Using a fourm as an outlet for strong emotions is something I understand. Sometimes you can't talk to friends or family because of fear or 1000 other reasons. Reaching out to strangers are all some people have as a cry for help. I get it.

Maybe it's the younger generation that thinks that way, but it's completely stupid to me when it comes to something so serious. Ranting is one thing, but when it comes to suicide, a record forum isn't exactly an appropriate means of help. There are free professional hotlines for this stuff. County services has free therapy, too.

I'm not over here saying that depression isn't serious or anything, the exact opposite in fact. I just want him to go about getting help properly, if that's what he truly wants. I myself, like many, many other people, suffer from depression, but I know bitching about it online will do nothing, and comes off as attention seeking consider the outlet. So I moved home to be with the people who mean the most to me and am seeing a therapist to work on my mental health.

Maybe it's the younger generation that thinks that way, but it's completely stupid to me when it comes to something so serious. Ranting is one thing, but when it comes to suicide, a record forum isn't exactly an appropriate means of help. There are free professional hotlines for this stuff. County services has free therapy, too.

I'm not over here saying that depression isn't serious or anything, the exact opposite in fact. I just want him to go about getting help properly, if that's what he truly wants. I myself, like many, many other people, suffer from depression, but I know bitching about it online will do nothing, and comes off as attention seeking consider the outlet. So I moved home to be with the people who mean the most to me and am seeing a therapist to work on my mental health.

I've had a lot of internet friends help me through a lot of shit in the past 16 years. Sometimes it's all people have. A cry for help is a cry for help no matter the venue.

Honestly, texting Blade has done me far more good than any therapist I ever had. Therapists are great, but they aren't for everyone. Sometimes a "DUDE THATS FUCKED" means more than a clinical analysis.

I've had a lot of internet friends help me through a lot of shit in the past 16 years. Sometimes it's all people have. A cry for help is a cry for help no matter the venue.

Honestly, texting Blade has done me far more good than any therapist I ever had. Therapists are great, but they aren't for everyone. Sometimes a "DUDE THATS FUCKED" means more than a clinical analysis.

To each their own.

This, my family is supportive in certain ways but emotionally not at all. I feel I sink more when I try to talk to my mother, her attitude towards mental health is completely thoughtless. My real life friends are also not easy to count on in this manner, an ex-girlfriend is pretty much the only strong emotionally supportive figure outside of my therapist but that isn't a healthy relationship so I try not to rely on that. I met more people on here I can relate to for emotional support than almost anywhere, but in a crisis situation I wouldn't fault someone for relying on strangers but I would encourage seeking a trained professional.

Would it be dumb to buy the exact same car I have now? I have an 04 Acura RSX, love it to death, but it's only it's way out. Online I found an 06, with only 2k more miles then mine for $8k. Dumb decision to buy the same car?

Would it be dumb to buy the exact same car I have now? I have an 04 Acura RSX, love it to death, but it's only it's way out. Online I found an 06, with only 2k more miles then mine for $8k. Dumb decision to buy the same car?

Nope, if you know the car, and love the car.... makes sense to get another one.

Nope, if you know the car, and love the car.... makes sense to get another one.

That's why I don't want to give it up, I know exactly how it handles in every situation. I'm just worried it will suffer the same issues as mine soon, rust, front end issues, etc.

My mom called me at 5am this morning, to strongly urge me into not going to Russia next week. The news stated "this is the most aggressive act by Russia since the Cold War" (referring to a Russia plane [unarmed] flying over a US destroyer at something like 75ft in distance). Thank you, ABC for worrying my mother. (and for making her wake me up at 5am)

Damn lady at the gas station accidentally gave me ultra lights, and I didn't notice until it was too late. It does not feel like I'm smoking at all, just breaking in air.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic