2 hours ago, lastvaultboy said:

@Dave Grohl Records have arrived safe and sound mate. Thanks so much for doing that for me (the missus says thank you aswell - she's already spun it through and loves it!). Really appreciate it, left some feedback for you.

I was just thinking about those last night. Glad to hear they arrived safely. Tell her no problem. Glad I could help out. I'll leave you feedback this evening, bud. 

Also, for anyone that wears skinny jeans like me, since I'm skinny, levis has real skinny jeans again. The 510s got bigger and bigger over the years and it bugged the shit out of me. I'm a thin dude and like skinny jeans so they were perfect until they changed. But they have the 519s which are like how the old skinny jeans used to be. They say extremely skinny but they aren't skin tight, just super narrow. Man, I'm so happy. I hate pants with any baggyness to them. Highly recommend them if you're after skinny jeans. 

Also, for anyone that wears skinny jeans like me, since I'm skinny, levis has real skinny jeans again. The 510s got bigger and bigger over the years and it bugged the shit out of me. I'm a thin dude and like skinny jeans so they were perfect until they changed. But they have the 519s which are like how the old skinny jeans used to be. They say extremely skinny but they aren't skin tight, just super narrow. Man, I'm so happy. I hate pants with any baggyness to them. Highly recommend them if you're after skinny jeans. 

57 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I appreciate that the 711s are actually tight around ankles, which is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to skinny jeans, but it seems like it's next to impossible to find 29x28 in a wash that isn't completely heinous from them, or made out of legging material.

1 hour ago, Dave Grohl said:

I appreciate that the 711s are actually tight around ankles, which is my biggest pet peeve when it comes to skinny jeans, but it seems like it's next to impossible to find 29x28 in a wash that isn't completely heinous from them, or made out of legging material.

Clothe talk! I'm a "slim" guy when it come to clothes. Can't do "skinny" any more. Shits too tight.

Went to get some clothes for work today, forgot to buy pants because I got so excited about shirts. 40% off my favorite shirt which I'm replacing, and 75% off a plain blue button down, slim fit...40% off ties. Moral of the story: Macy's is having a great one-day sale. If you need work clothes, and wear button downs, etc. regularly, go there immediately.

Clothe talk! I'm a "slim" guy when it come to clothes. Can't do "skinny" any more. Shits too tight.

Went to get some clothes for work today, forgot to buy pants because I got so excited about shirts. 40% off my favorite shirt which I'm replacing, and 75% off a plain blue button down, slim fit...40% off ties. Moral of the story: Macy's is having a great one-day sale. If you need work clothes, and wear button downs, etc. regularly, go there immediately.

2 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

That's where I got my Levis from. : )

Everything I've gotten lately has been on sale and I love it. Dicks was having a sale so I got two pairs of Nike compression shorts, and a pair of running shorts that I use as lounge shorts. Then I got a pair of Nike SB Kostons for $75 that were originally $110. They are so comfy and my knees are loving the support. Then I got those Levis from Macys for $50 instead of $80. Good deals. I rarely buy clothes so it's weird to but all this, but I'm glad I saved a good amount.

Anybody have a band/artist that you just...collect and you're not really sure why? For whatever reason, I always grab Bob Dylan records when I see them for cheap. Grabbed a mono, US 1st press of The Times They Are A-Changin' at Goodwill today. I'll listen to it once or twice, then into the bottomless collection pit it will go.

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Anybody have a band/artist that you just...collect and you're not really sure why? For whatever reason, I always grab Bob Dylan records when I see them for cheap. Grabbed a mono, US 1st press of The Times They Are A-Changin' at Goodwill today. I'll listen to it once or twice, then into the bottomless collection pit it will go.

I kinda find myself running into something similar to the second half of that sometimes. I have so many records and probably haven't listened to a fair number in a while but any time I try to thin it out a bit I can't bring myself to part with many if anything and the ones I do get rid of are generally ones I figured I'd get out of HT clearance or whatever for really cheap and intended on trading them somewhere or at a local shop or whatever at some point after maybe a listen or two. First world problems...

This month is going to quite possibly be my best mail month ever though

1 minute ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

I kinda find myself running into something similar to the second half of that sometimes. I have so many records and probably haven't listened to a fair number in a while but any time I try to thin it out a bit I can't bring myself to part with many if anything and the ones I do get rid of are generally ones I figured I'd get out of HT clearance or whatever for really cheap and intended on trading them somewhere or at a local shop or whatever at some point after maybe a listen or two. First world problems...

This month is going to quite possibly be my best mail month ever though

I've got some books coming in the mail this month...

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I've got some books coming in the mail this month...

I got a job plus I unloaded a few expensive things (ETID to Brian, Periphery I because I didn't spin it enough to justify keeping it around at the pricepoint it's at and I have a feeling a RP is inbound). Not to mention I have no bills, etc. We've already talked about that before though. Bunch of stuff I have been looking for came up at really solid prices.

Speaking of books, I have to pick a book for English to read this summer and the requirements are that it be by an American author (American Lit class), 200 pages or more, and "not 50 Shades of Grey". Have anything in mind you think I'd enjoy?

9 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

I got a job plus I unloaded a few expensive things (ETID to Brian, Periphery I because I didn't spin it enough to justify keeping it around at the pricepoint it's at and I have a feeling a RP is inbound). Not to mention I have no bills, etc. We've already talked about that before though. Bunch of stuff I have been looking for came up at really solid prices.

Speaking of books, I have to pick a book for English to read this summer and the requirements are that it be by an American author (American Lit class), 200 pages or more, and "not 50 Shades of Grey". Have anything in mind you think I'd enjoy?

I've been slowly working through the books in the Ender Saga, alternating them with other books. Ender's Game could be an easy/reasonably fun read for you. :)

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic