Both are fairly easy in my car, thankfully. I've replacement them both plenty of times. I have to take my glove box out to get to the cabin filter, but I imagine that is simple compared to in dash ones.

My car is super easy as well. The cabin filter is in the engine bay near the bottom of the windshield. It's just under a cover that uses three 1/4 turn fasteners. Both filters are super easy to replace.

420602588_o6SF8-L.jpg

Sexy engine. My air filter is in a box that has like 8 screws for some reason, but they don't come out, just loosen so they don't fall in the engine and get lost. It's annoying, but only takes a minute and better then paying someone a bunch of money to do it.

Too bad I'm at the point where I need to fix a bunch of stuff in my car, or get a new one. Sucks, since I love my car. :(

What vehicle do you drive? On most cars, changing out an air filter is really simple. At the dealership I work at we charge $42.65 for an air filter plus labor ($115 an hour), which adds up to be pretty expensive for such a simple job. You can buy the filter for yourself for about half online, and change it in less than five minutes. 

The in cabin air filter is a little more tricky though as most of the time they're inside the dash and fairly inaccessible. 

It's a 2014 Accord, I lease so I feel like I should take it to the dealership for all maintenance, though I think I am stopping that (especially the oil changes - they were free up until this point, but there is no way I am spending that much going forward)

the breakdown:

Tire Rotation - $22.99

Oil Change - $64.99 ($37.39 labor, $27.60 parts)

Air & HEPA filters - $119.99 ($60.75 labor, $59.24 parts)

Wheel Alignment - $104.99 ($104.99 labor)

and then a disposal fee & sales tax.

My internet has been such shit all week. Apparently there have been high usages in this area causing problems at the hub. What a lame excuse.

Comcast techs were out by my place yesterday, and determined that my internet has been shit for the past 2 months because apparently squirrels chewed a hole through the sheathing covering up the actual cable, and now there's water in the line.

It's a 2014 Accord, I lease so I feel like I should take it to the dealership for all maintenance, though I think I am stopping that (especially the oil changes - they were free up until this point, but there is no way I am spending that much going forward)

the breakdown:

Tire Rotation - $22.99

Oil Change - $64.99 ($37.39 labor, $27.60 parts)

Air & HEPA filters - $119.99 ($60.75 labor, $59.24 parts)

Wheel Alignment - $104.99 ($104.99 labor)

and then a disposal fee & sales tax.

Stop going to the Dealership unless the service is gratis. Just keep maintenance documentation.

You are paying nearly double for everything right there. 

Haha, be awesome if you could though. Damn expensive traveling.

I need to track down a Waiter repress, and a new copy of ICBAW... and a pipe dream, but Endangered Song too. Missed the copies they were giving away on their street team page by a day or two :(.

Comcast techs were out by my place yesterday, and determined that my internet has been shit for the past 2 months because apparently squirrels chewed a hole through the sheathing covering up the actual cable, and now there's water in the line.

It sucks cause in some places you can't bury lines due to county land restrictions. So I hear about that happening a lot. Plus most cable companies are lazy about doing a clean install and placing the cables on nicer places where that won't happen.

It sucks cause in some places you can't bury lines due to county land restrictions. So I hear about that happening a lot. Plus most cable companies are lazy about doing a clean install and placing the cables on nicer places where that won't happen.

Also, I live in New England where every building that wasn't built yesterday was built in 1673, so that probably factors into it somehow.

Dammit, I knew I forgot to do something this weekend. I was going to call all the marble places in town and see if they had any scrap left over I could buy to put under my TT.

Oh it's thick enough. ; )

Ladies haven't complained at all.

--

1-1/8".

Upvoted for the innuendo....

Home Depot near me has marble & granite flooring tiles, but they're only about 3/8" thick. Would it have the same isolating effect if I stacked like...three of the tiles together? 

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic