1 hour ago, parkinglot said:

I think some of you are from the Bay area.  My friend and I are visiting our friend going to Berkeley from Feb 19-26.  We already have tickets to Cloud Nothings and Deafheaven/TWDY, but I'm wondering if any of you have recommendations for food/beer/other things to do.  We'll mostly be in Berkeley but will probably head to San Francisco for the day on the 20th and 24th when the shows are.  Thanks!

Toronado is a dynamite beer bar.  I really liked the record store that is now 1-2-3-4! Go Records too.

7 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning everyone. Beat the snow to work this morning, but we have 3-5 coming in the next few hours. Damn clouds are circling above us. It looks like the city is actually out trying to keep up with it, so hopefully it'll be ok when I leave.

Morning T cubed... I wish 3 to 5 was hitting here

8 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Looks like it's gonna start snowing here right before I get out of work. My bet is there will be just enough snow to make the commute a pain in the ass.

Really I mean there will be enough snow to make other people on the road a pain in the ass.

Always how it is. I love driving in snow, just not so much with others.

8 minutes ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Morning T cubed... I wish 3 to 5 was hitting here

Morning Ghost. I'll put in the word with the weather to head your way. I love snow too, just not rush hour driving in it.

16 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Toronado is a dynamite beer bar.  I really liked the record store that is now 1-2-3-4! Go Records too.

Seconded, glad it's still there haven't been in a decade but Toronado is a kickass beer bar, they had like 20+ beers on tap most I'd never heard of. I was 21 and went to barley wine festival after a day at the haight/ashbury park, villians clothing store, amoeba, and all the other shops on the strip. I still remember that day like it was yesterday, we got toasted cause it was like $2 for a 4 oz. glass and I must have tried like 6 or 7 different ones and they are all high alcohol content since it's barley wine.

9 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I had my first proper closing duties and now I have my first solo opening shift, I only have to man the store alone for the first hour but I guess they trust me and think I don't suck

Well, for what it's worth I think you suck. 

Glad the new job is going well

20 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

I had my first proper closing duties and now I have my first solo opening shift, I only have to man the store alone for the first hour but I guess they trust me and think I don't suck

You guys must get a lot of business. None of the records stores here ever have more than one person working at a time.

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

They hired a new person for my department.

I swear if it's another college kid who can only work nights and weekends I'm gonna flip out. Out of my current 8 employees 5 of them can only work nights and weekends. It would be utterly fucking pointless.

Sounds like the opposite of my old job. I worked nights and weekends, and wanted to stop, but they kept hiring people to work other shifts so I couldn't leave mine.

Just now, Thomas³ said:

You guys must get a lot of business. None of the records stores here ever have more than one person working at a time.

Sounds like the opposite of my old job. I worked nights and weekends, and wanted to stop, but they kept hiring people to work other shifts so I couldn't leave mine.

It's the worst. We have shit coverage all week, especially mornings and afternoons.

And of course I just found out the new guy is weekends only. It makes zero sense, it's not like it frees someone else up to work during the week.

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

we usually have 2 and occasionally 3, but we have people with specific jobs like social media or equipment sales. We also have a program that supports new releases and playing them and carrying them gets us money, which helps cover the payroll of more people on the floor. I don't get to just spin records all day :/. But it allows me to have a job like this in 2017, and I stay on top of new releases. 

Well that 3-5 inches turned into 1/2" and now it is raining. No fun.

I need to really think about a new car soon, or dropping more money into mine that is rusting. I heard some weird squeaky when backing out of my driveway this morning, so one of the bearing is probably going bad, need the sway bar links replaced, and something else in the front end is still not right. Maybe I'll take it in and get it looked at this weekend, have them inspect the bearings, ball-joints, tie-rods, axel, cv-joint, etc. If it can be fixed, and feel ok on the highway again for a decent price, might be worth dropping some money to hold onto it for another year or so. I hate cars.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic