PO: My Bloody Valentine - New Album 180 gram

I feel like it would've been so much more practical to "build your bundle" with this pre-order.  Is it great that they're offering the album on multiple mediums, including lossless digital files?  Absolutely.  Does everyone need or want a copy of the album on every possible format?  Definitely not.

A shit load! Never sold out online shop and a ton of local stores are getting copies through distributors!!!!

It's a mass pressing for sure

yep.  This combined with the price helped me decide to hold off.  It's a great album, but that price sucks, and I don't need every format imaginable.  I'm sure this will show up discounted at distros later in the year.

yep.  This combined with the price helped me decide to hold off.  It's a great album, but that price sucks, and I don't need every format imaginable.  I'm sure this will show up discounted at distros later in the year.

Price doesn't suck because it comes with a CD and a 24 bit download.  Do you know how much 24 bit downloads cost if you were to buy them separately?

Price doesn't suck because it comes with a CD and a 24 bit download.  Do you know how much 24 bit downloads cost if you were to buy them separately?

That's the point.  I don't need every format imaginable.  The record alone would have sufficed.  The CD is pointless if they are including 24-bit download

i think it was a bit misleading that the original post on the website said "limited pressing", then after the site crash and all of the initial orders that part sort of just disappeared. It has to have sold at least 2000 considering all of the initial hype.

Who cares? Something being limited doesn't make it better. It's limited as far as distribution goes either way.

Who cares? Something being limited doesn't make it better. It's limited as far as distribution goes either way.

In a way it does make it better. If an artist prints something in an edition of 100, its much more valuable than if its printed in mass. The same applies to vinyl. If they say its "limited" to convince you to buy it, only to find out its not limited. Doesn't necessarily make the music better, but I could have possibly lived with just the digital format if I knew.

That's the point.  I don't need every format imaginable.  The record alone would have sufficed.  The CD is pointless if they are including 24-bit download

CD for your car

24 bit for your DAC

Vinyl for your TT

Point is, none are pointless if you have a use for all 3

In a way it does make it better. If an artist prints something in an edition of 100, its much more valuable than if its printed in mass. The same applies to vinyl. If they say its "limited" to convince you to buy it, only to find out its not limited. Doesn't necessarily make the music better, but I could have possibly lived with just the digital format if I knew.

I agree promoting something as "limited" is total BS if in fact it wasn't limited to begin with, though "limited" can be a very vague phrase when no numbers were actually given.  That said, I was gonna buy the vinyl if it were 10 copies or 10,000