Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

I have it on CD, and it is awesome. I also have their debut album, "It Is Curtains" on vinyl, and that rules too.

Would love to have Dogs on vinyl.

Might as well go ham if you're going to get vinyl - get one of my favorite designs, the bumble bee tour press, cheaper shipped from Netherlands (current discogs listing) than Allen at Revealed Records! Sad to see him turn flipper a few years ago :/  I don't think he answers emails for offers under his (bloated) list prices, but $69 for this may not be so bad. I know some have paid more and some got some steals.

http://revealedrecords.storenvy.com/collections/150469-post-rock/products/11411997-beware-of-safety-dogs-vinyl-2xlp-yellow-black-tour-press

or the /300 Pilsner for $35

http://revealedrecords.storenvy.com/collections/150469-post-rock/products/508045-beware-of-safety-dogs-2x-lp-vinyl

I stopped searching on ebaY once I had completed them (now minus Test Press for Lotusville, and I know I won that contest ;) - but they never announced a winner, and I bugged Adam about it once -- at least to know what the answers were!!). 

Batman (Zach) did you ever manage a TP of Lotusville?

That Pilsner variant is near and dear to my heart, and easily my favorite pick even if it's nowhere near as wild as that "bumble bee" press. I'm getting all nostalgic about the post-rock I was exploring, back when I ordered that album...

What's a guy got to do to get some Evpatoria Report pressed onto vinyl? Shit.

I stopped searching on ebaY once I had completed them (now minus Test Press for Lotusville, and I know I won that contest ;) - but they never announced a winner, and I bugged Adam about it once -- at least to know what the answers were!!). 

I'm pretty sure that they announced the winner immediately after the deadline...

Pretty happy with my yellow/black swirl tour copy :) Got it from Adam after trying to help them out with a gig in Germany some time in 2011 or 2012...they were so close to play a gig in our kitchen! DAMNIT!

Got recommended this band and vinyl and it's damn good.  The songs "Pangaea" & "Prince of Whales" alone make it worth checking out.

Doomina - S/T

http://store.noiseappeal.com/shop/12inch/doomina-doomina-lp/

3 vinyl options.  All look pretty badass.  Shipping appears to be the same no matter how many you buy.  For just 3 of us, it would cost about $25 per person shipped to me, and then I can distribute from there.  If anymore join in, it gets even cheaper.  I can probably take on 5 orders (including myself) if anyone wants to get in a group buy.  I think Charlie said he'd be in.

Let me know!

Got recommended this band and vinyl and it's damn good. The songs "Pangaea" & "Prince of Whales" alone make it worth checking out.

Doomina - S/T

3 vinyl options. All look pretty badass. Shipping appears to be the same no matter how many you buy. For just 3 of us, it would cost about $25 per person shipped to me, and then I can distribute from there. If anymore join in, it gets even cheaper. I can probably take on 5 orders (including myself) if anyone wants to get in a group buy. I think Charlie said he'd be in.

Let me know!

This looks very promising. Will check out tonight and let you know.

Got recommended this band and vinyl and it's damn good.  The songs "Pangaea" & "Prince of Whales" alone make it worth checking out.

Doomina - S/T

3 vinyl options.  All look pretty badass.  Shipping appears to be the same no matter how many you buy.  For just 3 of us, it would cost about $25 per person shipped to me, and then I can distribute from there.  If anymore join in, it gets even cheaper.  I can probably take on 5 orders (including myself) if anyone wants to get in a group buy.  I think Charlie said he'd be in.

Let me know!

to confirm, yes..im in.

solid gold and black mix.

noise44_06-100x100.jpg

Doomina - S/T

Let me know!

Digging this. I'd be in.

In my top 10.

I think I can get behind this, too. This album, and Age of the Fifth Sun are just unfuckwithable.

The clear copy I have of All is Violent sounds amazing. Got it from someone on here, too!

Spinning my copy of "Binary Opposition" by Shy, Low right now. And now I have justification for why I never go for half-half variants: the white side of this clear/white half-and-half has tons of surface noise. When you're up close to the speakers, you can hear it go cshhhhh...... cshhhhhh.....cshhhhhh.... as the needle goes over the white part. As usual, the clear is silent.

Anybody have a reason why that might be? It's kind of fascinating from a physics standpoint to me.

But man.... listening to "Presence" turned up real loud is a fucking thing of beauty, let me tell you.

• jhulud locked this topic