Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

May as well start posting the "about me...shit I like" posts...(Copied from last year's since nothing has changed much)

I'm a sucker for all things Deathwish Inc., Hydra Head (RIP), and Initial Records (RIP). Three of my favorite labels. I am currently trying to complete an Initial Records discography of everything they put out.

Big fan of hardcore and metal...but mostly the 90's midwest stuff...especially from Louisville, KY. Also really into 90's indie/shoegaze/Brit-pop stuff.

Favorite bands: NINE INCH NAILS, Converge, Shai Hulud, Minus the Bear, Endpoint, Melvins, 27, ISIS (and anything Aaron Turner-related), Mamiffer. Just to name a few.

I have an unhealthy obsession with Taylor Swift and Christina Aguilera.

I love art and concert prints (yes, even to shows I didn't attend)...some favorite artists are Aaron Horkey, J. Bannon, Florian Bertmer, Tyler Stout, Tom Whalen, and Frank Kozik.

Books: I tend to be all over the place but I rather like music and band-related biographies and the like.

Star Wars, The ALIEN movies, Anime, and horror movies are a constant. A few favorite TV shows: LOST, Firefly, The Green Hornet (yes, the 60's show), Dexter, Walking Dead, Fringe.

T-shirt size: XL

See my trade list to get an idea of favorite bands. If anything, there are a few VCers who know me well, can always ask them

Pretty dang cool! Solid Rock Cafe shows by any chance? That place is probably the reason I'm even here and listen to half of anything. Baby's first concerts and all that jazz haha. The music scene there kinda died off when they stopped having shows around 2006ish though. Big bummer. 

my band played there I think twice, went to a couple other shows there.  thats in seneca, right?

Submitted my info!

Here's an about me:

I love almost all kinds of music, especially 90's emo and slowcore. I also have a soft spot for Morrissey and Danzig related stuff. John Galm is my favorite also. I love all horror movies, and all the recent horror soundtrack reissues. Comic books also (mostly Batman, Saga, and horror stuff.)

Some of my favorite bands are Radiohead, Red House Painters, Owen, Snowing, Cap'n Jazz, Japandroids, Pearl Jam, and Weatherbox.

I love books, movies, graphic novels, and coffee!

My shirt size is medium!

my band played there I think twice, went to a couple other shows there.  thats in seneca, right?

Yeah! They moved location then went out of business about 3 years ago but yeah, it was in Seneca. Whoa crazy haha, I might've seen you play without even knowing! I started going when Signal Home, Demise Of Eros, Linus, Neocracy and A Voice Like Rhetoric were jammin a lot.

About me... I'm pretty easy to please. I've loved every package I've gotten through here. I'm a huge gamer, I'm currently going to school for game design. I play bass. Lately I've really been into the Bronx, Obits and FIDLAR, but if you look at my tradelist (which still needs to be updated) I like a diverse range of genres. I'm a movie junkie... really, I'm not picky. I just like the spirit of the whole thing. Uhhh, on a personal level, I've been married to my wife, Cady, for two years, I have a german shepherd named Atlas and beer is good.

Finally submitted my info for 2013

I'm Ronnie and I live in Kansas.

I dig a lot of music: rock n roll (Gaslight, Loved Ones, Red City Radio), 90s emo jams (Jawbreaker, Sunny Day), pop punk (Saves the Day), and intelligent metal (Converge, Botch).  I can pretty much get into anything that's really passionate.  

My favorite bands are: Springsteen, Tom Petty, Saves the Day, Converge, and American Nightmare.

I'm really into literature, seriously, loves me some books.  I have a shit ton of them, so anything you think I should hear of, I would love to hear of.

I collect blu rays, mostly horror and cheesy action stuff.  I also collect tattoo flash prints.  

I have two cats, one is fat, one is skinny, they are both needy and kind of dumb. 

I rock a medium shirt. 

Dear Santa,

I'm Earl, and I live in Denver, CO.  My tradelist is up to date and accurately reflects my music tastes.  Most of it is the usual VC stuff.  Lately I've been getting into more electronic music, but mostly chill/ambient stuff (think James Blake, Oneohtrix Point Never, etc.) so there's that.

I enjoy reading.  My favorite authors are Kurt Vonnegut, Philip K. Dick, and Chuck Palahniuk.  I also read comics every now and then (currently reading Sandman).

I'm a giant Lost nerd.  Some of my other favorite shows are Twin Peaks, Always Sunny, 30 Rock, Breaking Bad, and anything on Food Network.

I also really like beer, all the way from the cheap stuff to the good stuff.  IPAs are my favorite.

I'm also a huge Denver Broncos and Denver Nuggets fan, and a disappointed yet steadfast Houston Astros fan.

Hopefully that's enough info to give some ideas.

Hola person that will eventually get me.

I'm always looking for more records. My record collection can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/Rekidz

I'm really into Early Lookout! stuff, 90s to early 2000s Epitaph releases, and most stuff on Fat. Anything that falls into the skatepunk realm or that East Bay sound (ala early Green Day, Crimpshrine, Fifteen, etc.) I'm also fond of 90s pop punk ala Fun Size, Jill, Lillingtons, and that sort. And who can forget punkrocknoll stuff like Ann Beretta and Blacklist Royals (HATE GASLIGHtT!) I am also in ska music too!

The only thing I would like besides records is Don Mattingly/Yankees memorabilia. Scott Heisel was kind enough to get me an autographed Donnie Baseball card 2 years ago

thank you!

Finally got around to actually submitting my entry...

So here goes: I'm Jeff, I live in Flagstaff, AZ and I've been here for about 7 years (went to college here, graduated, moved to Seattle, plans fell through, moved back)

I'm relatively new to collecting vinyl as can be seen from my list, sig, but I've always been very interested. My taste in music is all over the place but I love what I grew up on, pop-punk, hardcore, indie circa 1997-2005. I like pretty much anything though and I really just want to keep my collecting growing. I've been getting more into soundtracks and print/poster collecting as well.

I'm a huge beer nerd but it hasn't made me a snob, I love PBR to Pliny to Dark Lord and everything inbetween.

I like reading but really don't have any favorites as I haven't read a ton, but I'm open to anything (crime, horror, sci-fi, etc)

I'm into all sorts of outdoor activities, but my favorites are mountain biking and disc golf.

My teams are the Phoenix Suns, OKC Thunder (RIP Super Sonics) and the Buffalo Bills.

I like hats (7 1/2)

Size L tees

I have a cat named Moose

Instant Gram

Yeah! They moved location then went out of business about 3 years ago but yeah, it was in Seneca. Whoa crazy haha, I might've seen you play without even knowing! I started going when Signal Home, Demise Of Eros, Linus, Neocracy and A Voice Like Rhetoric were jammin a lot.

yup, was at those shows, probably played one or two you were at, was in a band called hank jones