Oldies.com HUGE clearance

I ordered that Sybille Baier record direct from the label and it wasnt sealed.

Great record tho.

I actually intern at Orange Twin, the label that presses the Sybille Baier LP, and none of our copies are sealed before we send them out to stores, webstore orders, or our distributor. In fact, none of our LPs ship sealed, though some of the ones with loose packaging get sent in a clear sleeve.

There's your fun fact for the day!  :)

Thanks for the info. I had a feeling that was the case, but it's good to know for sure.

And yeah, it is a fantastic record.

Mine came today. Fiance opened it to check how many were there and got 5/6. 4 items i ordered said one left when i checked out so figured it was a long shot. The one item i didnt receive said there were 22 copies left at checkout so figured would be guarenteed that one but clearly not.. This sale has been great and huge props to the gentleman who has been going above and beyond to check order statuses and field questions from all of us.

Still a bit pissed i didnt receive the one but what can you do. After everyone takes a breather at oldies and decides to do round two of the sale the first come first serve method needs to be done. I feel bad for the people who ordered before me and still are in limbo and may receive way less than what they should have got based on order number.

I have a really stupid question / observation / I think everyone else is aware of it and I'm just dumb..

Regardless of the order that peoples orders are fulfilled, it shouldn't make a difference for sold out records - so it really wasn't the peoples fault that for example, no one who ordered Owen got Owen, but it's 100% the inventory system / shopping cart online.  oldies kickstarter for a new infrastructure!

I have a really stupid question / observation / I think everyone else is aware of it and I'm just dumb..

Regardless of the order that peoples orders are fulfilled, it shouldn't make a difference for sold out records - so it really wasn't the peoples fault that for example, no one who ordered Owen got Owen, but it's 100% the inventory system / shopping cart online.  oldies kickstarter for a new infrastructure!

Lots of times I have ordered stuff from Oldies (when a huge sale wasn't on) and it shows that one or more copies of something are in stock and then it doesn't ship.  I don't know if that is the inventory system or the people pulling the orders, but it's an issue at the best of times. 

Got one of the seven that I ordered.

Still a great deal though and very happy to have "Sing Loud, Sing Proud" by the Dropkick Murphys on vinyl.

Bonus: It was on green vinyl.

Bonus Bonus: I paid 8ppd for a record I would have easily spent twice on anywhere else. 

Is the paypal refund automatic after the 14 days? Do I need to call or email about it? Will I ever get a girlfriend?

nice I think i will be getting all 7 of mine...it shows all of them on the shipped page? Without looking throught eh 40 pages on here.....anyone know if it deletes those that wont be in the order? Not a big deal...I can just wait and see...

Or I guess check my card charge..if its the same amount..that would be quicker! lol

I know my second order will have to ship someday because I doubt 8 people picked up that Antillectual LP. Might also be the only LP in that order when it ships haha. 

So I got a shipping notification today. 2.6 pounds. Considering that EVERYTHING else I ordered is now out of stock (aside from Antillectual) I hope I got one or two other LPs. Guess its surprise time.

Just had my second order cancelled even though the records were still in stock a few days after I placed the order. I received a paypal refund at the same time as cancellation however I'm still waiting on a refund on the records cancelled from my first order if anyone else who ordered via paypal was wondering. 

Just had my second order cancelled even though the records were still in stock a few days after I placed the order. I received a paypal refund at the same time as cancellation however I'm still waiting on a refund on the records cancelled from my first order if anyone else who ordered via paypal was wondering. 

So they refund your paypal in the amount of whatever part of your order gets cancelled?

Mine shipped today, got free upgraded shipping to Fedex. 8.1lbs, 15 records ordered...we'll see what ships....

And since everyone is focused on their previous orders, I decided to gamble again with another small order, 54 bucks shipped. Pretty stoked about this one.

Tycoon by No Trigger (Vinyl LP)

The Secret Value of Daydreaming by Julian Lennon (Vinyl LP) (This is a totally underrated record)

Next Stop...Soweto Vol. 3: Giants, Ministers and Makers: Jazz In South Africa 1963-1978 (2-LPs) by Various Artists (Vinyl LP)

Killion Vaults (2-LP) by Orgone (Vinyl LP)

Cali Fever (2-LP) by Orgone (Vinyl LP)

Jungle Struttin' (2-LPs) by The Lions (Vinyl LP) (killer dub/funk)

Everybody's Boppin': Early Northwest Rockers And Instrumentals Vol. 1 by Various Artists

So they refund your paypal in the amount of whatever part of your order gets cancelled?

Well seeing as my 2nd order was a single item (4LP boxset) they cancelled my entire order and refunded that amount + shipping. I've yet to receive a partial refund on the 3/6 records that didn't make the cut on my first order.