I have to do a pre-phone interview, phone interview today. It sounds dumb a hell, but oh well. The weekend goes by way too fast anymore, and I'm not liking it. At least I'm off today, to get some more shit done around the house.

Spinning some Asobu Sesku until I have to do the phone crap.

Good luck!

have you emailed them about it? Looks like people have their copies

Yeah, no response. I'm going to try again if I don't see them by the end of the week.

Good luck!

Thanks!

How do you guys & gals feel about the current state of VC as far as discussions, quality/substance thereof, and overall the people who post?

I ask because over the weekend I had a long-time & regular VCer reach out to me asking to have his account and all deleted as he expressed quite a lot of dismay at the behavior and often aggressiveness by others at times. So much so that some personal attacks were levied upon him and this was the last straw.

Knowing the guy personally outside of VC, hearing all of this and having witnessed it as it all unfolded, really saddened me and of course is of great concern as to what things have devolved to thanks to a few bad apples.

As a whole, I think the current state of the VC is good.

There are some jabronis for sure, but their posts don't get to the point that I would stop wanting to come here.

There are definitely very sarcastic people and very sarcastic posts, but I've never felt personally attacked.

I honestly don't feel it is any different than it has ever been. It's in it's same cycle of up and downs. Sure, there are some people that are too aggressive and seem to go out of their way to attack people, but that's always happened. I generally avoid topics where I know stuff like that will happen (any "VC band" type thread). I don't think it's a major problem, but sure, people could sometimes calm the fuck down and stop being assholes to each other. 

How do you guys & gals feel about the current state of VC as far as discussions, quality/substance thereof, and overall the people who post?

I ask because over the weekend I had a long-time & regular VCer reach out to me asking to have his account and all deleted as he expressed quite a lot of dismay at the behavior and often aggressiveness by others at times. So much so that some personal attacks were levied upon him and this was the last straw.

Knowing the guy personally outside of VC, hearing all of this and having witnessed it as it all unfolded, really saddened me and of course is of great concern as to what things have devolved to thanks to a few bad apples.

That's the important part, I guess.

I feel things worsened around here in the last couple month, tones got rougher and browsing less interesting, but after making good use of the ignore-function and moving outside of those threads that I know will spark my anger, things don't seem so dark for me.

I'm still having awesome discussions with people I genuinely think are great, getting lots and lots of information about upcoming stuff I'm interested in and am generally quite content with this place.

I mean, after all, this is the internet. Things are not gonna be that great. Ever.

I mean I feel like it's always been a little rough around here and conversation rarely remains civil, which is why I gravitate towards this thread. There is an excessive amount of thread crapping on these forums which can be off putting. I mean we all have different tastes and sometimes it's worth a laugh, but it doesn't exactly make you feel good when someone shits on an artist you really like and not everyone has thick skins. I also think the downvoting can fuel the animosity generated between users. I'm not usually for the everyone gets a trophy attitude, but only having upvotes might help decrease the constant bickering over the otherwise trivial feature

I mean I feel like it's always been a little rough around here and conversation rarely remains civil, which is why I gravitate towards this thread. There is an excessive amount of thread crapping on these forums which can be off putting. I mean we all have different tastes and sometimes it's worth a laugh, but it doesn't exactly make you feel good when someone shits on an artist you really like and not everyone has thick skins. I also think the downvoting can fuel the animosity generated between users. I'm not usually for the everyone gets a trophy attitude, but only having upvotes might help decrease the constant bickering over the otherwise trivial feature

I think downvotes are the dumbest, most Kindergarten level of petty bullshit I have ever seen. It's almost comical how it is weaponized around here. I think they should either be removed or have the rules around them set up like Reddit where it is supposed to be used to indicate irrelivent or troll posts instead of just using it to attack people with different opinions

