Does anyone else get in these moods where you really just want to start getting rid of all your shit?

I want to cut down my record collection so badly, but I have a tough time letting go of records. Last time I got this way, I sold a bunch of stuff (non-record stuff) and it was great. I just don't want to regret getting rid of a bunch of stuff, but I realize there are some albums I just have because it's "classic" or "cool" to have them, and the collection has gotten large enough that I never listed to everything regularly.

I'm done packing all my stuff and I'll be moving out tomorrow. My girlfriend and I got a really nice place and I can't wait and I'm freaking the fuck out about it. It's gonna be a rough run tomorrow. Luckily all my records and some other stuff are already up there.

Wish me luck people.

Does anyone else get in these moods where you really just want to start getting rid of all your shit?

I want to cut down my record collection so badly, but I have a tough time letting go of records. Last time I got this way, I sold a bunch of stuff (non-record stuff) and it was great. I just don't want to regret getting rid of a bunch of stuff, but I realize there are some albums I just have because it's "classic" or "cool" to have them, and the collection has gotten large enough that I never listed to everything regularly.

Yeah. I sold about 50 or 60 records at the beginning of the year. I don't really miss any of them, because I realized I didn't listen to a lot of them anyway.

Can't relate about the mood of wanting to get rid of stuff (not yet, I guess) but I can relate to not wanting to get rid of stuff, even if you don't want it that bad.

I go through this a lot. It is hard to let some records go. In the end, I should just do it. I collect variants for a few bands, and when I look at all the spines of the same record on my shelf I wonder why I need all these. In the end I'll probably just keep them all.

Yes ! I really want to just keep the things I need and use regularly. Everything else is just taking up space but i have hoarding tendencies so it's really really hard. It's hard to even get rid of clothes I haven't worn in years. I think it's due to me being really poor and I know replacing anything I sell or giveaway will require money that I don't have.

All the time! Not so much my records, but clothes is big for me. I always sit down with intentions to get rid of a lot of clothes and just keep telling myself I still like that shirt and might wear it again.

I went through a phase for about 6 months a year or two ago when I wanted to give it all up totally. I sold some stuff I didn't listen to, but I could never get rid of things that I really loved. Even if I hadn't listened to it for a longg time. I really just don't care anymore. I'v accepted the addiction I think.  Haha.

I'm slowly weeding out some records due to space issues.  I'm also trying to get rid of other things that I've had for years and haven't touched.  I sell bits of it here and there, but I know that next time I move, it's going on a box on the curb.

Slightly related, I'm getting rid of my car on Monday and am ecstatic about it!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic