I spent $100 to give a record to a girl. The record has, of course, been repressed since then. I think the most I've ever spent on a record for myself is like $35.

Dayummm, look at this ladies man!

I remember spending nearly $300 for some fancy-ass perfume for my ex.  Lucky for me, no girl I've ever met since has had it, so no little haunting memories will pop up due to olfactory memory!

I feel like every record I'm ever after is at least $40-50. So annoying.

It's the perils of collecting after getting the cheap n' easy grabs.  I'm in the same boat.

I just pray for reissues to come along and be like $20.

I've been pretty lucky to snag most of my big wants at lower than normal prices, or they've been reissued and I grabbed those. I think I really only have two expensive purchases left now that those Neko Case records are getting reissued.

I've been pretty lucky to snag most of my big wants at lower than normal prices, or they've been reissued and I grabbed those. I think I really only have two expensive purchases left now that those Neko Case records are getting reissued.

There have been some huge reissue campaigns in the last few years that have put things in my hands that I know I wouldn't ever be willing to buy on the second hand market.

I'm very stoked about that Neko Case box :)

There have been some huge reissue campaigns in the last few years that have put things in my hands that I know I wouldn't ever be willing to buy on the second hand market.

I'm very stoked about that Neko Case box :)

I'm waiting/hoping for single reissues :unsure: All I'm missing is Furnace Room and The Virginian. (And Tigers, but I'm not crazy about live albums)

It adds up for sure.  I also find it to be a slippery slope.  If I can justify buying a $50 LP, I can probably talk myself into a $60 LP and it just goes from there.

That's how I ended up justifying this purchase.  I thought, hell I paid nearly $70 for that Uncle Acid record, what's $30 more?

It adds up for sure.  I also find it to be a slippery slope.  If I can justify buying a $50 LP, I can probably talk myself into a $60 LP and it just goes from there.

Oh yeah, I talked myself into a $60 LP last month. Went for a $40 last week. I know we can all do math, but hey, that's $100. I can't tell you how many times I'v justified it in my head that the extra $5-10 won't make a difference. Probably at least 30 or 40 times. When will it ever end.

/thehobby

Oh yeah, I talked myself into a $60 LP last month. Went for a $40 last week. I know we can all do math, but hey, that's $100. I can't tell you how many times I'v justified it in my head that the extra $5-10 won't make a difference. Probably at least 30 or 40 times. When will it ever end.

/thehobby

Meh... it's just money

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic