I sometimes wonder if I did irreparable damage to myself experimenting with various things and smoking regularly -  and then daily - all through high school. Maybe it's foolish thinking, but I am curious if I would have ended up where I am if I hadn't.

Long story short, I think it's respectable what y'all do @DOMAN127@Issei Hyoudou @Professor Finn

Yeah I don't ever plan of smoking anything because I like living... and even when I can drink legally I doubt it'll be anything harder than what I've already had (hard cider which is good stuff).
And @Dave Grohl makes a great point about how much money it costs to buy that stuff and I'd rather spend that money on stuff like more records or -when I'm a bit older- rent and a car and gas or whatever, that's one of the reasons I don't drink coffee because that shit's like $5 a cup.

2 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Yeah I don't ever plan of smoking anything because I like living... and even when I can drink legally I doubt it'll be anything harder than what I've already had (hard cider which is good stuff).
And @Dave Grohl makes a great point about how much money it costs to buy that stuff and I'd rather spend that money on stuff like more records or -when I'm a bit older- rent and a car and gas or whatever, that's one of the reasons I don't drink coffee because that shit's like $5 a cup.

To be fair, smoking weed won't kill you :P and it is genuinely fun. You shouldn't feel pressured into anything though, and I'm just generally tired of hearing about how much weed everyone smokes day in and day out. My most frequented thread is the stoner/doom thread and we don't even talk about it that much in there.

5 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Ok, I get where everyone is coming from but I feel we should intervene here...hard cider? Please tell me you're not talking about like Angry Orchard level stuff. Either way: sugar bad. I think my main point is that you guys are all super young. You'll change and branch out. Not saying you should become a hard drinker or anything, but there's a whole world out there.

Also, you can drink amazing coffee for way less than $5 a cup.

Also, rent/food/car stuff all comes before vices as far as money goes.

My girlfriend and I spend MAYBE $100 a month between booze/weed so it's mostly negligible as far as what else we could do with that money. (I did the math and it's about $70 a month. Pretty reasonable vice budget for two people to split)

2 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I just noticed the places he chose had legalized it so I figured I'd give him some shit.

I think I've gotten serious a few times, told Rez I'm just joking with him and that I support his decision to stay away from drugs/alcohol in high school. It's smart. I did the same thing (outside of getting stoned twice). I think that's why I like to poke fun, because I remember that mindset. I didn't have a drink until I was 20 either, actually.

The Pig Destroyer is a high quality package. I've been really stoked on all the recent Pig Destroyer reissues.

I'm just poking fuck back. <3

Awesome. Grave Dancer came on and I was like 'fuck, how did I forget how good this is...'.

49 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Do what you want, don't do what you don't want. Your bodies, your choices. I think Matt is just tired of the "420 all the time, bruh! Fuckin' blaze all day," shit, and honestly I am too. We get it. Weed is fun. Woo.

Yeah, pretty much hit the nail on the head.

49 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Do what you want, don't do what you don't want. Your bodies, your choices. I think Matt is just tired of the "420 all the time, bruh! Fuckin' blaze all day," shit, and honestly I am too. We get it. Weed is fun. Woo.

49 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I'm just poking fuck back. <3

Awesome. Grave Dancer came on and I was like 'fuck, how did I forget how good this is...'.

Pig Destroyer are god damn perfect. Especially Proweler and Terrifyer.

Starbelly is easily one of the best songs ever. Much like January 1979, I will almost never make a playlist without it.

2 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

A lot of my friends that I go to shows with waste a ton of money on booze and drugs. It's hard to get anyone to go to a show that's more than ten bucks because they're broke all the time. It sucks. :/

That's lame. I did that shit in my early 20s and never again. It fucking sucks.

Kids don't know how to buy cases of Old English anymore or what? $12ish used to get 3 of us good and drunk for 2 nights. throw in another $20 for weed and we could stretch it to 3 when I was a kid. That's like...a week's worth of fun for $10 each, so we always had money for shows too!.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Kids don't know how to buy cases of Old English anymore or what? $12ish used to get 3 of us good and drunk for 2 nights. throw in another $20 for weed and we could stretch it to 3 when I was a kid. That's like...a week's worth of fun for $10 each, so we always had money for shows too!.

Kids these days with their craft beers and "dabs" or whatever smh 

7 hours ago, Professor Finn said:

Sure you don't, even I've had a few drinks here and there.

Eh, nothing that'd really amount to enough to get smashed on. I've had like a sip of beer, a glass of wine, and I always drink the amaretto when we make tiramisu at holidays because that's some good shit but it's more sweet than booze. I more meant drinking with a goal of getting drunk though

6 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Oh Rez. That'll all change one day. Don't forget, you gotta shoot me a text the first time you 420 blaze it bro. 

