The Mondo Records Thread - You think limited? Will sell fast?

speaking of, i finally framed mine this weekend... hot damn that's a gorgeous print.

good luck on the drop!

speaking of, i finally framed mine this weekend... hot damn that's a gorgeous print.

good luck on the drop!

I used to own The Watch The World Burn Print and until you see it in person its hard to tell how amazingly beautiful this print is in person I would love to get this print back eventually. It's small compared to the 24x36 prints but you don't even notice it because it's so awesome looking. I wish Edmistons Halloween prints weren't so expensive but thats not too far off from what alot of artists carge for their AP's plus Edmiston is above and beyond most other Mondo artists. So I take it this is the one MondoCon print that won't make it onto the Mondo site then, unfortunetly.

Those Edmiston's will sell out instantly. There's 70 of them. Even at a $150 price tag, they're probably gonna turn around to be flipped for $500+ based on the rarity.

I think Jason should charge even more for them. Why should he sell something at a low price so that someone else can instantly buy it and re-sell it for a huge profit? Even at $150 people will immediately be able to double or triple their investment. This is his job, not a hobby.

You're high on drugs if u think those are gonna be flipped for $500. It's Jason flippin Edmiston we're talking about here, relax... :P

Didn't really like his "Watch the World Burn" print. It was one of the smaller prints at the Batman Gallery and the most expensive. I did just cop a Evil Dead 2 though and i love it to death.

it's the perfect size--fits perfectly above my dresser. also, mondo giclees are always more expensive than screenprints.

You're high on drugs if u think those are gonna be flipped for $500. It's Jason flippin Edmiston we're talking about here, relax... :P

I agree that Jason's stuff isn't held in very high esteem by much of the Mondo fanbase, but the reg version has already gone as high as $360 from what I see on EB.  Factoring in how limited this will be and the panic that the un-initiated will ultimately feel that this will become the next Ken Taylor and I won't be shocked to see a couple sell at that price.  I hope I'm wrong, since I'll probably fail at the drop and have to pick one up on the secondary market.

I agree that Jason's stuff isn't held in very high esteem by much of the Mondo fanbase, but the reg version has already gone as high as $360 from what I see on EB.  Factoring in how limited this will be and the panic that the un-initiated will ultimately feel that this will become the next Ken Taylor and I won't be shocked to see a couple sell at that price.  I hope I'm wrong, since I'll probably fail at the drop and have to pick one up on the secondary market.

I was just about to say this. The regular print is selling for $300+ there's no doubt these will go for more if not now then eventually. Could definetly become the next Ken Taylor. I don't know how anyone can not like Edmiston in the Mondo Fanbase he is one of my favorite along with Durieux, Stout, Tong, Taylor, Kelly and Whalen has some awesome and some not so great prints.

Has anyone got their Jurassic World shipment confirmation yet? I thought these were supposed to go out late last week/early this week? 

No I haven't received any shipping confirmation yet getting a little frustrated about it. And I ordered it the day it went on sale, I got shipping confirmation on My Black Swan Print last week tho. I definetly expected Jurassic World to ship first last I heard was they will be shipping in the middle of October.

I was just about to say this. The regular print is selling for $300+ there's no doubt these will go for more if not now then eventually. Could definetly become the next Ken Taylor. I don't know how anyone can not like Edmiston in the Mondo Fanbase he is one of my favorite along with Durieux, Stout, Tong, Taylor, Kelly and Whalen has some awesome and some not so great prints.

Personally not too into his work though this Halloween one and his Joker print are 2 that stand out as ones I wouldn't mind owning.

However, I've often heard that the actual quality of his prints is generally pretty lousy. Not sure if that issue has been corrected recently though since I really don't follow his work?

Personally not too into his work though this Halloween one and his Joker print are 2 that stand out as ones I wouldn't mind owning.

However, I've often heard that the actual quality of his prints is generally pretty lousy. Not sure if that issue has been corrected recently though since I really don't follow his work?

I've only ever owned one Edmiston Print The Joker "Watch The World Burn" Giclee and it was super high quality and amazingly gorgeous. I can't speak to the quality of any of his other prints tho. Until you actually have it in person it's impossible to tell the quality and how good these print look.