Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

As much as I'd love to do this and get in the spirit, the last 3-4 years I've done SS's (through multiple sites), I've gotten boned. 2 out of the 4 years I didn't get anything (through this board and another) and I just don't want to take the risk again. Surely I can't be paired with a shit person again if I DO do this...

There really should be a system in place to ensure that those that got screwed (either super late, shitty package, or no package) get paired with a known good SS (minimum two years with good, on time packages?).  controlthebleeding?

I'm down, I won't be able to spend as much as I or my SS spent on each other last year (yes, we got each other), I'll probably ACTUALLY have to stick to the budget, but it was fun for sure.

To everyone moaning about how early this is, controlthebleeding knows what he's talking about, like half the people were late, including me

Just remember, if you're a newbie, you have to send first and a week or two before everyone else's deadline, and people please. all of you, please send a confirmation # to me once you've sent your gift. i hate having to bug people every year to see if they got their package or not.. 

jokingly spicing (literally) the package aside, that Tear It Up record seriously rules! A few months ago, I went looking for it and was bummed to remember I'd given it to him. Ah, well. (oh, and I *did* try to make amends, but Heisel never got back. I even offered to send *another* gift that wasn't loaded with red pepper flakes, but, again, an egg on a response back - def. tried to make that whole thing right).

I'm in. This time, I won't include powdered fennel - I'ma do it up reallll nice! :)

Don't know how I haven't noticed this the past 2 or 3 years but whoa this seems like a really rad idea! I'm just like, oh man what if I get someone and I have no idea what/where to get them something they'd actually like haha. Definitely don't want to end up being that guy that's like "I had no idea what to get you so here's $20 worth of candy canes and a cd mix full of shit you probably hate".

Don't know how I haven't noticed this the past 2 or 3 years but whoa this seems like a really rad idea! I'm just like, oh man what if I get someone and I have no idea what/where to get them something they'd actually like haha. Definitely don't want to end up being that guy that's like "I had no idea what to get you so here's $20 worth of candy canes and a cd mix full of shit you probably hate".

Usually almost everyone posts a paragraph in the thread about the stuff they like. Plus you can look at their tradelist.

Usually almost everyone posts a paragraph in the thread about the stuff they like. Plus you can look at their tradelist.

Oh well then yeah, I'm in for sure knowing that chances are I'll at least have something to go from. I just hope I can put something decent together because dang, looking at the stuff from last year people went all out to send some really great things. (obviously paranoid of sending a crappy gift)

The photos probably represent the high-and and are over the price limit. I bet plenty of folks got solid packages closer to the actual price range.

If you have the means and want to go all out, go for it. But don't feel like you have to, just try to put a little thought into it. Bake some cookies ot find some cool nick nacks, you don't need to spend big.

My opinion any way.

Oh well then yeah, I'm in for sure knowing that chances are I'll at least have something to go from. I just hope I can put something decent together because dang, looking at the stuff from last year people went all out to send some really great things. (obviously paranoid of sending a crappy gift)

are the you As Seas Exhale guy?