Was it something insanely simple we all overlooked? haha

well it was partially my fault. it turned out to be the router after all. everyone except for my brother assumed it was my laptop since everyone elses stuff worked. but my brother happened to be over visiting and i mentioned that i was forced to use the hotspot wireless connection since my laptop wont connect to the house wifi. so he started tooling around in my settings and realized that there was only 1 home connection showing up when there should have been 2. he said he bought the router originally and its a dual band, so we should have a 5G connection and the standard one.

so he went over to my parents house and sat in front of their router and modem for a while and came across a few things. 1. my dad replaced the router with a new one bc the old one evidently broke a few months ago. my brother didn't know this. but it was still a dual band so the 2 connections should still be showing up. then he found out that my dad had an ethernet cable going out of port 2 and into port 3 so it was circling a connection to nothing lol. (my dad is a smart man but i cant help but laugh at his oversight on that haha) and on top of that, my brother said that my dad never set up the properties of the wireless networks. he tried to log in to the admin account for the router but nobody knew the password and my dad claimed he never set one up. so my brother reset everything to factory, made the admin account and changed the properties to fit our needs. so now it works! it was instantly, too. as soon as he reset it i was able to connect. so now we also have the 5G connection for our streaming devices which makes everything go so much faster when we're trying to watch shows thru our roku.

THE END.

For some reason lately, my broken brain has been toying with the idea of selling off my records. I love my records, but lately I just have not felt like cleaning them, dusting them, etc just to play them. I am more than happy playing the digital copy. Not sure if it's one of those weird waves I have, where I buy a bunch and stop for a while or what. Doubt I'll sell them ever, but sometimes my brain gets weird.

Like now, lack of sleep is catching up...

well it was partially my fault. it turned out to be the router after all. everyone except for my brother assumed it was my laptop since everyone elses stuff worked. but my brother happened to be over visiting and i mentioned that i was forced to use the hotspot wireless connection since my laptop wont connect to the house wifi. so he started tooling around in my settings and realized that there was only 1 home connection showing up when there should have been 2. he said he bought the router originally and its a dual band, so we should have a 5G connection and the standard one.

so he went over to my parents house and sat in front of their router and modem for a while and came across a few things. 1. my dad replaced the router with a new one bc the old one evidently broke a few months ago. my brother didn't know this. but it was still a dual band so the 2 connections should still be showing up. then he found out that my dad had an ethernet cable going out of port 2 and into port 3 so it was circling a connection to nothing lol. (my dad is a smart man but i cant help but laugh at his oversight on that haha) and on top of that, my brother said that my dad never set up the properties of the wireless networks. he tried to log in to the admin account for the router but nobody knew the password and my dad claimed he never set one up. so my brother reset everything to factory, made the admin account and changed the properties to fit our needs. so now it works! it was instantly, too. as soon as he reset it i was able to connect. so now we also have the 5G connection for our streaming devices which makes everything go so much faster when we're trying to watch shows thru our roku.

THE END.

I wonder if this was your issue from when you first moved too?

I wonder if this was your issue from when you first moved too?

it was. this was all the same problem lol. took almost a month to come up with a resolution. whenever i have a computer issue i never think to ask my brother even tho i should. he always sets up everything for my parents AND he's the lead IT person at his job. where he is a police officer. lol. he shouldn't be doing IT there, but they have budget cuts and can't hire anyone else to do it. but i guess it means something when the entire police force in our town relies on him to make sure everything works. he also built the patrol cars that they use and wired everything inside them. in hindsight i feel like an ass for not asking him as soon as the issue came up lol.

THE END.

Wow. Yeah I don't think I ever would have thought of that without physically being there.

Glad its resolved finally.

Thomas maybe just sell the ones your don't really listen to ?

I did that last year, and am happy with what I have now. I think I just need to take a break from buying them for a while, unless it's by one of my favorite bands.

And I would love a link to some of those html/css sites you mentioned on IG!

I did that last year, and am happy with what I have now. I think I just need to take a break from buying them for a while, unless it's by one of my favorite bands.

And I would love a link to some of those html/css sites you mentioned on IG!

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is the same but I've been pretty down about mine too. I love listening to them too but I haven't found any new music that I've been excited about. Part of the fun is going to the record store and seeing if they have an album I'm really really excited to have but I just don't really want anything at the moment. 

oh and I'll PM you the links !

I'm not sure if what I'm feeling is the same but I've been pretty down about mine too. I love listening to them too but I haven't found any new music that I've been excited about. Part of the fun is going to the record store and seeing if they have an album I'm really really excited to have but I just don't really want anything at the moment. 

oh and I'll PM you the links !

I love music, and am constantly listening to something new, but for some reason it's just the record side burning me out. I still love going to the record store and looking through records though.

$336 spent for an oil change, tire rotation and air cleaner/filter... plus two hours of sitting at the dealership (got there at 7:25am).

Screw you, Monday morning.

How fuck, that is expensive. Dealerships are such a rip off. A normal shop that is like a $50 job.

yknow when you have a relatively relaxing weekend, and have really felt like you've unwound from a busy shitty week? and yknow when you're in work for a few hours monday morning and all of that just seems to get reversed straight away? that

That's my every week. Having a shitty job does that.

Thomas, new IIOI is amazing. My copy is pretty warped and skips a lot. Gotta take a video for triple crown today.

That sucks, after all that waiting for that to happen. Hopefully they have a black left to send you to replace it. It is fucking awesome though, probably my favorite Evan Weiss album. No EQ and Bible Black are killer, but they are all so fucking good.

I've got to cull through again, I'm broke and got 2 concerts coming up within the next 2 weeks. I made a small list ill probably put on reddit later today after my errands (I'll make sure to link here, but I feel like I get no bites on VC and reddit I sell half my list in a day or 2)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic