THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151643304287?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This was a weird one. Sat so low for so long. I didn't want to pay $200 for those 8 LP's, but now I wish I had. Not that great of a deal but I don't have any of the RATM original pressings. 

the used 'self titled' and 'in love & death' sell for over $100 on ebay and 'lies for the liars' sells for just under $100. 

their other 3 albums and 2 eps sell for closer to $30. but those first 3 have some value to them alright!

Holy shit! I knew that the S/T had been going for some crazy amounts, but I just got ILAD for $20 from Amazon back in September and Lies for the Liar for $10 on ebay sealed in December.

No sales though.  They might have just put them on there to test the water or flipped them on eBay.

Pretty sure they've been sold. It's just that Discogs isn't that fast updating the "last sold" section (same goes btw for the statistics section). Actually I know for a fact that a friend bought one of these..

Pretty sure they've been sold. It's just that Discogs isn't that fast updating the "last sold" section (same goes btw for the statistics section). Actually I know for a fact that a friend bought one of these..

Friends don't let friends buy shitty $300 Brand New records.

I think discogs takes about 30 days to update those sections.... I've bought a few items listed that had no sale history and watched for it to update, took about a month

I think discogs takes about 30 days to update those sections.... I've bought a few items listed that had no sale history and watched for it to update, took about a month

Yeah, it's sometimes even more than that. They wait until 5 days after the billing cycle, which I believe starts on the 5th of each month. I think the idea being that technically, I could buy the dude's $100K Brand New record, and never pay for it, so unless the seller pays the fees on the item, it doesn't count as a sale. Any time I've had a non-paying buyer, the item no longer counts as sold. 

So I managed to pick this album up at my local flea market the other day and I decided to take a look on ebay to see what they go for, this one made me laugh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Verve-A-northern-soul-UK-first-pressing-HUT-records-EX-lp-/171745470694?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fcd3e8e6

Sleeve condition : VG++           has a water damage on bottom right corner and some color peeling on front ( right up corner ) otherwise the rest of the cover is very clean with clean & sharp edges . 

So I managed to pick this album up at my local flea market the other day and I decided to take a look on ebay to see what they go for, this one made me laugh

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Verve-A-northern-soul-UK-first-pressing-HUT-records-EX-lp-/171745470694?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27fcd3e8e6

Sleeve condition : VG++           has a water damage on bottom right corner and some color peeling on front ( right up corner ) otherwise the rest of the cover is very clean with clean & sharp edges . 

VG+ Haha. 

I'm sure this doesn't apply to all cases but whenever I see VG++ as a grade I just imagine the obfuscating buffer of self-interest, bias, and desperation that keeps sellers from using a normal grading scale.  Sometimes it's followed by bizarre cognitive dissonance like the description above but sometimes it just sits there, on its own, daring you to ignore your instincts and proceed with the transaction at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

the used self titled LP vinyl now is selling for over $150 on ebay. brand new deja entendu is old news... the used self titled vinyl is new new gem everyone wants.

edit: In love and death also sells for $100 and lies for the liars for $50+

awesome how much value these amazing albums have, well deserved. :)

That is insane because, me last year:

10655f6.jpg