Topshelf To Release Toe Catalog On Vinyl

brandy

I believe there were 2 things holding the box up: New Sentimentality, specifically due to the die-cut cover. And getting the records to fit in the box correctly. Personally, I'd much rather they take the time to work out the kinks than to rush shit out the doors. Pre-order/foreseen release window were long ago, so I don't see much reason to suddenly be impatient right at this moment.

If all they have left to do is get the records to fit the box, it should be pretty soon.

Yes, the boxes will come in due time.

I would like to see the video for the live shows, namely, Toronto. (The GoPro footage w/ USBlive audio. Topshelf, do you think those videos will get posted any time soon?)

This one of Cleveland from AltarTV is cool, (Kashikura is reppin' a topshelf t.)

I want to see stuff from the show I attended, too.

Oh yeah, and I wouldn't mind seeing the next episode of that 2013 US/CA tour series.

I would like to see the video for the live shows, namely, Toronto. (The GoPro footage w/ USBlive audio. Topshelf, do you think those videos will get posted any time soon?)

This one of Cleveland from AltarTV is cool, (Kashikura is reppin' a topshelf t.)

Oh yeah, and I wouldn't mind seeing the next episode of that 2013 US/CA tour series.

Working on all of this. I have over an entire day's worth of footage spanning two weeks of dates that I've been sifting through, manually. I'll have the next part in the series and individual songs from as many of the sets as I can (some of the lighting at some of the venues was very poor so not all of them ended up being useable... but I recall Toronto being fine). We don't have a video person and I'm not great at it, so my day-to-day tasks at the label come first, but I'm chipping away at all this when I have time and it'll see the light eventually!

Any news on the boxset?

We emailed anyone who ordered the box set with updates and download codes last week. Check your SPAM. Here's the gist:

First off: thank you so much for ordering this box set! It's our first ever attempt at doing a box set and so of course it's not going 100% smoothly, haha. At this point, we're sure you've noticed we haven't begun shipping them yet. This email is to serve two purposes: to get you an update on where things stand and to give you downloads for each of these records.

Updates:

• For Long Tomorrow, The Book About My Idle Plot On a Vague Anxiety, The Future Is Now and Songs, Ideas We Forgot are all 100% completed and in our hands.
  • New Sentimentality vinyl is completed and in our hands. The inserts are completed and in transit to our warehouse. We had some issues setting up the die cut on the LP jackets for this, but we've got it sorted now (we've never done a die-cut and so we had a couple hiccups here). You can take a peek at the unprinted stock for these here. They'll be shipping to us soon.
  • The boxes themselves needed to be custom built and we had a few problems with the first round of prototypes we got from the plant — records not fitting inside correctly, etc.. We have this sorted now. They're being printed now. You can see a preview of it here (we're going with the side-load version).
  • The stamp for the box set is in our hands.
  • The adhesive labels for the box set exterior are printed and are waiting for the boxes to be completed and adhered.
  • When we get all the parts for this in, we'll have to hand assemble, hand stamp and hand number each and then hand mail them all to you. We're going to try and have all hands on deck to do this all in a day. We're expecting these to begin shipping in two weeks.
  • You'll get a shipping notification email (to this email address) with USPS tracking information when your order ships. To make up for the annoyance of this delay, I've included six bonus tracks with your download of The Book About My Idle Plot On a Vague Anxiety (listed directly below) — enjoy!

Bonus tracks:

1. The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die - "Picture of a Tree That Doesn't Look Okay"
  2. Enemies - "Executive Cut"
  3. Crash of Rhinos - "Impasses"
  4. Rooftops - "Tear As I Fly"
  5. Talons - "Impala"
  6. Duck. Little Brother, Duck! - "Calvin Young"

Downloads:

Please go to the following URL for each of these: http://topshelfrecords.bandcamp.com/yum and use the below codes:

• For Long Tomorrow: __________
  • New Sentimentality: __________
  • Songs, Ideas We Forgot: __________
  • The Book About My Idle Plot On a Vague Anxiety: __________
  • The Future Is Now: __________

Thanks for everything, you guys. If you have any questions about any of this, simply reply and we'll help you out.

so a repress is in the works for For Long Tomorrow?  I've been meaning to order the lot, but if it's around the corner, it would be cool to grab them all at once.

A re-press is in the works for this, yes. We're also preemptively re-pressing a few of the others that are running low.

Dammit, this was from my show. Makes me really regretful I didn't pick up one of those USB things.

Any chance to still get one of those?

By the way topshelf dudez, in the mass email updates for the box set, For Long Tomorrow didn't have a download code.

yeah, we realized that. We'll send it out again with it as part of a final update to everyone on the box set. But let's get real. Quit actin' like you haven't had this record digitally since like 2009, haha. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deleted

http://topshelfrecords.limitedrun.com/store

awesome new store.  the geek in me likes the specific pressing infoz.

e.g., Toe - The Book About My Idle Plot On A Vague Anxiety

Pressing Info:

first press: /1,034; 113 Clear with Black Smoke, 219 Green, 294 Blue, 408 Coke Bottle Clear; (20 test presses - approved) (20 tests presses - rejected) 
second press: /1,027; 1,027 Gray

Info:

Toe's signature album pressed on vinyl for the very first time!

The store does indeed look super clean.  I like that aspect.  Reading the press descriptions gives me a headache, though.  I miss the line by line format.  i.e.;

First Press /1,034

111 Clear with Black Smoke

219 Green

294 Blue

408 Coke Bottle Clear

20 test presses (approved)

20 test presses (rejected)

Looks so much nicer to me, personally.  Also, the bars that indicated the amount of any one variant in stock.  Bring those back.  Those were signature Topshelf goodness.  It was always convenient to see the availability of any given variant.