My internet has been such shit all week. Apparently there have been high usages in this area causing problems at the hub. What a lame excuse.

Sounds more like "we don't know what's wrong, so we'll blame it on people using netflix causing bandwidth issues" instead of their most likely shit lines.

My internet has been such shit all week. Apparently there have been high usages in this area causing problems at the hub. What a lame excuse.

Who do you have? All we have to choose from is Time Warner Cable and I think that because they know that they are the only carrier here (as of right now), they can be shitty because I seriously think they think "what else are you going to do? Not have internet it? hahaha"

Who do you have? All we have to choose from is Time Warner Cable and I think that because they know that they are the only carrier here (as of right now), they can be shitty because I seriously think they think "what else are you going to do? Not have internet it? hahaha"

We have TWC or ATT. TWC is the lesser of two evils for sure, since ATT has a data cap of 250gb per month. 250gb is nothing if you watch youtube/netflix/etc.

We have TWC or ATT. TWC is the lesser of two evils for sure, since ATT has a data cap of 250gb per month. 250gb is nothing if you watch youtube/netflix/etc.

Yea that stuff drains it unbelievably fast. I was having to limit my personal cellphone data usage up until recently when ATT made the unlimited available again if you have directv too; my dad (taking stupid nonsense advice from the ATT rep) got rid of my unlimited data plan I'd had since the very first iPhone. So stupid.

Sounds more like "we don't know what's wrong, so we'll blame it on people using netflix causing bandwidth issues" instead of their most likely shit lines.

I've spent hours and hours on with their tech to finally get that as some sort of answer. I love how it is always the users fault until they can prove it isn't. Blaming my router settings, having a dynamic IP, etc. No. It's your router with the settings you want to ensure compatibility. They had the nerve tell me to get a static IP. FUCK YOU. Fix your hub, fuckers. Netflix takes 1.5mb/s and 3 for HD. There is no way that's overloading the hub in my area. There isn't a single cultisack in my zip code, fuck off. I live in the woods. We have 2 neighbors. Ain't overloading shit. Fucking Century Link. I swear to God. I worked for them. I know their Bullshit so at least I can call them out on it. Having the audacity to try to charge me for wanting to send a tech out. Nah. Fix your God damn network.

I am obviously mad cause this needs to be solved before Daredevil comes out... Haha.

You always have two choices: cable or telecommunications. It's pretty rare toy don't have a Telcom line running through. You won't have overlapping of 2 of the same type. One Telcom company rents the lines from the government and that's it. There is no sharing. Then cable gets their lines. Again, no sharing. Gotta love it. (I know all the shit on each IP cause I have worked for every major telecomm company, literally, at the same time. I was damn good at my job cause I didn't lie or sugar coat anything to anyone like employees at each individual company do. Haha.)

And gotta love cable's business tactics. The corrupt fucks. They won't be laughing when Google lays some Fiber down in your area. They would be able to give their service away.

Even if 100 people are using the lines for HD, that is not enough to overload their hubs. It's just BS so they can charge people more money for their shitty services. All ISPs blame the customer, because most assume they are correct. I got into a huge argument with a TWC tech when they did that, and told me I was wrong when I brought really routing shit into the conversation. I made them send a tech out to test my line, and sure enough, the line to my house was getting chewed on by squirrels so water got in the line. Fuckers.

$336 spent for an oil change, tire rotation and air cleaner/filter... plus two hours of sitting at the dealership (got there at 7:25am).

Screw you, Monday morning.

What vehicle do you drive? On most cars, changing out an air filter is really simple. At the dealership I work at we charge $42.65 for an air filter plus labor ($115 an hour), which adds up to be pretty expensive for such a simple job. You can buy the filter for yourself for about half online, and change it in less than five minutes. 

The in cabin air filter is a little more tricky though as most of the time they're inside the dash and fairly inaccessible. 

What vehicle do you drive? On most cars, changing out an air filter is really simple. At the dealership I work at we charge $42.65 for an air filter plus labor ($115 an hour), which adds up to be pretty expensive for such a simple job. You can buy the filter for yourself for about half online, and change it in less than five minutes. 

The in cabin air filter is a little more tricky though as most of the time they're inside the dash and fairly inaccessible. 

Both are fairly easy in my car, thankfully. I've replacement them both plenty of times. I have to take my glove box out to get to the cabin filter, but I imagine that is simple compared to in dash ones.

I've spent hours and hours on with their tech to finally get that as some sort of answer. I love how it is always the users fault until they can prove it isn't. Blaming my router settings, having a dynamic IP, etc. No. It's your router with the settings you want to ensure compatibility. They had the nerve tell me to get a static IP. FUCK YOU. Fix your hub, fuckers. Netflix takes 1.5mb/s and 3 for HD. There is no way that's overloading the hub in my area. There isn't a single cultisack in my zip code, fuck off. I live in the woods. We have 2 neighbors. Ain't overloading shit. Fucking Century Link. I swear to God. I worked for them. I know their Bullshit so at least I can call them out on it. Having the audacity to try to charge me for wanting to send a tech out. Nah. Fix your God damn network.

I am obviously mad cause this needs to be solved before Daredevil comes out... Haha.

Daredevil is going to be so good!!!

We have Cox and Comcast as far as I know. Cox speeds dip off around 6-9PM but it's okay for the freedom to torrent without worries and not have Comcast

Every provider's speed dips at that time cause it's when people get home from work. No way around that one, unfortunately. Even fiber lines have that problem. Google might be the exception though.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic