The Finch Screened Jackets Thread

it's also been established, at least in this case, that higher res artwork does in fact exist since the cover on the original vinyl press of this looked fine. the center labels also say "what is it to burn," so....clearly, the art department was slacking hardcore on this release. 

plus, patrick is awesome and makes pretty things...and who doesn't like pretty things?

Noooooooooo. What you are saying is that high res art DID exist, not DOES.

As for the labels, the person in charge of the art probably did it on purpose to fuck with nerds.

no i did not realize that. in that case, i see no harm. i read something about $20 before. that's nice of patrick.

what i don't get is, a bunch of hot topic presses sound like shit and people shrug it off, but when the artwork of an old record is too pixelated (probably because higher-res artwork doesn't exist), people band together to make new covers. priorities just seem out of whack.

Because something can a actually be done about fucked up jackets (make new ones). It's hard to do the same with fucked up records.

probably not in the long run but its not like HT/whoever is going to do anything to fix their mistake.

Not entirely true.  The Artist in the Ambulance had a remarkably pixelated cover when Hot Topic repressed it.  Countless customers flocked it, and it was shortly repressed on another (far sexier) variant, with revised album art that sports an appropriate resolution.  Unintentional print error?  Sure.  Convenient for HT sales?  No doubt about it.

I would've waited for another press of WIITB if Travis hadn't mentioned that this may or may not be the only press.  Plus the variant is pretty sweet.  The whole release was definitely handled poorly, though.

Heres the deal, as I have been asked to post something about this.

This is NOT official. No profit is being made here. This is a generous dude offering to make us some cool screenprints.

If you try to sell these as a "rare" variant on herex mods will kill the sale.

If you try to sell on eBay, I will call you out.

This is not a /75 variant. Its a screened cover for fucks sake.

Lets all play nice.

Thanks for posting this. I think these covers are a creative solution generated by the board - I'm participating. 

There have been a couple concerns about whether some new variant is being created: be clear, it is not. This is totally fun but it is not an official release so please in the future if you opt to trade or sell it represent it as such. 

All good. I like this sort of stuff personally, others questioned it with good reason. If we are all honest we know that some BS has been seen on VC. This is being created out of a purely good intention and some folks are putting their time and hearts in the right place. That is commendable. 

Patrick has asked me to start a thread in here to get a discussion going about the design that we are going to do for the Finch WIITB screened jackets. As a reminder, these jackets will be "foldover" style. Graphic designers, here's your chance to design a cool piece of VC history!

Here's also the OFFICIAL list of people who have been verified and will be receiving ONE screened jacket. Many have requested two, but in order to keep things fair... it will be limited to one.

THAT'S IT!

59. rocketcat

for fuck's sake

I would appreciate it if someone or a group of someones can get together and make a design everyone is into - obviously at 300 dpi 12.25x12.25" for a front cover - it can be multiple colors. 

I've got house selling nightmares going on (cash offer submitted with 3 weeks closing date that all of a sudden get withdrawn because the fucking idiots "just realized" the hoa fees) and I'm honestly not in a creative mood right now but printing these sleeves would def help me take this off my mind and it looks like 90% of the posts here are about ice cubes and hot topic sucking