Haha, we've had that deal for a while. If I ever smoke I'll give you a call and you can laugh at me <3

5 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Dude, stop bothering people about smoking weed. Especially when it's a 16yr kid who doesn't give a fuck about it. Haha. Not everyone smokes. If he wants to, he will. I didn't smoke until i was like 25, and I didn't take my first drink till I was 20. Who gives a shit. @Issei Hyoudou smoking and drinking is a waste of money anyway. You're good, dude.

Also, I forgot how good that Pig Destroyer album is. I'm probably going to have to pick it up at some point. How is the quality on it, Bruce?

It's cool dude, I know he's just fucking with me. Who knows where I'll be in college or in another 10 years. I joke about the #str8edglyfe but that's all it is, a joke. I am really completely indifferent towards anything of that nature. I don't care if you do it, I don't care if you don't, and I don't give enough of a shit to actively seek it out. I'd say part of it too is that right now I have a pretty damn good bit of freedom because my mom trusts me since there's never really been any issue and I have a pretty good head on my shoulders. If I were at a party or something then maybe I'd consider it, but that isn't really my scene. I dunno, I'm kinda antisocial and social stuff tends to stress me out (and virtual hugs to @NapalmBrain for listening to my shit <3<3). I don't really have any family that I completely look up to or anything. I just kinda forge my own path on my own and am pretty happy with where that's gotten me. I mean, I have an awesome record collection, my own laptop, can play the guitar, and have a job (and I pay for most of my "fun" purchases). From what I've seen I've got my shit more together than most people my age in pretty much every aspect other than my social life and I've been trying to work on that a bit because I'm a bit too antisocial. To be fair, I'm in a lot better of a home situation than a lot of people, I mean, other than having most of my family being shitty people everything else is stable. I dunno, I'm weird but I'm pretty happy with where I am at in my life outside of a few aspects that I have been trying to work on. If you give a shit shoot me a text and I'll dig into detail.

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I just noticed the places he chose had legalized it so I figured I'd give him some shit.

I think I've gotten serious a few times, told Rez I'm just joking with him and that I support his decision to stay away from drugs/alcohol in high school. It's smart. I did the same thing (outside of getting stoned twice). I think that's why I like to poke fun, because I remember that mindset. I didn't have a drink until I was 20 either, actually.

The Pig Destroyer is a high quality package. I've been really stoked on all the recent Pig Destroyer reissues.

I know you're just fucking with me. We're cool. I honestly really enjoy being able to come here and have intelligent conversation with people who have more life experience than me and aren't fucking crazy (my family). I've learned a lot about things, made some friends, and having you guys to talk to has done a lot to help unbrainwash me from the crazy Fox News bullshit that runs rampant in my house. I appreciate that people give enough of a shit about me to deal with my dumb teenager shit and help talk me through stuff. Most adults around me are either crazy (family again) or just kinda blow me off (except a few guys at work who are really cool, remind me to tell you about that later. Really great guys). I've made some great friends through here and now have some people who I can actually get real advice from who have perspective and experience if I need it. Got kinda rambly because this is like comment #12 I am replying to but tl;dr I love you guys <3.

4 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Well I feel like a loser, I got stoned and drunk for the first time at 14.

Eh, who cares? You're a functioning adult now, and trying shit young isn't inherently bad as long as it doesn't get like Brucie described below. We still love you <3

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I got stoned at 15 and again at 16. Might've done it twice when I was 16, actually. Nothing wrong with trying it early.

I just think it's something you can handle better when you're older. I saw a few kids go too hard in like Freshman year of college and fuck things up for themselves. I watched my best friend's little brother and his social circle turn into non-stop stoners in junior/senior year of high school and most of those kids were a complete mess for a few years. Mostly by just being too stoned all the time. Few of them tried to be college campus kingpins and failed spectacularly. Couple just went broke, a couple got busted for coke and kicked out of school. I think like 19-21 is a good time to start experimenting and partying, depending on the person. But I also think it's something worth trying. It's fun and even if you only do it a handful of times, it's worth the experience. 

To quote One Hundred Year Ocean "Who wants to see this shitty world clearly?"

I like to think I've got a decent head on my shoulders compared to a bunch of other people my age (and can say the same about my dealings with @DOMAN127 and @Professor Finn) so I don't think I'd end up that far down that road but I don't know. There isn't anything wrong with trying it early at all, I just don't really have any desire to. .It's just something I'm really indifferent towards.

3 hours ago, chkadea said:

I sometimes wonder if I did irreparable damage to myself experimenting with various things and smoking regularly -  and then daily - all through high school. Maybe it's foolish thinking, but I am curious if I would have ended up where I am if I hadn't.

