8 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Oh, I have no doubt! I just found that one part pretty funny, considering. I'd like to get that done someday just out of curiosity :)

I found it funny too. I was like, can't everyone smell that? it does a percentage on what your chances are you have a gene that sneezes when looking at the sun as well. 

2 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

I found it funny too. I was like, can't everyone smell that? it does a percentage on what your chances are you have a gene that sneezes when looking at the sun as well. 

Apparently not, since it's on there. It is interesting for sure, but $200 is a lot. They used to say your cancer chances and things, but they had to get rid of that. I'm surprised they still offer the genetic disease carrier list.

4 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Don't stop now Thomas. It's tough to get through but you will feel so much better after you've been off butts for a little while.

I quit nearly 16 years ago and never looked back. Everything tastes better too!

Not to mention the $10/pack you save!  Put your cig $$$ in a jar somewhere for 3 months or so and then go buy yourself a nice piece of gear!

Why'd they get rid of it?

Just now, Thomas³ said:

Apparently not, since it's on there. It is interesting for sure, but $200 is a lot. They used to say your cancer chances and things, but they had to get rid of that. I'm surprised they still offer the genetic disease carrier list.

if I wasn't adopted and I knew my 'basic' heritage I wouldn't have done it. well worth the money for me. the genetic disorders they test are ultra rare ones so chances are most everyone aren't carriers. its mostly for your kids' info and does no good for the tester. 

3 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

if I wasn't adopted and I knew my 'basic' heritage I wouldn't have done it. well worth the money for me. the genetic disorders they test are ultra rare ones so chances are most everyone aren't carriers. its mostly for your kids' info and does no good for the tester. 

Yeah, it's probably good for you then. I know most of my genetic history and heritage already, but it'd still be cool to see how much of it's true/accurate.

Genetics are really interesting, and so odd. I'm 75% eastern European, and am as much American Indian as I am Irish, but I look 100% Irish. Really pale and light strawberry blond hair. Odd how that works out.

Edited by Thomas³

17 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

With my dad being adopted, it'd be a good idea for me as well.  I might have to check it out.

27 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Genetics are really interesting, and so odd. I'm 75% eastern European, and am as much American Indian as I am Irish, but I look 100% Irish. Really pale and light strawberry blond hair. Odd how that works out.

so true. turns out i am 48% European even though i look zero. it then breaks it down to countries. but the overall is:

25.8% NW EU

17% Southern EU

4% 'Broadly' EU

other misc.

Edited by abovetheearth

Just now, abovetheearth said:

so true. turns out i am 48% European even though i look zero. it then breaks it down to countries. but the overall is:

25.8% NW EU

17% Southern EU

4% 'Broadly' EU

other misc.

Does it break down the countries? As I said, Genetics are weird. I'm

25% Italian

25% Slovak

25% Macedonian

~ rest is a mix of Irish, German, English, American Indian and French.

I'm a mutt of American Dreams.

5 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Does it break down the countries? As I said, Genetics are weird.

Yes. Talk about a mutt. I got just about everything.

Korean 35.1%

Broadly Northwestern European - 16.1%
Italian 11.4%
Japanese 9.2%

British & Irish - 8.4%

Chinese 5.0%

Broadly Southern European 4.1%

Iberian 1.6%
French & German - 1.4%
Middle Eastern - 1.2%

Edited by abovetheearth

2 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

Korean 35.1%

Italian 11.4%
Japanese 9.2%

British & Irish - 8.4%

Chinese 5.0%

Iberian 1.6%
French & German - 1.4%
Middle Eastern - 1.2%

Haha, that is pretty awesome. It's crazy to think you have ancestors from all over the world like that.

I'd do it if I had the money right now. I'd love to see how true mine is, since I kinda doubt I'm really American Indian, and all the other weird things I've been told. "Supposedly" I am related to Bloody Mary on my British side, and the American Indian is Sioux. Both seem made up to me.

Edited by Thomas³

7 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Late to the party here, but instead of a fancy-ass infuser pitcher you could also just wrap everything in a coffee filter or cheese cloth and tie it off...

Woah, let's not get all logical in here John. Maybe some people prefer to spend more money on pitchers!

I was actually planning on doing just that.

1 hour ago, abovetheearth said:

Korean 35.1%

Italian 11.4%
Japanese 9.2%

British & Irish - 8.4%

Chinese 5.0%

Iberian 1.6%
French & German - 1.4%
Middle Eastern - 1.2%

That's an interesting orgy.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread