pretty sure the black parts on the first press were different from the second, no? like it was matte on the first press then shiny on the second? am i crazy? 

Correct, pretty sure there was the spot-gloss on the black on the 2nd and 3rd pressings. My bad.

The rest of the art is identical though.

Just got this in the mail about 30 minutes ago. Whoever complained that the jacket is pixelated is being pretty ridiculous. You can't even tell. You have to look extremely close to see it, and even then its barely noticeable haha. It looks great. I'm grateful I have the opportunity to own this. Thank you Travis!

Not referring to this release specifically as I don't think there's any legitimate issues, but I don't necessarily think it's ridiculous for someone to complain about album cover pixelation or any other real issue regarding the physical product. When you're paying $25+ (or $65 for the overseas folks) for a record these days, there certainly should be a certain level of quality control on the manufacturers part. Just my two cents...

No, but I am surprised that the cover is slightly pixelated.  

Got this today, took a GOOD look and didn't notice this at all. Not even going to check to see if you're right because:

1) I don't care

2) If I didn't notice it upon my initial look it's probably not relevant enough to give a shit

3) Parts of the cover are glossy, some parts are flat, just like the original CD, and I am totally stoked to see that kind of detail.The splatter on the record itself looks great as well.

4) Want to see a pixelated cover that you might actually have some grounds to complain? Go check out HT's first re-release of Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance. I own it and the pixelated image sucks, but who cares, I'm spinning wax of a record I love that I didn't own before for $20.

I have all 3 pressings in front of me right now, the jacket is identical for all 3

Do not have the original, but I have the 2nd pressing from HT and didn't even notice a difference. Honestly Travis, you're a dear to respond to these people complaining, but really I think the effort is useless as they are out of their freakin' minds.

Welcome to the "Bitch about anything and everything" mentality that our society is becoming.  Too many fucking brats in this world today.  Hopefully the vinyl community never gets as bad as video gamers, they cry about every little thing.

You can thank liberals for that! EVERYONE, no matter how insignifigant, has a right to complain and be heard!

But honestly, the issue is more the "anonymity" of most of these complaining assholes.

Nobody knows who they are, nobody will ever know, so they feel like they can just "like" a facebook page to make a statement, or mouth off wherever to anybody who will let them because they spent $25 (which is 3+ hours of mind-numbing work at the local burger joint) without having to be accountable for the shit they post. Amazing progressive society we live in these days...