I'd say that this is the operating phrase here. Most of the people here are fine, but there's enough people who just stir shit for the sake of stirring shit that it has become a bit of a hostile environment overall. Also a lot of dumb childish shit too, like I don't remember what thread it was but somehow something in the "Vinyl Collective Message Board" section devolved into people talking about pubes. To stop spam and dumbass shit, some kind of a post count minimum to starting a new thread would help (assuming that is possible on whatever service is hosting the forum) because I think a lot of the toxicity is bred in the stupid threads new members start. I feel that a lot of this scares off new, potentially contributing, members. Granted there are just a lot of jackasses, I think that the hostility towards new members scares off some people who are good and just don't know the ropes yet. Hell, look at some of my early posts. Pretty fucking dumb and at least worth a look for laughs, but now (despite the fact some people don't like me, but whatever, I don't really care) I am liked by at least a decent part of the community, have made some friends that I talk to outside of here, contribute PO information, and buy/sell/trade records. There are some problems with some members in the community, but I honestly have no clue how to address it because there isn't really a way to take care of it based on how the current rules (or lack thereof) are setup, and the fact that your Evil Overlord SRC probably wouldn't let you wave around the magical banhammer to clean things up like that (not that I even necessarily think that's the best answer anyhow)

I mean, after all, this is the internet. Things are not gonna be that great. Ever.

I agree with this completely.

Like any forum or topic, there are certain things I will hold back from saying that will get me shit on or threads to stay away from that I know will be a shit show.

It's not exactly easy to police these types of things... everybody will react differently. Something that I think is being aggressive and attacking, someone else could read as being sarcastic and funny.

I agree with this completely.

Like any forum or topic, there are certain things I will hold back from saying that will get me shit on or threads to stay away from that I know will be a shit show.

It's not exactly easy to police these types of things... everybody will react differently. Something that I think is being aggressive and attacking, someone else could read as being sarcastic and funny.

I think that's a thing too. A lot of hostile shit is being played off by posters as "it's just a joke br0" but everyone else knows damn well what was meant. That's a point too, it is the internet, shit is fucked, and you need a thick skin. Not to say those that don't are wrong, just that there isn't always something that can be done. I've had to leave and take a breath before not from the harassment but just frustration from a number of things.

Funny thing is, I've had varying degrees of annoyance with people on here, but I don't think I've ever personally seen an attack. I always manage to miss them if they're public. Threatening someone on the internet is not only lame, but pretty fucking pathetic. Those kind of people need to get their shit in order. I'm all for calling someone am asshole, but threatening someone cause there opinion is different than yours is crossing the line. For fucks sake, this is a record forum. Why are things getting heated so much it even calls for that? What are these people talking about that is leading to this? 'I get it, you really like Brand New, but I think they're garbage. You don't need to threaten to find where I live.'

Funny thing is, I've had varying degrees of annoyance with people on here, but I don't think I've ever personally seen an attack. I always manage to miss them if they're public. Threatening someone on the internet is not only lame, but pretty fucking pathetic. Those kind of people need to get their shit in order. I'm all for calling someone am asshole, but threatening someone cause there opinion is different than yours is crossing the line. For fucks sake, this is a record forum. Why are things getting heated so much it even calls for that? What are these people talking about that is leading to this? 'I get it, you really like Brand New, but I think they're garbage. You don't need to threaten to find where I live.'

Jesse is God's gift to music and I will personally come fuck you up with a copy of Deja until you understand.

*heated debate about Brand New and religion in the middle of a thread about Queen lyrics a new PTV album*

JK, I think they are the most okay thing ever.

Asking a mod to delete your account is pretty lame tho. Use some self control and just stop coming here.

I don't know who it is so I can't speak on it for sure, but that setup sounds more like someone trying to make a point to the mods than just not wanting to be around anymore. Kinda like that shit show of a thread that was Satan "leaving".

Jesse is God's gift to music and I will personally come fuck you up with a copy of Deja until you understand.

*heated debate about Brand New and religion in the middle of a thread about Queen lyrics a new PTV album*

JK, I think they are the most okay thing ever.

Think they would break an OG Deja to slit my wrists?

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic