Kinda wanted to see Manson on the latest tour but fuck me if I am paying what tickets cost to see Of Mice and Men and Slipknot with him. Wish I got to go when he was with the Pumpkins :/

Hell, I wish I got to go in 2000.

Me too on both of those second statements. I don't really care to see him on the newest tour. plus he played at the moody theatre in Austin with the smashing pumpkins and that's a perfect venue. Late 90's early 2000's

would've been perfect. Prime Manson.

Side note: come on, 5 o'clock.

Me too on both of those second statements. I don't really care to see him on the newest tour. plus he played at the moody theatre in Austin with the smashing pumpkins and that's a perfect venue. Late 90's early 2000's

would've been perfect. Prime Manson.

Side note: come on, 5 o'clock.

Holy Wood is the last album I really liked. I don't get the fascination with Golden Age, I really don't like it much. I might but it if it was RPd, but I dunno. Still looking for copies of Antichrist and Portrait.

I saw Manson a couple times in the early 2000's, it was glorious. I saw him last year on his solo tour for the pale emperor. and he still has it. a few years ago, he did not due to drinking, I believe he had a problem with absinthe, but he's cleaned up for the most part, and is back in form.

Holy Wood is the last album I really liked. I don't get the fascination with Golden Age, I really don't like it much. I might but it if it was RPd, but I dunno. Still looking for copies of Antichrist and Portrait.

Never really gave Golden Age a good listen. I pleasantly enjoyed Eat Me, Drink Me and The Pale Emperor but obviously his earlier work is superior.

Really hoping for a Manson box set to be released this year.

I saw Manson a couple times in the early 2000's, it was glorious. I saw him last year on his solo tour for the pale emperor. and he still has it. a few years ago, he did not due to drinking, I believe he had a problem with absinthe, but he's cleaned up for the most part, and is back in form.

I mean, any of the footage I have seen from recent stuff isn't awful, it's just that he is 50 now and can't do the same dumb/fun shit he did at 25 or 30.

Never really gave Golden Age a good listen. I pleasantly enjoyed Eat Me, Drink Me and The Pale Emperor but obviously his earlier work is superior.

Really hoping for a Manson box set to be released this year.

I am still fucking mad about the RSD Antichrist cassette. Fucking bullshit. Only good thing means that someone who has the rights thinks RPs would be worth a shot, so maybe vinyl is somewhere in the pipeline.

The good news is my upcoming want list is down to 5-6 things this year that I haven't already ordered, so I can pick up some older stuff locally soon.

The bad news is I'm not really looking forward to anything that's coming out this year.

I've got Neurosis box, Old Ramon, Sonic Youth, and the new Teen Suicide coming PO'd/upcoming this year, but the rest is looking pretty dry.

The good news is my upcoming want list is down to 5-6 things this year that I haven't already ordered, so I can pick up some older stuff locally soon.

The bad news is I'm not really looking forward to anything that's coming out this year.

Have a good handful off the top of my head.

Weezer

Sumac

ITTCT

Bossk

Nothing

Bleach tribute.

Cult of Luna

O'Brother

Pity Sex

I would say take that shit no matter what but if they have nothing in place for that kinda stuff can they fire someone just like that?

I was trying not to push it, because I am taking 2 trips next month.. I winded up requesting 11 of the 21 working days of May. (oops?).

I just got an e-mail backing saying "ok" after I sent another e-mail, a text, and went to the other owner to see if anything was mentioned to him.

:D

Back to the airport life. Going to be a long night of flying. Landing in Seattle at 1am. Then a 3 hour drive back to Portland. Then was supposed to work at 5am but my new manager is being super cool and letting me come in at 8 instead. Baller.

Fuck that, I'd have asked for the next day off too. No way I'd be able to work on no sleep.

So I think I'm going to put my 2 weeks in Monday. I can't do it anymore. I have enough cash to last me a year of not working, and I need some me time to travel. I'm sick of feeling stuck, depressed and that my life is a blur. Work kills me too much to enjoy myself outside of it. I'm done, before I become too unhappy to continue on. I never realized how a job can do that to you. I guess I just can't leave and forget it, my brain does not work that way.

Fuck that, I'd have asked for the next day off too. No way I'd be able to work on no sleep.

So I think I'm going to put my 2 weeks in Monday. I can't do it anymore. I have enough cash to last me a year of not working, and I need some me time to travel. I'm sick of feeling stuck, depressed and that my life is a blur. Work kills me too much to enjoy myself outside of it. I'm done, before I become too unhappy to continue on. I never realized how a job can do that to you. I guess I just can't leave and forget it, my brain does not work that way.

Glad you're going to get some time you need. At least you're financially prepared to take care of it too. If you're couch surfing around I'll do my best to have a spot for you but can't promise anything since it isn't my house.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic