so hot cash is back and its worse

Does this have to do anything with vinyl records and the like?

Agree, this exact thread already happened two months ago and got locked after pages and pages of speculation and misinformation.

HOT CASH WON'T WORK ON VINYL, EVER AGAIN. Get over it and move on.

Lock it up, boys.

Agree, this exact thread already happened two months ago and got locked after pages and pages of speculation.

HOT CASH WON'T WORK ON VINYL, EVER AGAIN. Get over it and move on.

Lock it up, boys.

right away your majesty lock it up.

actually this thread didn't happen two months ago.  two months ago I went into the store with my hot cash to use the coupon.  figured i'd make a thread about the exception so people don't waste their time not realizing it.

either way most threads turn into people complaining virtually one way or another.

lock it up boys.

At least its better than them giving them out and letting you stock them up just so you can't use them unless you live near one of the few hot topics that carries vinyl and hope that strangers don't bend the shit out of them saying "hey look vinyl" to their friends but not actually buying. 

Taking down the vinyl selection was both hands middle fingers raise high to customers who buy vinyl. At least they are using one hand this time so they can hand you hot topic cash coupons with the other.

I understand they're trying to prevent flipping but it's like hey we're gonna have a promotion where if you spend this much we're gonna give you a coupon to spend on a future purchase.  If I'm purchasing vinyl to get said coupon don't you think I wanna spend it on vinyl too? 

If they really aren't gonna allow on vinyl maybe I'll just buy other shit and return it for store credit and buy vinyl. 

that doesn't make any sense.

the point of hot cash was to get a record for half off or free or whatever, if you just buy x amount of stuff from Hot Topic for 60 bucks and then return it for 60 bucks of store credit it won't make a difference because you aren't getting that deal for a record haha.

that doesn't make any sense.

the point of hot cash was to get a record for half off or free or whatever, if you just buy x amount of stuff from Hot Topic for 60 bucks and then return it for 60 bucks of store credit it won't make a difference because you aren't getting that deal for a record haha.

what doesn't make sense?

buy x amount of stuff that comes to 30 dollars.  use 15 off 30 hot cash coupon.  leave store.  go to a store that carries vinyl.  yeah i got this as a gift and i'd like to exchange it or get a store credit.

I'm not even sure what Hot Cash is. Just general promo codes or does this have to do with those damn HT+ cards?

Either way, expecting free or half priced records simply for buying other records seems odd. You don't pay less per each additional gallon of gas you put in your car.

Petroleum and such.

I'm not even sure what Hot Cash is. Just general promo codes or does this have to do with those damn HT+ cards?

Either way, expecting free or half priced records simply for buying other records seems odd. You don't pay less per each additional gallon of gas you put in your car.

Petroleum and such.

they offer a promotion where between point A and point B if you spend a certain amount you get a physical hot cash coupon that allows for X amount off of a certain amount (ie: spend 30 you get a 15 off 30, spend 60 get 30 off 60, so on) and then you get a week after it ends to redeem it.  so if 99% of the time i shop at hot topic to buy records and i meet the requirements for the promo deal its kinda lame that i can't use it to buy what i shop for there.

Maybe it had something to do with the people on the vinyl themed boards sharing the promo codes. No offense to Scott, as I totally cashed in, but I honestly expected this to happen much earlier than it did. Notice how Travis doesn't seem to frequent these boards as much, either.     

i noticed that Travis hasnt been around as much too. his presence definitely declined after the fall out from the last hot cash BS. so i chalked it up to he knew that hot topic was excluding vinyl from hot cash and didn't want to deal with all the hate. he used to provide regular updates to hot topic threads but rarely does now. he just hangs out in the everything else section and posts about how awesome mike trout is.

it's a shame he's not around as much because i miss saying that hot topic purposely holds back certain records till after sales end, something i've been pointing out for a long time and he immediatley denies happens. and then bam, hot topic removes the entire vinyl section just for hot cash.

right away your majesty lock it up.

actually this thread didn't happen two months ago.  two months ago I went into the store with my hot cash to use the coupon.  figured i'd make a thread about the exception so people don't waste their time not realizing it.

either way most threads turn into people complaining virtually one way or another.

lock it up boys.

I'm confused.  The old thread was locked because it was established that hot cash won't ever work on vinyl, so the sale doesn't apply to this board.  So what's different this time exactly?

That's my only argument against this thread, wasn't tryin to be a dick.  I think if this thread should exist we should unlock "THE OFFICIAL HOT CASH THREAD" cause there's a lot more useful information in there + everything that's already been said in here.  

I'm confused.  The old thread was locked because it was established that hot cash won't ever work on vinyl, so the sale doesn't apply to this board.  So what's different this time exactly?

That's my only argument against this thread, wasn't tryin to be a dick.  I think if this thread should exist we should unlock "THE OFFICIAL HOT CASH THREAD" cause there's a lot more useful information in there + everything that's already been said in here.  

Basically that if people who were receiving the coupon and had hopes of redeeming it in store for vinyl that they shouldn't waste their time.

...but you're getting $15 back. You spent $15 and get $15. The only difference would be you're out a coupon and need to take an extra trip to the store.

Nope

You just say you don't have a receipt when returning.

"If you do not have the original receipt, we will be happy to exchange the merchandise for you or issue a merchandise credit for the current selling price"

According to their policy, you would receive the full amount in credit for the item being returned.

It would work if that's the route you want to go.

I wish Hot Topic would just come out and say that they are losing money with this promotion (at least in the vinyl department) and stop with the "preventing flipping" bullshit. People flip Hot Topic merch all the time on eBay (twilight stuff, etc). They don't care cause they are still making their money on that stuff...but they have to be taking a hit when it comes to the vinyl.

This is a fact. Not a discussion. It is over.

It was so obvious that it wasnt sustainable that to me the real question is what took so long?

With licensing fees and production costs there was no doubt it was a loser for them. There is a huge difference here than say shitty skinny jeans made in a chinese sweat shop that have a 10x markup over production costs.