Black Friday Record Store Day--November 2013

kXpuP3Pl.jpg

I chortled.

Yhe sad thing is that its funny because its true. They have gotten redonkulous with the afterman. That being said i have the deluxe lp set, both demos and the first deluxe cd set.  I'm hoping more specifically for the 10th anniverseray of "In Keeping Secrets.." or the holy grail of "Good Apollo I"

Oh yeah and another counting crows - august and everything after release would be swell. @ a reasonable price! That recent $50 plus release can suck big ole donkey balls. Kinda lost a lil respect for tha band for that one.

Why would you lose respect for a band who licenses their most popular album to a company that's gonna do a really top-notch audiophile release?? It was $50 because it was a double 45 RPM audiophile release, from a label that specializes in those. (I picked up their 45 RPM version of "Blue Train"... AMAZING. Could I have grabbed the $15 cheap-o repress instead? Sure... If I wanted a record that sounded like ass.)

Anyway. There's also a cheap-o version of August as well from the Back To Black reissue in England. Still pricey due to import fees but if money's your primary concern...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Counting-Crows-August-Everything-After-Ltd-Ogv-12-VINYL-NEW-/390620951504?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5af2d2b3d0

^filthyrich

Ouch man. Think I just got called a cheap basterd! I don't doubt the quality. But for an oop record for how long? I saw it as a cash grab. And yeah I bought the 'cheap' single lp it sounded just fine. Ended up gifting it. It was still 25ish. Should of been mass produced and cheap. For tha fans!

Glad you're happy with your purchase and thanks for sharing. Good day to you sir.

^filthyrich

Ouch man. Think I just got called a cheap basterd! I don't doubt the quality. But for an oop record for how long? I saw it as a cash grab. And yeah I bought the 'cheap' single lp it sounded just fine. Ended up gifting it. It was still 25ish. Should of been mass produced and cheap. For tha fans!

Glad you're happy with your purchase and thanks for sharing. Good day to you sir.

It's been hashed over a thousand times here. RSD is a lot like Warped Tour. It's not a necessary event, costs a lot of money, and isn't that fun, but people like it. If it allows folks to get their paws on something they really want with money they've earned and also helps support local stores then no harm no foul.

Oh, so if Phish, The Counting Crows, The Cure, and Stone Temple Pilots don't appeal to me it means I hate music? Maybe I've branched out too far and I need more drugs and radio. What station is Hot Donna a DJ?

I believe there were a few other releases mentioned on here...  Hopefully more teenie bopper popper punker VC bands get announced so everyone on here is happy!

It's been hashed over a thousand times here. RSD is a lot like Warped Tour. It's not a necessary event, costs a lot of money, and isn't that fun, but people like it. If it allows folks to get their paws on something they really want with money they've earned and also helps support local stores then no harm no foul.

Every year I've waited in line for RSD, I've had a blast, just sayin'...

I randomly decided to see what RSD was all about this past April after seeing the displays at Coachella Week 1. I was not previously a vinyl guy at all, and bought my first few records that day. I had a blast waiting in line with other music lovers, and I've been hooked ever since. Four months later, I'm at around ~300 records. 

So, I'm living proof that RSD does get people excited and into the hobby. 

I randomly decided to see what RSD was all about this past April after seeing the displays at Coachella Week 1. I was not previously a vinyl guy at all, and bought my first few records that day. I had a blast waiting in line with other music lovers, and I've been hooked ever since. Four months later, I'm at around ~300 records. 

So, I'm living proof that RSD does get people excited and into the hobby. 

Waiting in line talking music with others is the entire fun.  I could never just rely on finding everything online.  Too much fun being able to discuss music with random strangers.

You guys are better people than me.

The few times I went out on RSD and waited in line I immediately hated the folks around me in line. I just stood in line silently and quietly seethed about the annoying people around me until the store opened.

Every year I've ordered things on the internet and gotten some cool stuff and never had to leave my house... It's totally not in the spirit of the day but oh well.

The day is barely in the spirit of the day anymore, so I think it matters less and less how you "celebrate" it.

PS great avatar...I think NJD has good years up ahead.

The day is barely in the spirit of the day anymore, so I think it matters less and less how you "celebrate" it.

PS great avatar...I think NJD has good years up ahead.

Life is what you make of it.  I've got the same 2 guys I've been in line with for 3 years now at my RSD store.  Great meeting up with them and chatting for a few hours each year.  I don't think I've ever had a convo with someone in line who I thought was a douche.

^yes to headphones in line. Im always surrounded by phish fans or some other band I don't care for.

And would love some early stuff from Tosca/boozoo bajou/thievery corporation.

I think internet RSD shopping is in your future.  Who sits there for hours surrounded by people with headphones on?  Dorks.