Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak (Reissue)

Personally I'm skeptical about buying any Kanye vinyl until he gets his mastering for vinyl done better.   I know 808s is the exception.  I was just listening to a rip of Late Reg... so ssssissisississsiibiliant.  And Dark Twisted is barely an improvement on the CD.  

I'm hoping one day a remastered box set comes out.  That would be boss.

The one I listed is currently up to $135 and is up for another day or so. I listened to it again yesterday and I kinda regret listing it now, after not hearing it for so long I suddenly remembered how solid that album is. And the sound was just as stunning as I remembered. Just a great mastering all around. Super dynamic.

I took pictures of the deadwax etchings so when the new pressing comes out, I can see if they used the old plates or not. I REALLY hope they did.

• 2 weeks later...

In the end, I just couldn't pull the trigger with the repress looming and the dent Double Decker was already going to put in my wallet. Phenomenal store though. I travel a lot and stop into a lot of stores when I can and it was top five in terms of finding great stuff you don't often see for fair prices. Highly recommend (sorry for the digression).

• 1 month later...