Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak (Reissue)

It's strange because no one was buying this & it wasn't considered hard to find. At least not when I bought it & then more & more people continue to buy vinyl & now everyone on KTT is desperately seeking out a copy.

I'm going to hold onto mine. I don't think they'll replicate the packaging but we'll see.

They really need to do Graduation & the first 2 as well. Dropout has all the skits cut out & Registration sounds terrible.

808s is the second best Kanye record IMO

Meta Critic Scores:

94 My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

87 College Drop Out

85 Yeezus

85 Late Registration

79 Graduation

76 WTT

75 808's

All his albums have been reviewed pretty well. I don't know how MBDTF got reviewed so well, I think it might be his worst, but 808's definitely isn't his best. Lots of filler and boring songs.

Just seemed to me like the songs went on a bit too long. Repeating a musical bar 12 times at the end of a 7+ minute long song without any lyrics just seems a bit unnecessary to me. Just my opinion...

oh I understand. I guess it's personal preference, but this is one of my favorite albums ever and imo at the top of Kanye's discography in terms of quality.

Lol nah. I actually just listed mine today. I highly doubt the repress will sound anywhere near as amazing as the 1st pressing, and it's unknown if the truly stunning artwork will be replicated. I think the 1st press will retain some value.

I highly doubt it's going to sound any different and I highly doubt the packaging will be even 1% worse

I highly doubt it's going to sound any different and I highly doubt the packaging will be even 1% worse

The original is obviously a product that someone somewhere put ALOT of attention and care into. It was sourced from something much better sounding than the cd. The packaging was unbelievable, better than nearly any other record I've ever seen. It was how all records should be put out these days, IMO.

This respect the classics site hasn't said a single thing regarding mastering, sources, packaging, for any of the albums on their site... I have my doubts about them.

Awesome they're repressing it for those who don't have it. I have the original pressing so I hope they do something different just so that I can buy the new copy and it be "different" from the original. 

Can't lie though, I'd prefer this to have been an announcement for Graduation. Can't believe it has yet to be pressed. Also, waiting for Yeezus, and I still have the supposed Cruel Summer vinyl preordered through amazon. Doubt it'll ever happen. I'm surprised it's still up on Amazon.

I'm stoked that this is finally getting a repress. Honestly, 808s and Graduation are the only records I like of his. Hopefully Graduation get a proper stand alone release in the future. I don't wanna shell out a ridiculous amount of cash for a box set to get one record. 

I'm stoked that this is finally getting a repress. Honestly, 808s and Graduation are the only records I like of his. Hopefully Graduation get a proper stand alone release in the future. I don't wanna shell out a ridiculous amount of cash for a box set to get one record.

Give IDJ's recent track record with vinyl, I doubt we'll be getting that box set any time soon. Agree with you though! I love Graduation :D that artwork would be sick and if they pressed it on purple vinyl D: