Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

To whomever gets me for Secret Santa -

I could type up a list of all the things I like and in a few months I'll get an awesome package from one of you.  However, the coolest thing that my Secret Santa could do for me is to do something awesome for someone else.  While it's not that I wouldn't appreciate the gift I think it would be exponentially more rad to just surprise someone out of the blue.

So is there a fellow member of VC that you think is a good person that you could surprise?  What about just buying a toy or two for Toys for Tots?  Donate a couple hours of your time at a worthy cause?  Basically just do something awesome for someone else and I'll be thrilled. 

My name's Scott. I'm 31 and I live in Cleveland. I'm the managing editor for a music magazine called Alternative Press. I love my wife, my dog and my record collection, in that order.

My top five favorite records of all time are PinkertonClarityGoddamnitOrange Rhyming Dictionary and Reconstruction Site.

I think the two best albums of 2013 are Paramore and Touche Amore. Other favorites from this year include Frank Turner, Queens Of The Stone Age, Daft Punk, Jimmy Eat World, Twenty One Pilots, the Wonder Years, the Front Bottoms and Allison Weiss.

I go to roughly a billion shows every year, and never leave home without a pair of earplugs in my pocket.

I love all sorts of food, and have currently been on a low-carb, high-fat diet for about 15 months, resulting in an approximately 60-70-pound weight loss. However, I've been cheating pretty terribly on it lately so I need to get myself back on the horse.

I don't get to read as much as I would like, but when I do, it's typically books by musicians. I just finished Steven Adler's memoir, and next up is Rex from Pantera's autobiography. I've been on the hunt for Jesse Michaels' two novels but haven't found either yet.

I wear 3X shirts because I'm tall and fat and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Other things I love: pizza, professional wrestling, obscure '90s emo, mowing my lawn, anything Aaron Sorkin does, Conan O'Brien, The Daily Show & The Colbert Report

My name's Scott. I'm 31 and I live in Cleveland. I'm the managing editor for a music magazine called Alternative Press. I love my wife, my dog and my record collection, in that order.

My top five favorite records of all time are Pinkerton, Clarity, Goddamnit, Orange Rhyming Dictionary and Reconstruction Site.

I think the two best albums of 2013 are Paramore and Touche Amore. Other favorites from this year include Frank Turner, Queens Of The Stone Age, Daft Punk, Jimmy Eat World, Twenty One Pilots, the Wonder Years, the Front Bottoms and Allison Weiss.

I go to roughly a billion shows every year, and never leave home without a pair of earplugs in my pocket.

I love all sorts of food, and have currently been on a low-carb, high-fat diet for about 15 months, resulting in an approximately 60-70-pound weight loss. However, I've been cheating pretty terribly on it lately so I need to get myself back on the horse.

I don't get to read as much as I would like, but when I do, it's typically books by musicians. I just finished Steven Adler's memoir, and next up is Rex from Pantera's autobiography. I've been on the hunt for Jesse Michaels' two novels but haven't found either yet.

I wear 3X shirts because I'm tall and fat and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Other things I love: pizza, professional wrestling, obscure '90s emo, mowing my lawn, anything Aaron Sorkin does, Conan O'Brien, The Daily Show & The Colbert Report

I too love mowing my lawn and everyone I know in real life think I'm weird for that haha

I too love mowing my lawn and everyone I know in real life think I'm weird for that haha

Mowing my lawn is one of the most peaceful times of my existence. I used to wear headphones and listen to my iPod while doing it, but now I just listen to the motor. It's a very zen thing for me.

Mowing my lawn is one of the most peaceful times of my existence. I used to wear headphones and listen to my iPod while doing it, but now I just listen to the motor. It's a very zen thing for me.

I love yard work as well.  I grab a cold one and throw on some good tunes, which I have blasting out of my garage.

Signed up last one on the list I think

ABOUT ME

I live in Calgary Alberta, my name is Zach, I'm 24 and the chef at a small Irish pub.

I have no problem admitting I like Conor Oberst to much. I also enjoy cooking, skiing, and of course music. My taste is most everything with a preference for mellow like folk or acoustic. Some of my favourite artists are Conor oberst, John butler, Wintersleep, Beautiful girls, Mountain goats. Here is a link to my collection and a  wantlist and a link to my out of date slightly tradelist http://www.discogs.com/user/zpushor http://deadformat.net/tradelist/zpushor

I enjoy reading I just finished on the road and before that was songs of the doomed.

I love stand up comedy and really enjoy Russell Howard, Jim Jefferies, Damonde Tschritter, Louis CK, Aziz Ansari, Aries Spears and so on

I don't really drink I am 420 friendly and Snodgrass never had anything to do with making music as far as I knew until I joined this board.

Hope it helps