THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Not craziness and not specific to eBay...but this is the closest thread where I can vent.

Please grade your records conservatively.  Or just accurately.  I don't want to spend my time filling out eBay refund requests because a seller thinks EX/NM is a default grade that means "record not broken in half or three pieces".

Carry on.

I'm nearing on 15 years buying/selling/trading records. I'm only moderately confident now with grading, and I've had a lot of records pass through my hands because of buying collections. It's an art and because the hobby is bigger now, more dodos will be trying to sell their "investment". 

Mint does not mean 'only played/handled a few times'!

To avoid any potential discrepancies, I asked a Discogs seller about their Mint grade on a particular record and asked if he/she could confirm if the record has any marks or wear that might place it below the Mint grade...his or her reply:

Yes, it's mint/mint. If there's ever any damage when items are received from the distributor or bends, scratches, etc, when we are handling, we don't send the damaged item. We're pretty strict about not sending out damaged items.

So...the grade scale is 'perfect Mint' or 'so damaged it has to be returned to the distributor/destroyed in an insurance fire'.  

No in between.  

Either, they are refusing to sell a ton of very reasonable NM/VG+ records out of a high ethical standard or their definition of Mint is 'it's not defective, broken, or damaged beyond salability'.  

Wonder which one it is.

I also like how they didn't include any specific info that would confirm they actually checked the specific record I was asking about.

I'm slowly being forced to be a loyal Amazon buyer 4 life.

Ugh, can't believe I got this amazon for only 11.99, did they not know what they were selling?  I really walked away with a deal.

/sarcasm

I don't know what's more scary, the fact that it sold for $53 or the fact that there were 39 bids.  

I just opened my copy a couple days ago.  I should have kept it sealed and could of offered it to the 2nd highest bidder for $52 (Letting him know it comes from a smoke free household of course)