The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

Yeah, both were at events...but I think the con will have a significantly larger turn out than a gallery opening. Not saying at all that it will sell out there, just that it is more likely that many more will be sold!

I've always kind of assumed they held at least a little stock back for online. I think everything at Mondocon hit online last year. I can't think of an event exclusive that hasn't hit the web yet and it seems crazy that the reason would be that they couldn't sell them through.

There could be one for sure. I just can't think of it.

I've always kind of assumed they held at least a little stock back for online. I think everything at Mondocon hit online last year. I can't think of an event exclusive that hasn't hit the web yet and it seems crazy that the reason would be that they couldn't sell them through.

There could be one for sure. I just can't think of it.

Test presses

My comparison to the JP release was just based on the # of copies.  It was released at a free listening party with far more access than a show where people have to pay 45 bucks a day to get in.  There's going to be so much money floating around that room that there is no way that all of those AODs get sold - too much other stuff to spend $$$ on.  Plus, aside from that, the demand for the AOD score is clearly marginal compared to that of Jurassic Park.

My comparison to the JP release was just based on the # of copies.  It was released at a free listening party with far more access than a show where people have to pay 45 bucks a day to get in.  There's going to be so much money floating around that room that there is no way that all of those AODs get sold - too much other stuff to spend $$$ on.  Plus, aside from that, the demand for the AOD score is clearly marginal compared to that of Jurassic Park.

I doubt people really made an effort to get to the JP gallery opening/event unless they lived close to Austin. MondoCon is much bigger and there are definitely more people willing to spend travel cash for it. They sold about half of the DNA variant at the event even though JP was released previously. I agree JP has a lot more demand but I can see 1000 copies of AOD going (or close to that). Just my two cents. 

It is really hard to judge what will sell out there, as there is a TON of stuff from so many great artist and labels.

But yeah a small local listening party is much different than a convention that people are flying into from around the world.

Not saying they are all flying in for AoD, and it's probably item about #40 on my want list...but it will be on a lot of folks lists.

Other than the Mr. Freeze 7" can anyone tell me of any other release they didn't get put online? Every other release they've had (not counting posters/prints) that has been at any sort of con has gone online at some point right? I understand wanting Army of Darkness early, but is there any reason to believe that it wouldn't be put online? 

They tweeted a few people saying that it could sell out at MondoCon and that the only way to guarantee a copy is to pick it up there. They have definitely grown over the last year and if you really want the variant its best to not take chances. I'm sure all extra's will go up but what if its only like 200? That would be pretty difficult to snag online. Can always go black.