Black Friday Record Store Day--November 2013

Fall Out Boy is releasing Pax Am Days on "limited edition vinyl" for Black Friday Record Store Day. Also, they have a Black Friday show:

"Chicago join us on Black Friday (11/29) at the Metro to celebrate the vinyl release of Pax Am Days.  We’ll be playing Pax•Am Days in full + all your FOB favorites. Part of the proceeds from ticket sales will benefit the GRAMMY Foundation®. Tickets go on sale this Saturday 10/5 at Noon."

I wasn't too excited that Ryan Adams helped waste his talents with FOB either. Focus on a new record dammit!

i'm much more interested in what he was working on with jenny lewis. but i'm bummed because i'm still working to collect all the PAX AM releases and this is one i'm simply not interested in.

I hate people with headphones on in public places in general... Especially at disneyland. There will be a group of kids and one of them will be wearing his stupid beats headphones while everyone else is talking. On that same note, I hate people who sit on their phones while watching TV or movies at my house. Had to get that off my chest. Haha.

Also, I hate that this is happening.

tumblr_mhq0r8i6Ic1qmmbldo1_r1_400.gif

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com---updated this evening with news about TWO DMB boxsets, Band of Horses 7", Pearl Jam Lullaby Renditions and more.

I hate that none of the releases are going to be flippable. C'mon, RSD, baby needs a new pair of shoes.

i'm much more interested in what he was working on with jenny lewis. but i'm bummed because i'm still working to collect all the PAX AM releases and this is one i'm simply not interested in.

Yeah, Ive got them all except the Rescue Blues 7" which has eluded me forever. Should have ponied up the $30 for it a long time ago when I had the chance, ugh. Ill be passing on this one as well so now I guess that means Ill be missing 2, haha.

Yeah, Ive got them all except the Rescue Blues 7" which has eluded me forever. Should have ponied up the $30 for it a long time ago when I had the chance, ugh. Ill be passing on this one as well so now I guess that means Ill be missing 2, haha.

i don't have any of the 2004 singles. someday. just can't get myself to pay that much for a 7".

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nirvanas-in-utero-2013-mix-headed-to-vinyl-20131009

October 9, 2013 3:00 PM ET

Nirvana's final album, In Utero, was recently celebrated in a deluxe 20th anniversary reissue. Original producer Steve Albini revisited the album – with full blessings from bandmembers Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic – for a "2013 Mix." Audiophiles can get their hands on this reworking November 29th, when the modern mix is released as a 45 RPM, 180-gram limited edition double vinyl on Black Friday for November's Record Store Day. The record was mastered at Abbey Road Studios with alternative artwork specific to the release.

Last months, Grohl reflected on the album's recording process with Rolling Stone's David Fricke. "Recording with Steve [Albini] – he would hit 'record,' we'd do a take, and he'd go [claps hands], 'Okay, what's next?' Wait, is it okay?" Grohl said. "We blazed through In Utero. I was done after three days. I had another 10 fucking days to sit in the snow, on my ass with nothing to do."