The Finch Screened Jackets Thread

My finch copy comes today hopefully!

The foldover will likely not be a complete foldover like the ones I did for the 1st pressing of Cassino because I end up having to print almost to the very edge of the paper and it's a pain with the screen sizes I'm using right now. 

Once someone can help get a design going we can make it work out awesome

Over-under on how many of these covers will be sold on eBay in the next three months. 20.

yea, i was gonna guess at least 1/3 haha, so 25. another question is how much would people freak out and pay when they see some badass finch screenprint they've never heard of on eBay.

maybe names should be written onto the jacket so people can be outed and shamed ;)

yea, i was gonna guess at least 1/3 haha, so 25. another question is how much would people freak out and pay when they see some badass finch screenprint they've never heard of on eBay.

maybe names should be written onto the jacket so people can be outed and shamed ;)

If its numbered on the front and we keep tabs on who got what that could help

you guys would rather have a $20 fold over screen print with your record than a blown-out gatfold jacket housing your record? Does it matter that much if it just sits on a shelf?

You do realize that Patrick volunteered to do this for a mere $3 shipping fee and nothing more, right? (unless we want to donate more for the cause, which I'm sure most of us will do)

you guys would rather have a $20 fold over screen print with your record than a blown-out gatfold jacket housing your record? Does it matter that much if it just sits on a shelf?

probably not in the long run but its not like HT/whoever is going to do anything to fix their mistake. if a small label did something like that they'd be crucified on here and everyone would expect a replacement (ie. ETR's starting line sleeves). plus patrick volunteered to print some up for free...

You do realize that Patrick volunteered to do this for a mere $3 shipping fee and nothing more, right? (unless we want to donate more for the cause, which I'm sure most of us will do)

no i did not realize that. in that case, i see no harm. i read something about $20 before. that's nice of patrick.

what i don't get is, a bunch of hot topic presses sound like shit and people shrug it off, but when the artwork of an old record is too pixelated (probably because higher-res artwork doesn't exist), people band together to make new covers.  priorities just seem out of whack.

no i did not realize that. in that case, i see no harm. i read something about $20 before. that's nice of patrick.

what i don't get is, a bunch of hot topic presses sound like shit and people shrug it off, but when the artwork of an old record is too pixelated (probably because higher-res artwork doesn't exist), people band together to make new covers.  priorities just seem out of whack.

Being on vinyl doesn't make shitty music sound any better anyways. and a fair amount of hot topic presses are for shitty music ;)

stirringthepot.jpg

what i don't get is, a bunch of hot topic presses sound like shit and people shrug it off, but when the artwork of an old record is too pixelated (probably because higher-res artwork doesn't exist), people band together to make new covers. priorities just seem out of whack.

Kinda tough to band together to press a better sounding vinyl.

it's also been established, at least in this case, that higher res artwork does in fact exist since the cover on the original vinyl press of this looked fine. the center labels also say "what is it to burn," so....clearly, the art department was slacking hardcore on this release. 

plus, patrick is awesome and makes pretty things...and who doesn't like pretty things?