1 hour ago, Holo said:

Show last night got crazy. Three guys were in the pit and just trying to punch people in the face as hard as they could. Guy almost knocked the shit out of me but missed. Security pulled the guy who actually hit someone shortly after aside and told him to chill the fuck out, but the dude tried to hit him too. Security guy was a big dude though so he decked the dude. The whole security team came over and dragged the guy outside kicking and screaming and fighting them the whole time. His buddies ran over and they both started trying to fight security to get their friend away from them. They ended up all being pinned down until the police got there. It took the entire security staff and a couple extra muscley bystanders to hold them down. It was fucking wild. This was all at the Chon's set, of all the bands to have gotten way out of hand. I ripped up the pit during Periphery though. They opened with Scarlet which is a jam. Didn't play my favorite track but it's obscure so I am not really surprised. Looks like they play the same set every night, but I would have killed for The Gods Must Be Crazy! .

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/periphery/2016/heaven-the-masquerade-atlanta-ga-5bfc9f08.html

What the hell is wrong with people

I received an order from CC Music yesterday, but also got a second package with someone else order in it (was addressed to me, so not USPS' fault). I've tried to email CC Music and message them on discogs, but am getting no response. I feel bad for the person who they are supposed to go to, and since CC Music is usually always awesome, don't want them out records/money. Weird they are not responding. 

6 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I received an order from CC Music yesterday, but also got a second package with someone else order in it (was addressed to me, so not USPS' fault). I've tried to email CC Music and message them on discogs, but am getting no response. I feel bad for the person who they are supposed to go to, and since CC Music is usually always awesome, don't want them out records/money. Weird they are not responding. 

Free records for me. :)

Ugh more flakes and lowball offers, I edited the ad clarifying the radio was an easy fix and that it had a cd/aux/usb jack so maybe it will generate a little more interest. Also it's the weekend so I might get more bites. Not really feeling this Slingshot Dakota cd topshelf sent me with the new Field Mouse, but it was super cool of them to give me a free cd

I like how on days I can sleep in, I still wake up at 730 am, but on days I need to be up then I can't get out of bed. At least I got some stuff done this morning. Restored my headlights, installed the new 8MZ stylus on my Grado cartridge and did some laundry. I can't stop listening to records with the new stylus, it's such an amazing upgrade in sound. Too bad the 2 records I know shipped last week (no tracking given) did not show up today.

6 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Just watched Mean Girls for at least the 20th time.

There's a few things I have seen waaaaay too many times. Used to have this whole damn monologue from Haruhi memorized because I have probably seen the whole series 10+ times and that first episode even more. Crispin Freeman is probably my favorite English dub VA just because of this role. He does such an amazing job.

[Narrating] Okay, asking somebody how long they believed in Santa Claus is so stupid, you can't even consider the topic suitable for idle conversation. But if you still wanna know how long I believed in some old fat guy who wears a funky red suit, I can tell you this: I've never believed in him, ever. The Santa that showed up at my kindergarten Christmas festival, I knew he was fake. And I never saw mommy kissing Santa or anything. But I have to say, that even as a little kid, I knew better than to believe in some old man that only worked one day a year. Now, having said that, it wasn't until I got older that I realized that aliens, time travelers, ghosts, monsters, espers, the evil syndicates and the anime/manga/fantasy flick heroes that fight said evil syndicates, were also fake. Okay, I guess I always knew those things were bogus, I just didn't wanna admit it. All I ever wanted was for an alien, time traveler, ghost, monster, esper, evil syndicate, or the hero that fought them to just appear and say "Hey". Unfortunately, reality is a hard road indeed. Yep, you gotta admit, the laws of physics definitely puts a damper on things. I even stopped watching those TV shows about aliens and ghosts and stuff. Aliens, time travelers, espers; of course they don't exist, but a little part of me wishes that they did. I guess I've grown up and realized I can think about those things and still accept reality. But by the time I got out of junior high, I pretty much outgrew that kind of stuff and I guess I got used to the idea of living in an ordinary world. Just like that, I was in high school...that's when I met her.

Small Talkers, help me out here!

I was at a show the other night and the best/worst movie was playing between bands.

It's a Japanese flick where a guy with a guitar and a twin? with a trumpet fight bad guys

I took a couple photos

It's a long shot, but I want to watch this full thing

http://imgur.com/a/i49ZC

13 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Small Talkers, help me out here!

I was at a show the other night and the best/worst movie was playing between bands.

It's a Japanese flick where a guy with a guitar and a twin? with a trumpet fight bad guys

I took a couple photos

It's a long shot, but I want to watch this full thing

http://imgur.com/a/i49ZC

Grrr, my weeb knowledge fails me.

3 hours ago, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER DOUBLE SHIFT.

AREN'T 12+ HOUR DAYS THE BEST? MY FAVORITE PART IS THAT MY BOSS DOESN'T BELIEVE IN THOSE SILLY "BREAKS". 

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

If anyone was sleeping on that bright eye box it's popmarket deal of the day and after code WELCOME20 it's only $104 shipped.

Do they bill at purchase or ship?

48 minutes ago, Holo said:

Grrr, my weeb knowledge fails me.

AREN'T 12+ HOUR DAYS THE BEST? MY FAVORITE PART IS THAT MY BOSS DOESN'T BELIEVE IN THOSE SILLY "BREAKS". 

Do they bill at purchase or ship?

I don't think you can legally work 12 hour shifts...and breaks are also required by law...

7 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I don't think you can legally work 12 hour shifts...and breaks are also required by law...

IT'S OKAY, HE DOESN'T BELIEVE IN HEALTH CODE OR LABOR LAWS

GUESS WHO'S QUITTING THIS WEEK?

14 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Pop market is right away 

Is it the daily deal? I'm tempted but shouldn't spend that today. 

1 hour ago, Holo said:

Dude, fucking report his ass. I've done it and I've worked jobs where other people have done it. It's really satisfying.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

1 hour ago, Holo said:

Oh, I mean, if he doesn't believe in it...

Dude. Report his ass. Take your government mandated breaks, and tell him is he can go fuck himself and talk to the health inspector while he is at it. 

A job isn't that important at that age to let people walk all over you. Especially at a fucking pizza joint. 

20 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Dude, fucking report his ass. If done it and I've worked jobs where other people have done it. It's really satisfying.

15 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Oh, I mean, if he doesn't believe in it...

Dude. Report his ass. Take your government mandated breaks, and tell him is he can go fuck himself and talk to the health inspector while he is at it. 

A job isn't that important at that age to let people walk all over you. Especially at a fucking pizza joint. 

We have bugs something fierce and he keeps blaming us for not sweeping (which we do a thorough job of). They're just in the fucking walls because they've been a problem for years. He doesn't mark almost anything with a date in the walk in and I'm 90% sure the chicken on the salad station is two weeks rotten. Doesn't have a proper grease trap either so the plumbing always backs up which would also somehow be my fault. I've only worked three or four all day shifts but 11-12 hours with no break is/was unbearable. I'd ideally like to have him as a reference next time I apply somewhere so I'll give him two weeks or as soon as he can find someone to replace me when I pick up my check tomorrow but if he's a dick I will tell him I'm not coming back and he's fucked for my shifts this week. It isn't like I need the job or a reference at 16. 

4 hours ago, deafening said:

Apparently not

Everything I have thought about labor laws in my state is a lie.

Huh, I always thought it was a legal requirement too. Still fuck being asked to work 12 hours on a Saturday in high school during school. I'm working just for disposable income so I can always quit with no consequences. I may tomorrow when I get my check but I will by the end of the week for sure. What's the deal with two weeks notice? That's just a nicety, right? If he is an asshole to me after I give him two weeks or as soon as he can replace me I can just walk the hell out, right?

3 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

"Two weeks" is just the "professional" thing to do. You can straight up stop going to any job any time you want if you don't want/need it. I just wouldn't put it on your resume after you quit like that.

That's what I figured. Assuming it isn't busy when I go get my check after class tomorrow I will tell him that after two weeks or as soon as he can find someone to replace me that he needs to take me off of the regular schedule. As a nicety I think I may tell him that if all else fails and he can't get someone to cover a sick shift or something to text/call me and see if I am busy but that I can't be working regularly during the school year.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic