PO: Balance And Composure - The Things We Think We're Missing

Curious to hear how people's opinions of "Reflection" have changed now that the album is out. I think it's far and away the best song on the album and probably my favorite song from any of their releases. It's their sound perfected, in my opinion.

Also want to echo that the guitar tones are out of this world. Forget an endorsement, these guys should be the spokesmen for Orange.

I was having trouble with my download and I was told to e-mail [email protected] - he e-mailed me back in minutes and we had the problem solved. Cool dude, problem solved.

I still haven't watched the documentary though. Gonna get to it after my workout.

Can't wait to get the tour press of this. This album is stellar!

Curious to hear how people's opinions of "Reflection" have changed now that the album is out. I think it's far and away the best song on the album and probably my favorite song from any of their releases. It's their sound perfected, in my opinion.

Also want to echo that the guitar tones are out of this world. Forget an endorsement, these guys should be the spokesmen for Orange.

Bang on about Reflection. I remember thinking it sounded good when they premiered it but now I can't wait for it to come on. 

As for the guitars they do sound great but from watching that documentary I think that Top Hat head which looked to be going through a 70's Marshall was the real secret to this recording. 

For anyone interested (from the gatefold):

Parachutes:

My vacant heart, how is it that you split in two parts? I'm checking in to reminisce. A roller coaster ride in the dark to places I don't want to go. Parachutes to break my fall, tangled up in deeper thought, makes falling faster. I'm falling faster. I found you inside of a dream, spinning in circles magically. Took a picture of your eyes so I could find. My empty mind, why is that you always think twice? I'm seeing things I should have known. Cause I could use some light in my night, to lead me back into your glow. Don't feed my glass cased heart. Shattered me with eyes. Don't be that open book that keeps on closing tight.

Lost Your Name:
I need a place, need a taste, need someone so whole and clean. I need a spark. I need your spark to light this house so dark and deep. So call my name. Call my name. I lost my head, lost my heart. Cast in iron it will heat. I lost your name, lost the shape of our bodies tangling. And when I cry do you cry? I listen so ever quietly for a sign that my time is over and out of reach. Even when you scolded me I still felt it special. Can feel it with my eyes closed laying in your tangles. Lost your name. Speak up, calm me down, by my novocaine. Call my name. Even when I'm hurting do you feel pain? Swallowing a part of me. There's a colder side to everything. Pardon me for offering. You can leave me with your eyes closed.

Back of Your Head:
Hey, is it you that make me hollow? Don't act the same. Cleaning out a conscience. Scream at the moon. I hear it as it echoes. I'll find out soon. I never want to let go. Hey, am I picking at your head dear? Don't you feel shame? Is it weighing on your conscience? Fall asleep in the arms of another man. You're incomplete holding out an empty hand. Something in the way you call my name I'm seeing the difference. Shake it off let it exit your system. If time heals all then why's there still distance? Keep those thoughts in the back of your head. The back of your head. Waiting on me to break apart and shatter at your name. Swim in delusion you've reached a conclusion convinced that your skins what I crave. Caught in the moment no words to be spoken you're not the apple of my eye. What does it take to keep the things that you say the furthest thing from my mind? All you wanted was that feeling. All you wanted was that spark to glow and never fade away.

Tiny Raindrop:
I'll take you on a drive by gardens filled with mirrors. Laid back, eyes open wide, through alleys we're disappearing. Come close, stay far. I'll be your tiny raindrop. I fall down now, you left me feeling shameful. Even if I could I would never let you know. Come with me I'll buy you a raincoat. Stay with me, I'm sick of this shameful head of mine. I'm lost in its tangles. I need you on my garments. Come at me horrid eyes that seep into my system. Crush all and set on fire, the things we think we're missing. Cause its all fine, a pillow and a blanket. Take your precious time at staring at the ceiling. Even if I could I would never let you go.

Notice Me:
This old game of who used who, disgraceful that you love to play, don't give a shit take all of me. Left me in the open, cut me deep, cut me right. Seeking out a confidence in me, can't see it, notice me. Can't seem to wash you from my sheets, now you know where I lay my head. I'm a spider in your room. I've got eight eyes all on you, so stop pretending. You don't mean the things you say, understand I see everything. Mold me into shapes, use me up, suck me dry. Tease me with your heart, "I'll see you soon." Got me scratching at your back door, wont you let me in? We both know what I came back for. Wont you let me come in? Oh God let me in. Caught you looking out the window, dream of what could be, then suddenly, then suddenly got this eerie little tingle...notice me, notice me, notice me.

Cut Me Open:
I could've sworn you knew my conscience was not clean, you fade in and fade out. Crawling up into nothing at your feet. You're going to leave me all alone again, don't say you never did. And by the time I get to know you in this shell of emptiness, I'm drowning. See my fate. See all. It's such a shame. Fake what you love. And I've had enough. And there's a colder side to you that we've not seen, you fade in and fade out. Crawling up into nothing at your feet. Lay your hands on me. Pull me out from the background. Falling at your feet. Find me out, cut me open. Show me how you weep and spill your heart to me. I never know what it's telling you, I hope that it is "stay". Take a look at

what I've left for you, this pain to wash away. I'm drowning. God save us men. Cut by a jagged edge. Fall to your knees. Defeat shadows me. I could've sworn that you knew my conscience was not clean. Saw a hole in me. Grow, be the sun in the morning and show me that you are here. Take the time to get to know me and see there's no one else. Talk. Won't you say? Save it for another day? Come be my light, the sun in my nighttime.

Reflection:
A weak hold, some call it pitiful. Their reasons. Say what you really mean. I cave in, ran out of miracles. Reflection, who do I really see? Oh I'll come down and take it in. I'm close. You said to come when you're ready and I've been taking my time. Burn all the wreckage and start it all over, we're building a message and life with you closer. No faith in anything. I have no backbone. Call me an enemy, but I hope you linger. Won't you wake up and see it all for the first time, and speak up, say what you really mean. Oh I'll come down and take it in, open my eyes. You see that I'm ready. Come save me from my medicine. I'm close.

I'm Swimming:
Honeyglow, you tear me up leaving it all exposed, just so you know. And all these chemicals become the only thing I really know and I keep them close. Ocean blue, I'm swimming in the very midst of you. You should try it too. Come on and feel it out, tell me everything you think about when we're not dreaming. Be my only flame. Caught me swimming in a daydream, caught me blocking out all my past. But take me back and be my time machine, show me the sky from a new perspective. Lay me down, feeling the world spin me all around, got to fight these demons. As I'm coming down, it slips away as your body drowns leaving me so empty. Holding smoke, should I expect to see your holy ghost and its voice of reason? Honeyglow, don't tear me up and leave me all exposed when we're only dreaming. Be my only flame, clean me out and lead me on to grace. Dark, dark, dark I was walking in the dark. There's a light, light, light and it's shining on my heart. Lighting up my head and soon will tear me all apart. And you say that this is not about changing all my ways, my sad ways. Come back in May, when the sun is always shining on your face and my face.

When I Come Undone:
Screaming your lungs out, they put on a great show. Peel out in your car, drive anywhere with me, don't drop me off. Can't you see me crumbling? Aren't you feeling my heartbeat? I want to hear you say, "When I call, pick me up when I come undone." When you're healthy, we'll fill an empty space. It's raining outside but with me there's sunshine. And you know just what they're saying, how the world it starts its ending, when the sun comes with the morning. Risked it all solely for me. Pick me up when I come undone. Be around when I need someone.

Dirty Head:
It's time to show you where I stand. I am but a sorry man. Let's see how far that we can go. You knew I had to let you know. Putting on your cigarette, letting all the anger set. Let me get another drag. Never meant to hurt you bad. Lost you in a seat of smoke. Bet you're glad I finally spoke. Keeping quiet all the time, dirty head and colourblind.

Keepsake:
Don't fall. And I'll catch you on the outside, but you called. And don't tell me that you don't want back in. Keeping it a secret and my shame could never come out of the hell I left it in. Keep it for keepsake now. Even if you knew my face, (come see my unfolding) would it still keep you away? (barely even know me) There's an empty part of me numb to the taste (come see my unfolding). See harmony. Unfold. And don't catch me on the outside cause I'm numb. And don't tell me that you want back in. Keeping all my distance. It's strange though I'm still proud of the hell that I left in in. Keep it for keepsake now. Shaken, you let me see the way I was affecting the image I had up in my head, there's no caution pestering me. I see you out in the fields laughing surrounded by all the green, ghastly sunset. All you wanted was to chase its shiny gleam. Paint a portrait of this scene that is acting out a dream. Withered spirits, hallelujah, I've discovered everything.

Enemy:
Heat on your face, the comforting sun. I need it to warm me, taste it on my tongue. There's a colour or a shade revealing, lighting up your face, shine on me. Heat on your face, you know they're calling it off again. And I thought I heard you sitting up there in the clouds. You know I'm fading out and

that's fine just shine right on me. Enemy, enemy, you're my only enemy and you're only steadying the pain. Call on me, call on me help me wash away the shame. There's a blood red dirty stain, away. You say "it's okay" but you always let it rain, yeah you always let it rain anyway. Only me, only me, and you always let it rain yeah you always let it rain anyway. 

can anyone give a heads up on what the hot topic variant sounds like. my opaque red from no sleep has mad surface noise and I'm considering buying another. hopefully the 2nd press is just on 180g black

yea my red has a bunch of surfaces scratches and sounds like shit and skips.

Emailed No Sleep early yesterday and still no reply.

can anyone give a heads up on what the hot topic variant sounds like. my opaque red from no sleep has mad surface noise and I'm considering buying another. hopefully the 2nd press is just on 180g black

I thought mine was static originally but it definitely sounds like it could be surface noise :( This shit is obnoxious.. 

6HyCVsHl.jpg

yea my red has a bunch of surfaces scratches and sounds like shit and skips.

Emailed No Sleep early yesterday and still no reply.

Okay, I guess I'm not alone. I thought maybe it was my turntable, but this HT pink version is maybe the noisiest record I own outside of TWY - Suburbia. I'll try another record again--I really hope this isn't the case. In no way do I want this to turn out poorly for No Sleep. I love the way Chris runs that label.

But yeah, it's bad enough to where I had to stop halfway through my first listen and switch to Google Music on my phone to really enjoy it.