Long story short, I think it's respectable what y'all do @DOMAN127@Issei Hyoudou @Professor Finn

I mean, it isn't really something I'm going out of my way to do. I don't inherently have anything against drinking/smoking/whatever, it's just not something I really have any interest in seeking out. If the circumstances were right I might consider it, but I haven't really been in a situation where I wanted to. I've got some stoner friends but they're a bunch of fucking morons so hanging with them outside to smoke doesn't really hold any appeal and it sure isn't something I care enough about to figure out logistically how to do it on my own.

And regardless of whatever you think about your current situation or where you are in life, you turned out fine as a person. I enjoy talking to you and you are always a positive voice around here. I mean, I can second guess any number of decisions I've made in my life and wonder what'd be different. I'm sure you gained some important experience/perspective from it if nothing else. Dunno, either way it doesn't matter now, just use whatever you took away from the experience to help guide you in the future <something something insert more inspirational dialogue here>. <3

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

See my last reply to Matt, same thing basically.

3 hours ago, Professor Finn said:

Coffee is the shit. Also see my ramble right  below here for a reply to the other part of your statement

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

To be fair, smoking weed won't kill you :P and it is genuinely fun. You shouldn't feel pressured into anything though, and I'm just generally tired of hearing about how much weed everyone smokes day in and day out. My most frequented thread is the stoner/doom thread and we don't even talk about it that much in there.

The way I look at it I am going to die eventually anyhow, might as well enjoy my time as long as I don't do anything too stupid. Smoking still is bad for your lungs, but a little weed here and there isn't any worse than an occasional night of heavy drinking or having a burger and fries. It's all relative and very few things are outright awful. Moderation is key.

Speaking of which, I only have a few years left of teenager metabolism. I eat like total shit but can get away with it because I'm growing. I really should be better about that but now I am totally off track. That's what I get for replying to 13-14 comments :S

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Ok, I get where everyone is coming from but I feel we should intervene here...hard cider? Please tell me you're not talking about like Angry Orchard level stuff. Either way: sugar bad. I think my main point is that you guys are all super young. You'll change and branch out. Not saying you should become a hard drinker or anything, but there's a whole world out there.

Also, you can drink amazing coffee for way less than $5 a cup.

Coffee is my fucking shit.

2 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I mean, it does get a bit old but it doesn't really hurt anyone. I know I talk about shit nobody really cares about sometimes but the way I look at it we're all at least somewhat friends and I talk to my friends about what I am excited about, and if it's a god damn Haruhi blu ray set then I will make a few posts about a fucking Haruhi blu ray set (because holy shit I am hyped). Point is that even if I don't really give a shit about the topic I still give a shit to an extent because I give a shit about you guys <3. That being said I do try to keep it in check.

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Pig Destroyer are god damn perfect. Especially Proweler and Terrifyer.

Starbelly is easily one of the best songs ever. Much like January 1979, I will almost never make a playlist without it.

Based on what I've seen @Professor Finn talk about and I see in his Insta feed I am pretty sure Pig Destroyer would traumatize him. It's some good shit though, you got me hooked. Thank god for RPs.

1 hour ago, Youinreverse said:

A lot of my friends that I go to shows with waste a ton of money on booze and drugs. It's hard to get anyone to go to a show that's more than ten bucks because they're broke all the time. It sucks. :/

That's part of my thing. I'm 16, I should be investing in diversifying my vinyl portfolio, not booze and drugs. Something something vinyl's's's' joke.

Edited by Issei Hyoudou

god damn broken site double posting my long ass ramble...

Guess I'll say it here instead of adding it in an edit to my other post...

Got my NMH box set in today and am spinning it now. Ended up spending way more money than I'd planned on spending total for the next couple months in the past two weeks because of some crazy deals coming up that I knew I'd be kicking myself for forever if I passed on (scratched a few white whales off my list. Yes, plural) for on average half of the going rate. NMH set wasn't one of them, but I've been eyeballing it for a long time and found a used one for $80 instead of $100+ off the site+their dumb shipping.

Next week will be a mail week to be remembered for the ages.

Edited by Issei Hyoudou

7 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Impressed and proud of you, Rez, for not breaking that up into 100-some smaller posts.

How else would I trivially up the size of my penis my post count? /s

really though that was because the old mobile site didn't work well on my phone so I was always on desktop view and that didn't work quite right either so that was the easiest way for me to reply to things and it didn't always let me edit posts or would sometimes not save it right. Now with my new phone and the new mobile view it works better even if the site is glitchy overall. Dunno why it bothered people so much, that is a pretty massive wall of text too and it would be almost the same size as individual replies (though in this case that'd be a bit excessive just for the sake of artificially inflating the length of the thread (page number wise)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic