude, with the fee it was $36 for me. Gotta pay for those amazing light rigs. That's why I was pretty bummed they only played for an hour. But it's worth it. They're one of the few bands I'll pay that price for. Fuck it, just do it. It's BTBAM.

I saw them when Deafheaven was opening for them...I'm not even that big a BTBAM fan, and even I'd say the $25 for a ticket is worth it for the show they put on.

Moving in already? Damn, the house must not have need all that much work outside the painting. I worked on my house for over a month before I moved in, and still did work for a month or two after I moved in. That was the attic to bedroom transformation though, so it was just when I felt like it.

Yeah, we didn't have to do too much. New kitchen floor, new toilet, refinish tub, paint every wall and ceiling, tear up the carpet in 3 bedrooms, living room and hallway, new furnace install and gas line run from the main/run in the house. Still need to finish up a small portion of the kitchen floor (ran out of tile) and paint the bathroom.

I have these two very close friends I hang out and smoke with all the time, one of which I've had a huge crush on (he's a dude, I'm a dude) for a while. This guy always leads me on with very subtle and sketchy hints that he's interested, but he's supposedly straight so I never tried anything. The friday before last we all took some hydros together along with his roommates, and by midnight or so everyone else had passed out. He started fooling around with me (he started everything) and then we just sat there holding hands till the morning when everyone woke up :unsure:. I thought he might have a crush on me, so I made him a mixtape and wrote him a letter (cheesy but we bond over music all the time), and ever since he's been dodging and avoiding me. This is confirmed by another friend who says he told him doesn't want to hang out with me anymore. I've tried calling and texting him since, but he just lets the phone ring or doesn't reply. Idk what to do since he is/was one of my best friends, and ever since then my other friends hang out with him but avoid me for the most part. I've hung out with them maybe twice since then when we used to chill together all day daily when not in class or work. What am I supposed to do now? I'm about to go get some food from the restaurant he works at, but don't want him to freak out or something on me. Could he just be deeply closeted and scared? Maybe he doesn't remember much because of the hydros (we each took about 30mg)?

tl;dr highschool level drama between 22 year olds. I know I haven't posted ITT in weeks but this is why.

As a result all I do is take sleeping pills and sleep now because I feel like total shit. Should I not go to the restaurant to get food? I haven't eaten in a few days and I'm craving it, but it's possible I just want to go there in hopes I'll run into him. This is all poorly worded but my thoughts are very jumbled and confused. I've honestly never crushed on someone this hard before either. My experience with guys has always solely been one night stands/hookups so I have no idea how to handle this. I feel like a child.

As a result all I do is take sleeping pills and sleep now because I feel like total shit. Should I not go to the restaurant to get food? I haven't eaten in a few days and I'm craving it, but it's possible I just want to go there in hopes I'll run into him. This is all poorly worded but my thoughts are very jumbled and confused. I've honestly never crushed on someone this hard before either. My experience with guys has always solely been one night stands/hookups so I have no idea how to handle this. I feel like a child.

Go get some food from there if you're truly craving it. If it's just to see him though, and you see him, it

might just make it more difficult. Don't feel like a child because you have feelings though,  it's you being

human.

yeezus i'm so sorry that your friends are doing this to you. :( my first immediate thought is that he's closeted and is confused about his sexuality. he probably thought all this time that he was in fact straight but has come to find out he has feelings for you and is scared. i'm not sure what your texts to him say, but you could try asking to meet up and talk about what happened because you know it can be a weird/scary thing not to know what is going on as far as sexuality is concerned. (i don't mean to put words in your mouth, but i'm just stating what i would personally do in your situation.)

you definitely need to eat food. i'm not sure its a good idea to go where he works to eat, but definitely eat something. i think its obvious your friend is fragile right now and i wouldnt want you to show up unannounced where it might make him hesitate to talk things over with you even more.

Go get some food from there if you're truly craving it. If it's just to see him though, and you see him, it

might just make it more difficult. Don't feel like a child because you have feelings though,  it's you being

human.

This is the only food I've been craving in a while, but like I said I could just be lying to myself deep down because I want to see him

yeezus i'm so sorry that your friends are doing this to you. :( my first immediate thought is that he's closeted and is confused about his sexuality. he probably thought all this time that he was in fact straight but has come to find out he has feelings for you and is scared. i'm not sure what your texts to him say, but you could try asking to meet up and talk about what happened because you know it can be a weird/scary thing not to know what is going on as far as sexuality is concerned. (i don't mean to put words in your mouth, but i'm just stating what i would personally do in your situation.)

you definitely need to eat food. i'm not sure its a good idea to go where he works to eat, but definitely eat something. i think its obvious your friend is fragile right now and i wouldnt want you to show up unannounced where it might make him hesitate to talk things over with you even more.

I have asked to meet up and talk several times, and he's ignored every request. He hasn't even said so much as hi to me since the incident. I'm scared of fucking things up further but it's killing me to see him.

I also confessed to him that I liked him through a text which I'm sure only messed things up further. He didn't even know I was gay previously for whatever reason. It's also important to say that he's from a small Texas town and was raised catholic, so he could very well be having an internal struggle.

This is pretty much everything I was going to say. Take care of yourself, dude. Get some food in you, maybe from a place other than where this guy works.

You're not responsible for his behaviour, though, try to keep that in mind. I can't imagine how much this sucks for you, but how he reacts isn't on you to take on your shoulders. Try really hard, if you can, not to make this into something you "did" - it sounds like you didn't do anything other than have feelings for another person, and that's not wrong.

Sorry you're having a shit time of things. I sincerely hope it gets better.

This is pretty much everything I was going to say. Take care of yourself, dude. Get some food in you, maybe from a place other than where this guy works.

You're not responsible for his behaviour, though, try to keep that in mind. I can't imagine how much this sucks for you, but how he reacts isn't on you to take on your shoulders. Try really hard, if you can, not to make this into something you "did" - it sounds like you didn't do anything other than have feelings for another person, and that's not wrong.

Sorry you're having a shit time of things. I sincerely hope it gets better.

This is what's killing me. I did nothing wrong and I never would've given him a gift if he hadn't initiated something first.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic