The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Oh man I'm shaking in my online boots

Looks like you've chosen B.

Awesome, I was hoping you would pick that. I'll take you off ignore tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you continue to whine and cry and try and play your little victim card, figured I was doing you a favor but it appears that really wasn't what you wanted.

Looks like you've chosen B.

Awesome, I was hoping you would pick that. I'll take you off ignore tomorrow. Look forward to seeing you continue to whine and cry and try and play your little victim card, figured I was doing you a favor but it appears that really wasn't what you wanted.

Congratulations bro, you've officially taken the role of online douchebag message board bully to new heights I never thought possible before. Great job!

If anyone needs to glue a jacket and you're concerned about the "collectibility" of your records use an acid free rubber cement. If done correctly, no one will ever know. Then...PROFIT.

I'm not concerned about "collectibility," I just want to make it seem like it was glued professionally. If I wanted collectibility, I wouldn't have taken it out of the shrink wrap.

Rubber cement is a good idea. Well, better than glue sticks anyway. I'll research more on gluing records tomorrow.

Guest deleted

Here is a quick FAQ, you can link to this post every couple pages as people inevitably ask the same questions over and over. You can link directly to it here: http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/83343-mondo-records-thread/page-221#entry1882195

Let me know if I missed anything. 

Q: When does this go on sale?

A: At a random time on June 11th. Typically that random time is between 11:30am and Noon EST.

Q: How do I get the Dilophosaurus version?

A: Version A is black with a triple color variant, the Dilophosaurus. There is no way to guarantee whether you get the colored or the black, the colored variant is randomly inserted. Mondo has suggested that variants make up 1/3 of the total run. You've got a 33% chance if you order one copy, obviously you chance becomes higher when you order two. 

Q: So should I order two and sell the other?

A: If you want. I can tell you from experience ordering 2 does not gaurantee a variant, though mathematically speaking it should greatly improve your odds. Keep in mind for most releases the black version will not sell for much on eBay, often under retail for the months following a release. 

Q: How do I get the Amber version?

If you are after the Amber variant (Version B) that will probably be available online in more limited quantities. It will not be randomly inserted and will be listed as a unique SKU on the website. So long as it is in stock you can order it and not have to worry about randomly inserted mumbo jumbo. 

Past experience suggests that Amber will be available first to Austin residents with the remainder hitting the website at the same time as version A. This has not been made explicit by Mondo so it is an educated guess.

This is will sell out much faster than version A. That is also an educated guess. 

Q: How many can I order?

A: Usually two copies per order, there is no limit on the amount of orders you can place. I think they have limited LPs to one per order in the past so they may do that with Version B. I doubt they'll do that with Version A.

Q: How long will this take to ship?

A: Probably not faster than a week and probably not longer than a month.

Q: I don't want to pay $7 in shipping, can I get this locally or somewhere else online?

A: No. This release is exclusive through the Mondo website.

Q: Why are you presenting opinion as fact?

A: I tried to avoid that. Fuck off.

Worst thread ever.

No thanks for creating this abortion of a thread JzeffersonFxuxupwell.