Will singles ever be popular again?

Guest crazybeats

Ok, I also have my Bangles "Eternal Flame" Cassingle. Learned all the words to sing to a girl in middle school thinking I'd win her heart. All I won was a red face from embarrassment. 25 years or so on I can say I win since I sang that song to my kid as an infant during his crying fits and he found it pretty soothing. 

Well played, I secede.

Why don't you get some pride. Go and phone Universal Music distribution and see if they can get you a deal on his new album in November. Make it the homepage of Dreamoverrecords.com. Give people a link to buy it on LP and CD. You wont be able to keep up with the demand come November.

Just ignore him. He tries hard to make VC a real stinker. 

Holy shit at anyone using sales figures to argue musical quality in 2013.

Titanic made a BILLION DOLLARS and it's terrible. Fuck off.

Singles died off because the "vinyl revival" went hand in hand with a huge price hike, pushing the expected price of a 7" over $5 (now over $7, and even $10 isn't uncommon nowadays). It's a straight up waste of money to drop that amount on two songs, especially when you can get it on iTunes for 99 cents.

Guest crazybeats

Holy shit at anyone using sales figures to argue musical quality in 2013.

Titanic made a BILLION DOLLARS and it's terrible. Fuck off.

Singles died off because the "vinyl revival" went hand in hand with a huge price hike, pushing the expected price of a 7" over $5 (now over $7, and even $10 isn't uncommon nowadays). It's a straight up waste of money to drop that amount on two songs, especially when you can get it on iTunes for 99 cents.

There was never any need for 7" singles to increase in price like that. Do you not think this revival of vinyl would have been bettered if the prices had just stayed the same and all those people buying albums would have noticed lots of cheap singles too. There is no reason for any single, 7" or 12" to be at those prices.