I have 3 packages that should show up today. Hopefully I won't be at the doctor forever, so I can spin some before dinner. I should have some time to run home before the doctor too, to take the records in since it's going to be in the 80's today. Nothing like leaving records out to bake in the heat.

I have 3 packages that should show up today. Hopefully I won't be at the doctor forever, so I can spin some before dinner. I should have some time to run home before the doctor too, to take the records in since it's going to be in the 80's today. Nothing like leaving records out to bake in the heat.

This is my one major concern with living in FL. I have a shaded porch, but there are still times it gets unbearable and those records sit out before I get home. Sometimes I wonder if I should have them delivered to work, but can I count on the USPS in this area now to fuck shit up? Probably not.

This is my one major concern with living in FL. I have a shaded porch, but there are still times it gets unbearable and those records sit out before I get home. Sometimes I wonder if I should have them delivered to work, but can I count on the USPS in this area now to fuck shit up? Probably not.

My front stoop is in the sun all day long, and my mail carrier used to leave them there to bask in the sun. I ended up with too many warped records, so I left her a note and now she leaves them in the side door. Heat is usually not as harsh on the records as direct sunlight, but I imagine all that heat and humidity down their in FL is never good. Plus most carriers just don't give a fuck about people's stuff.

I've debated getting a PO box, so at least they stay at the post office.

if ryan doesn't come through let me know, the location that has it is holding a copy of Death for Rez that I'm picking up and I can put it on hold with it and get it tomorrow if you send me the funds

Sounds like a plan.

Morning, y'all. O'Brother was awesome last night. They played a really good selection of stuff from Garden Window, which made me happy...and they played it tuned down half a step, which made it just STUPIDLY heavy. Malum at that tuning was just goddamned ignorant, and I loved it.

Big Jesus was good too. Super riffy, super heavy. Didn't get home until 2am, up for work by 7, and I'm working all the way till tomorrow at 5pm. Today's gonna be rough.

Speaking of shit, I just lot home from NOFX and oh my god that was awful. I had to park almost a mile away, and the opening acts were cool (Actually really dug direct hit, hung with guitar player at the merch table and he's a cool guy) but Jesus Christ NOFX was bad. Sound was bad, song selection wasn't good, and the crowd was awful. I swear a ton of people were kicked out for behaving ridiculous and throwing beers. Some guy almost tried to fight me for my spot (literally right front and center) and he only backed off because some other people told him to fuck off and security stared him down. There was this tiny girl right in front of me too (like maybe 4'10") and I had to brace my arms against the barrier to make a box around her to keep her from getting completely fucking smashed because the crowd was pushing so hard (not just the pit, the whole fucking room was pushing) I'm a pretty tall guy and somewhat strong but I came home beat to shit. She noped out of there pretty quickly as soon as she could (i did get a thank you though) Totally killed my NOFX boner.

The only thing worse than NOFX is people at a NOFX show

But yeah, that's how bigger room crowds are, the whole crowd moves and the only way to escape it is to be all the way back. Shit sucks.

Man, Texas keeps getting pounded with horrible storms and flooding. Starting to rethink moving there. Austin always seems to be getting hit, same with Houston.

Man, Texas keeps getting pounded with horrible storms and flooding. Starting to rethink moving there. Austin always seems to be getting hit, same with Houston.

It's just spring, plus this is unusual. Once it gets into May, it will be sunshine and drought I bet and it will last through September probably.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic